Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Oh joy. 6 hours waiting for parts to turn up for a call out fault :cursing::banghead:

To make matters worse the ETA has been pushed back 3 times for a total of 3 1/2 hours :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:
:thumbsdown:

kipster

Guru
It was tough.

lovely weather. Sunburned arms and a sore throat.. not sure why but it’s sorer than a sore thing this morning.

So.. the ride was great, lovely weather and off half hour earlier, so was on my way at 6.30. I managed to get over all the earlier climbs including the awful climb out of Pately Bridge... and was heading back down towards Otley where HID and a few friends were waiting at the top of the Chevin - a killer climb. I got up that - just, and had a natter with F&F, then on my way, one more climb and coast into Leeds. My chain snapped... ! I fixed the chain and got on my way, with about 5 miles to go.. click, click, click... from the chain, so soft pedalling was the plan.. sailed all the way down into Leeds, through Kirkstall, up towards the Headrow.. 500... 400.. 300... 250.... SNAP... it went... I walked the last 200 in front of a few thousand folk, high fiving kids and all a little embarrassing. Not the finish I envisaged, but finish I did. I await the photos with trepidation.

I didn’t see Kipster probably because I did not look up - my eyes fixed on the line... but if Kipster was at the line, he couldn’t have missed me.. :blush::blush:

I wasn't at the finish to see that Jim, that is bad luck. If I was I wouldn't have taken photos thinking poor man. It must have been hot climbing those hills. Well done for finishing even with the last 200m on foot.

Last edited:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Still here, completely fubar'd. New parts DOA. Waiting for a decision on what to do now. :banghead:

IMG-20180507-WA0000.jpeg

My workplace for the last 9 hours.

Last edited:

Whorty

Went out into the real world today and found out why I should stay at home ... bit of road rash!! :cry: I was out on the SS and had already climbed one of the hills around here (hard work but I got out the saddle and ground my way up). Then headed to the more difficult hill around here, with gradients of 15% +, averaging 8% over the 1 mile climb. Only just started the climb but hit a 14% section and stopped. Problem with this road is, it's full of blind corners and I was weaving a lot as I was out the saddle so went for safety instead of bravery. Had unclipped safely and stopped fine. Checked fr traffic, nothing coming either way, so started to turn and head back down - miss judged the fact I had to pedal up, to start the turn, and just bailed over :crazy: I'm now crumpled on the road, blocking both ways. Thankfully no cars coming either way. Picked myself up, blood running down from knee and also elbow. What an absolute idiot plonker :banghead:

:surrender:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Went out into the real world today and found out why I should stay at home ... bit of road rash!! :cry: I was out on the SS and had already climbed one of the hills around here (hard work but I got out the saddle and ground my way up). Then headed to the more difficult hill around here, with gradients of 15% +, averaging 8% over the 1 mile climb. Only just started the climb but hit a 14% section and stopped. Problem with this road is, it's full of blind corners and I was weaving a lot as I was out the saddle so went for safety instead of bravery. Had unclipped safely and stopped fine. Checked fr traffic, nothing coming either way, so started to turn and head back down - miss judged the fact I had to pedal up, to start the turn, and just bailed over :crazy: I'm now crumpled on the road, blocking both ways. Thankfully no cars coming either way. Picked myself up, blood running down from knee and also elbow. What an absolute idiot plonker :banghead:

:surrender:

:welcome:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
nothing wrong with battle scars !
has it made any difference to your thoughts of the dd ?

Whorty

nothing wrong with battle scars !
has it made any difference to your thoughts of the dd ?
Definitely going to be a challenge :biggrin: I managed to get up the smaller hill, which is about 1 mile at ave 6% (maxes out at 12% but not for long). Second hill I tried is much harder and I bailed at 0.5km on the 14% section. I could maybe have made it further but I was weaving too much and concerned with the cars. Still convinced that if I can get some good outdoor riding in between now and the DD then I should be fine.

As a backup though, the Boardman will be going in to the bike shop for a service as there is a nasty 'clunking' coming from the big bracket area that needs to be looked at.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Went out into the real world today and found out why I should stay at home ... bit of road rash!!
I had a little off today while descending to Port des canonge

Lucky for me that strategically placed tree was there and I grabbed it with my right hand ... more or less, It stopped me landing on my head!! Got caught out by the speed and and insane adverse camber which threw me to the inside ... the rest was history finished the remaining 90 miles as well. I apologise in advance for the crap quality facebook as on the video it's much better in Full HD :biggrin:

bobinski

Legendary Member

Lucky for me that strategically placed tree was there and I grabbed it with my right hand ... more or less, It stopped me landing on my head!! Got caught out by the speed and and insane adverse camber which threw me to the inside ... the rest was history finished the remaining 90 miles as well. I apologise in advance for the crap quality facebook as on the video it's much better in Full HD :biggrin:

Phew! Could have been a lot worse!

Watched that 25 times and it still is crazy. You're lucky or skillful to not fly off that cliff.

Top Bottom