Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
:angry: 'kin' lightweights :cursing:. Only jealous :blush:

I'm 5 11 and a bit. I started work with a 36 waist. Over the next 5 or so years that went down to a 34/32 dependant to the trousers. I then changed to the company I now work for. Initially I was in a physical dept working 10-12hr days. So my weight dropped and my normal waist became a 32.

I then changed dept's. Since then it's been an upward trajectory of ever increasing waist sizes. Culminating in my soon to be max of 48 :sad: .

Over the last 3 yrs I have gradually lost a little weight continually. There have been ups and downs, but more downs than ups. I am also changing shape. I have not apparently lost much off my waist, but my legs and arms have shrunk and I've moved almost 3 notches smaller on my watch strap :huh:. Most of my clothes are now getting to the stage where they will need to be replaced because the are tooooo big :wahhey:, starting with the trousers.

The big thing, I think, is getting into a habit of doing stuff a certain way or making the time to do cetain stuff. I used to watch a lot of TV series that were not available in the uk by getting them by other means. There's a lot of good stuff out there and quite a bit is not english language, but is available subtitled. Since I've been doing the bkool thing the time devoted to that has shrunk to less than 2 hr's a night, from 4-8. I'm now find it impossible to keep current on half the shows I watched or to discover new shows to add to the list. This is a good thing.

I now feel unhappy when forced not to use the bike, I can happily take a day off of the bike at any time, but time off due to illness or injury grates :angry:. I also mostly do 1 1/2 to 2 hrs a time when doing a session in bkool or BRVR or a combination of both. 8-12 hrs a week of non work related exercise is more than I've done ever.

I just need to keep on this route to keep seeing improvements. :angel:
Kudos to you TB :okay:

I left my previous job for a lower paying one a few years ago as I wasn't get enough time to get into a healthy routine. Since then I've lost 3 stone, cycle a rural route to/from work every day and have never been happier. It's scary how easy it is for your wellbeing to spiral downhill when in the 'wrong' job :eek:

peterob

Veteran
just had a re-run of thurs ride but on the pro - my word aren't the fairies generous nowadays :biggrin:
Is that a 2009 Giant Defy in your profile pic Berty?

I'm just replacing the whole groupset on mine today after things have been seizing/breaking after another winters use. I've been buying up bits 2nd hand off Ebay. I'll watch the end/hightlights of Milan-San Remo now and then continue with the shifters :smile:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

I'm just replacing the whole groupset on mine today after things have been seizing/breaking after another winters use. I've been buying up bits 2nd hand off Ebay. I'll watch the end/hightlights of Milan-San Remo now and then continue with the shifters :smile:

Do you still need some components Pete? I’m trying to pick up a few bits and pieces myself at the moment so am spending a bit of time scouring the internet. ‘Bikeradar’ has a pretty good second hand section if you don’t find what you need on eBay.

berty bassett

Legendary Member

It is an ex-rapid2 that was slightly modified to make it more for touring but was kindly flat packed for me by a vw ! -only things not damaged were back wheel , seat post ,stem and handle bars ! Found out while trying to salvage parts that the main point of impact was the crank on the chainring side -pushed the rings into a dish shape -bent the bottom bracket and frame -snapped front wheel bent forks knackered shifters
On the bright side all cables are spot on

Del C

Veteran
Who's all doing the re-run at 5pm?
I'll be there

peterob

Veteran
Do you still need some components Pete? I’m trying to pick up a few bits and pieces myself at the moment so am spending a bit of time scouring the internet. ‘Bikeradar’ has a pretty good second hand section if you don’t find what you need on eBay.
I've got all the components now Tommy - I didn't think of using Bikeradar. They're mostly 105 (+Ultegra shifters) that I picked up of ebay - there's plenty on there so you can pick up for a good price if you watch things for a while.

Top Bottom