Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Cav is OK. He has broken another rib and possibly pulled a ligament.

Good news is he has been offered a contract as a body double stunt man for the next 'Little People Big World' series.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Challenge accepted AAAC :boxing:

I got the email of shame that you'd beaten me by 7 seconds :notworthy:. Reckon that puts you 3 secs ahead with 2 stages left!

That makes sense.
I was 12 seconds down and improved by 15.
Didn't do it by just wheel sucking either
That course is a real fairy dust course which is, I believe, on account of thier ''inertia feature".
The constant undulations mean that the SW looses itself between allowing for your inertia and setting the resistance for the immediate conditions.
The faster you go the more it gets lost and at about 53kph the elastic breaks and you end up skipping over climbs and pushing 500 plus watts going downhill.

At halfway I was up for Pro 5 and then the Ghost Train caught me and I sat in for a while and my average Watts went down from 490 to 430 pretty quick so I set of on my own again until it was back up to 490 then the Ghost Train caught me again
I then sat in our group untill about 6 km to go and smashed it all the way home
In that time my average must have gone up by 30 watts or more.
I also had to watch the time as I didn't want to finish inside 30 minutes.
About 2 years back I first got my blue hat on a course like this but a tad flatter.
I had borrowed a Carbon Disc wheel and I whoo whoo' d it all the way home.

Last edited:

peterob

Veteran
That makes sense.
That course is a real fairy dust course which is, I believe, on account of thier ''inertia feature".
The constant undulations mean that the SW looses itself between allowing for your inertia and setting the resistance for the immediate conditions.
The faster you go the more it gets lost and at about 53kph the elastic breaks and you end up skipping over climbs and pushing 500 plus watts going downhill.
I noticed just that or something similar in a Winter Cup race a week or two ago. I was riding alongside Pep and noticed that, just before an elevation transition, he would put in a burst. This seemed to carry him through the next segment with increased speed and made it extra hard work to keep up. He'd then do the same thing again until eventually I was dropped (well not too long later really! :blush:).

It'd be a shame if this style of riding was 'rewarded' as it's not exactly natural :ohmy:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I noticed just that or something similar in a Winter Cup race a week or two ago. I was riding alongside Pep and noticed that, just before an elevation transition, he would put in a burst. This seemed to carry him through the next segment with increased speed and made it extra hard work to keep up. He'd then do the same thing again until eventually I was dropped (well not too long later really! :blush:).

It'd be a shame if this style of riding was 'rewarded' as it's not exactly natural :ohmy:
Unfortunately I think this style of riding is rewarded in Bkool, the stronger the rider the bigger the reward. but only on the Bkool trainers - I don't get the same on the Kickr which is why I can't stay on the wheel of Bkool trainer riders through transitions, even when I am faster than them on flatter sections.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
the difference between trainers was hammered home to me on thursday :sad: from the very start when everybody raced away with no resistance and i was stuck slowly winding up . every transition the speed went down to what it thought you should be doing then slowly went up - even a difference of 0.5 the speed went down thru blue numbers then slowly up until next change
i got the pro out on saturday and did the same route and noticed straight away that if i went a bit harder just before the transition then the reward was either free watts or speed
as i only had heartrate to compare i tried to keep it the same as thurs ( although low at minute either thru faulty monitor/heart or the pills i am on )
thursdays ride done mostly on my own i had a if score of 1 watts 218 time 40.46
saturdays ride with ghosts but done more than my fair share at front i had a if score of 1.4 watts 300 time 33.10
heart rate was 2 beats a minute faster saturday
both rides were after 1 days rest
theres sprinkling fairy dust , then theres fitting engines to bikes !!
i don't understand how the pro will work on bkool and zwift fine ( as long as turned off on )but trainers that work fine on other platforms just can't work on bkool
thursdays ride although annoying as the speed kept slowing , at the end all the averages were nearer to realistic

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Pete I think you’re on the long journey to acceptance! ^_^

The conclusion is whether or not you can make peace with the fact that BKOOL has a questionable relationship to reality. It’s possible we are all faster than pep tache. Or perhaps he is faster than all of us. In truth we have no idea who is faster than who in the ‘real world’ if we use BKOOL as our guide.

Maybe one style of riding is optimal over another. Maybe one trainer is more generous than another. The end of the journey is when you accept that it’s all irrelevant and you can only race with the parameters you are given. Then it’s just a question of whether or not you can make peace with this reality, or join the splitters. Who come back here from time to time, to act as unpaid flag bearers for the dark side!

Top Bottom