Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
To be honest, I've been laughing my head off over it ever since, can't believe I made such a beginners mistake. The frightening thing though is that a cyc;list was killed on the CAP Formentor road ths day before, which is a reminder as to just how vulnerable we are at times.

I've spent so much time on the turbo over winter that I'd forgotten that you can't descend at 80KmH IRL like you can on Descending Alpe d@huez on BKool :rofl:
Only 80??????????

BILL S

Guru
Thursday Chaingang tonight at 7pm. :angel: I'm expecting to see a full grid ;)

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Too scary for me these days especially after seeing Alemans fall off that cliff edge :eek:
I'm wondering if the ToC would be safe enough for me :rofl:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
To be honest, I've been laughing my head off over it ever since, can't believe I made such a beginners mistake. The frightening thing though is that a cyc;list was killed on the CAP Formentor road ths day before, which is a reminder as to just how vulnerable we are at times.

I've spent so much time on the turbo over winter that I'd forgotten that you can't descend at 80KmH IRL like you can on Descending Alpe d@huez on BKool :rofl:

Don’t put yourself down too much mate. That’s our job! ^_^

Seriously though I think that could happen to any of us mate. Maybe the guys coming up the hill in the opposite direction just before you turned onto the hill put you off from swinging out too far on to the wrong side of the road. Like you say it could of been a lot worse. How many times can we look back and say crikey that could of been worse! For me it must be dozens of times just dodging traffic in London.

BILL S

Guru
No re-run for me tomorrow as I'm off to Devon to sample some real ale's. I put my time in yesterday but had the unhappy experience of my laptop battery running out part way through and my screen going blank. I had forgotten to make sure the laptop cable was properly connected. I was about to completely give up and got off the bike, but when I reconnected the laptop cable and pressed the on button, the laptop sprung back to life and the sim was still running even though the laptop had gone into some sort of hibernation mode. So I was still in the game and able to continue, not really losing that much time.

Top Bottom