Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I recently checked the drive thread on mine after @theboxers posted the pic of his as I wondered whether that was the cause of my own fairydust. The thread was perfect.

I'm planning to do the WC 6pm session on Thursday AAAC If you fancy joining me then and seeing if we can keep the Danes off of the podium :laugh:

I may struggle to make 6 but I will try.

peterob

Veteran
I may struggle to make 6 but I will try.
And the Thursday Chaingang straight after! :hyper:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Good sprint finish last night @BILL S - you timed it perfectly :surrender:

Something I've noticed in the last couple of rides is when riding/drafting with you and @AAAC 76C , I get dropped instantly whenever there's an incline of any sort. I started pre-empting it and was standing up doing around 500 watts as the uphill sections started and you were both still leaving me for dead every time

BILL S

Guru

Something I've noticed in the last couple of rides is when riding/drafting with you and @AAAC 76C , I get dropped instantly whenever there's an incline of any sort. I started pre-empting it and was standing up doing around 500 watts as the uphill sections started and you were both still leaving me for dead every time

I hadn't been planning to take part in the sprint finish but when I saw you accelerating away, the red mist got the better of me and I had to go after you. I never normally put that kind of power into my final sprint, but there seemed to be a little left over for a change. I notice that I've found some more fairy dust lately (new tyre and hrm attached) but you seem to have lost some. You used to leave me for dead on the hills but now I have the advantage. I was going to try and stay with @AAAC 76C when you two came past the first time but when we got to the longer hill I had no chance of keeping up.

peterob

Veteran

I had the same thing for a short while not so long ago (it was shortly before the NC). After installing BSIM on a different laptop and using that I've not experienced it since.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I hadn't been planning to take part in the sprint finish but when I saw you accelerating away, the red mist got the better of me and I had to go after you. I never normally put that kind of power into my final sprint, but there seemed to be a little left over for a change. I notice that I've found some more fairy dust lately (new tyre and hrm attached) but you seem to have lost some. You used to leave me for dead on the hills but now I have the advantage. I was going to try and stay with @AAAC 76C when you two came past the first time but when we got to the longer hill I had no chance of keeping up.
Yes, I'm getting some negative fairy dust at times - almost realistic watts in some circumstances which is just outrageous!! On Zwift - which is more consistent - my fitness seems to be just fine and if anything getting better so I'm confident it's not just me. I keep wondering if it's a hardware problem with the trainer but that doesn't explain why it's remaining consistent on Zwift, or why several of us are getting strange results.

I've never really been too bothered by the unrealistic Bkool watts as long as it was mostly consistent and we could therefore judge our own efforts and race on a fairly level playing field. Getting a bit frustrated with the wild variations many of us are getting now though. One race I'll be towing you in my wake, the next you're leaving me for dust and beating me by several minutes despite similar efforts

Yes, I'm getting some negative fairy dust at times - almost realistic watts in some circumstances which is just outrageous!! On Zwift - which is more consistent - my fitness seems to be just fine and if anything getting better so I'm confident it's not just me. I keep wondering if it's a hardware problem with the trainer but that doesn't explain why it's remaining consistent on Zwift, or why several of us are getting strange results.

I've never really been too bothered by the unrealistic Bkool watts as long as it was mostly consistent and we could therefore judge our own efforts and race on a fairly level playing field. Getting a bit frustrated with the wild variations many of us are getting now though. One race I'll be towing you in my wake, the next you're leaving me for dust and beating me by several minutes despite similar efforts
I know completely different league than you guys but last night was my fastest time I’ve ever done on stouby and yet consistently about 80 watts below previous ride?

There was me thinking I can push 500 Watts :laugh:

peterob

Veteran
I know completely different league than you guys but last night was my fastest time I’ve ever done on stouby and yet consistently about 80 watts below previous ride?

There was me thinking I can push 500 Watts :laugh:
It seems a lot of us have been experiencing fairydust recently (positive and negative). Yourself, myself, AAAC and Bill have all reported positive dust over the past few weeks. I've made a number of changes recently that all could potentially lead to a positive improvement but even the 'aggregation of these marginal gains' doesn't explain the significant meteoric rise I've had since the Nations Cup. As well as currently being competitive against the likes of AAAC, I'm also able to consistently challenge the NC Danes in the Winter Cup, which is frankly ridiculous!

I'll be out and about in trw more from next week and reality will punch me in the stomach then! ^_^.

BILL S

Guru

It almost feels like my new fairy dust has pulled me back up to where you blue guys have been for a while. I stupidly had a tyre on that wasn't doing me any favours and I need to do an experiment with my hrm to see if using it has also helped. In the mean time Pete and AAAC have found some new dust to add to what we already have. Could Zwift be the reason you are losing out? something about the way it sets up your trainer?

AAAC 76C

Large Member

Mine is just dust Bridgy, hoping to find a hardware issue this week end to peg me back down again as it is a little bizarre, to say the least, how far I am leaving you behind.
A little while back my change of tyre gave me a new boost going downhill but not up.
We will see what I find but it feels a little odd looking for something to slow me down.

Top Bottom