Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
I had a little off today while descending to Port des canonge

Lucky for me that strategically placed tree was there and I grabbed it with my right hand ... more or less, It stopped me landing on my head!! Got caught out by the speed and and insane adverse camber which threw me to the inside ... the rest was history finished the remaining 90 miles as well. I apologise in advance for the crap quality facebook as on the video it's much better in Full HD :biggrin:

Looks like you were fortunate Ale Crazyman! Could have been a lot worse.

Did you do the Andratx to Port Pollenca trip yesterday (with extra added climbing)?

CXRAndy

Guru
Firstly you were on the wrong side. :smile: You carried too much speed, misjudged the turn in point and double corrected the cornering. Then probably did the look at the tree and that is where you end up. I don't know if you've ridden motorcycles, but if you teach your self to look through the bend and up the road a little your brain then controls the steering and you go where you look. Try not to look too much at the 10 yards in front but 20-30 yards. It requires practice, to improve your cornering. Every so often check the road surface before you look up the road so that you're notcornering into a pothole/gravel etc. Good tree hug though, the fauna will love you for it :biggrin:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I had a little off today while descending to Port des canonge

Lucky for me that strategically placed tree was there and I grabbed it with my right hand ... more or less, It stopped me landing on my head!! Got caught out by the speed and and insane adverse camber which threw me to the inside ... the rest was history finished the remaining 90 miles as well. I apologise in advance for the crap quality facebook as on the video it's much better in Full HD :biggrin:

Meh ..... I have a graze on my knee! :tongue:

Last edited:

BILL S

Guru
Anyone turboing tonight? I won't be as its too hot in my loft. The weather cools down after today so Thursday and Saturday should be much better.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Anyone turboing tonight? I won't be as its too hot in my loft. The weather cools down after today so Thursday and Saturday should be much better.

Resting my fat @rse, literally (but not fat, well not in these shorts)

Lost Saddle.jpg

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I listened again after you posted that.

Yep......... it's definitely FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

:rofl:

Take it that was that on the Andratx - Port de Pollenca ride?
Yes, I was dropping down into Port des Canonge ... Well I can say I've done it, a bit of a no where place really ... Even the cafe was poor, so I didn't stop, and just climbed back out. Port de Valldemossa has a better cafe ... but again is a bit meh! ... Port de Soller (Done today) is very nice, great cafes, great beach, and the sun was out ... nice .... Views :biggrin:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’ve not been around much of late. Working some long days and the weathers been so good I’ve been trying to ride outdoors when I have time. I’ve managed to just about justify working from home today so I thought I’d catch up on some of the gossip.
Seems like the main events are Berty cycling for 180 (!?) miles. And Aleman taking a dive off the side of the road! I hope you’ve both recovered. Must admit I laughed watching the video but only because I know you’re ok aleman. Looks like it could of been worse bud.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
To be honest, I've been laughing my head off over it ever since, can't believe I made such a beginners mistake. The frightening thing though is that a cyc;list was killed on the CAP Formentor road ths day before, which is a reminder as to just how vulnerable we are at times.

I've spent so much time on the turbo over winter that I'd forgotten that you can't descend at 80KmH IRL like you can on Descending Alpe d@huez on BKool :rofl:

Top Bottom