Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm same height as you but 83 kg and this is lightest I've been in over 20 years! My target is 75 kg.... This is nigh on impossible so goodness knows how I'd get anywhere near 65 kg. No wonder you climb better than
DTN same height 95 kg
Who's all doing the re-run at 5pm?
I'm working out of town this weekend.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Kudos to you TB :okay:

I left my previous job for a lower paying one a few years ago as I wasn't get enough time to get into a healthy routine. Since then I've lost 3 stone, cycle a rural route to/from work every day and have never been happier. It's scary how easy it is for your wellbeing to spiral downhill when in the 'wrong' job :eek:
The thing is I enjoy my job 98% of the time and the other 2% is offset by the hours I can work. It also keeps my brain engaged when things go wrong. The downside is or was my lack of willingness to do something about my poor health choices.

That changed over 3 1/2 years ago when I gave up smoking and shortly there after got back on a bicycle. It has been a slow improvement ever since. I have my days and sometimes weeks where I just go fugit and let everything slide. However eventually I get back on track and make good on what has gone wrong.

Here's to continued improvement :okay:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
safe be it could to say bkool fixed

i didnt search bill though, i used sevenum

BILL S

Guru
The thing is I enjoy my job 98% of the time and the other 2% is offset by the hours I can work. It also keeps my brain engaged when things go wrong. The downside is or was my lack of willingness to do something about my poor health choices.

That changed over 3 1/2 years ago when I gave up smoking and shortly there after got back on a bicycle. It has been a slow improvement ever since. I have my days and sometimes weeks where I just go fugit and let everything slide. However eventually I get back on track and make good on what has gone wrong.

Here's to continued improvement :okay:

Its a very tough job that you're doing TB. Not talking about your day job but the temptation to say fugit and let it all slide. When your body says it wants something its very hard to say no and for me the problem is I have a sweet tooth and find it difficult not to eat sweets and cakes and such like. I hit 87kg 4 or 5 years ago and decided that was enough. I've since been down as far as 70kg but have stabilised at around 76/77 kg. The 70kg was on holiday cycling about 8 hours a day every other day for a month. I'm another one at 5 ft 8 in and at 70 kg people thought I looked ridiculously skinny and the mrs told me I better put on weight.
Anyway, keep up the good work and never give up. I don't ever plan on giving up cycling, even if I do give up the turbo. When I got the labyrinthitis I thought that was it but its mostly gone now or I've just got used to feeling a bit wobbly. I reckon it's worth giving up certain foods and its surprising how easy that can be. I gave up butter and margarine about 15 years ago and I never missed it. Not so easy with the cakes though :sad:

BILL S

Guru
i didnt search bill though, i used sevenum
I think that's fixed now. Your plan went like clockwork today AAAC. I wish I could have stayed with the big blue swarm up front but no chance today. I tried at first but just didn't have it in the legs. I saw you break away near the end enough to keep the lead. Perfect tactics :smile:
Thanks @Brusgaard for letting me make use of your ghost for the duration and letting me beat you to the line :tongue:.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Its a very tough job that you're doing TB. Not talking about your day job but the temptation to say fugit and let it all slide. When your body says it wants something its very hard to say no and for me the problem is I have a sweet tooth and find it difficult not to eat sweets and cakes and such like. I hit 87kg 4 or 5 years ago and decided that was enough. I've since been down as far as 70kg but have stabilised at around 76/77 kg. The 70kg was on holiday cycling about 8 hours a day every other day for a month. I'm another one at 5 ft 8 in and at 70 kg people thought I looked ridiculously skinny and the mrs told me I better put on weight.
Anyway, keep up the good work and never give up. I don't ever plan on giving up cycling, even if I do give up the turbo. When I got the labyrinthitis I thought that was it but its mostly gone now or I've just got used to feeling a bit wobbly. I reckon it's worth giving up certain foods and its surprising how easy that can be. I gave up butter and margarine about 15 years ago and I never missed it. Not so easy with the cakes though :sad:

5' 8" and skinny at 70 kg.
I'm 6'(1" ish) and spent 20 years a 10st 4lb, 65kg.
That's because my poison was alcohol and unlike most my appetite goes to zero after a few drinks.
I also smoked which didn't help either but being in the Forces probably saved me from total decline although I got pretty low at times.
I have now flat-lined at 76kg but got as 'heavy' as 80kg when I gave up smoking at 44 and then 4 months later my angina started, but that's another story.

Boxers struggle is greater than mine because it is relatively easy not to drink alcohol, as they say the easiest drink to turn down is the first one.
And once you give up smoking proper starting again is almost impossible because you find it so vile.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I think that's fixed now. Your plan went like clockwork today AAAC. I wish I could have stayed with the big blue swarm up front but no chance today. I tried at first but just didn't have it in the legs. I saw you break away near the end enough to keep the lead. Perfect tactics :smile:
Thanks @Brusgaard for letting me make use of your ghost for the duration and letting me beat you to the line :tongue:.

Feking dust on dust is all I can say.
I'm sure my average on screen watts was 490
Gonna have to tuck into the single malt tonight to slow myself down.
Might have a cigar as well!

upload_2018-3-17_19-20-49.png

upload_2018-3-17_19-22-17.png

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm like you Bill, have a serious sweet tooth. Not great for the waste!

Top Bottom