Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
That was a good stage at the giro today.

BILL S

Guru
I missed yesterday's rerun. I'll try to make it up today.

@BILL S How was the Ale tasting?

The ale tasting was extremely good Randy. :cheers: Hopefully you'll be partaking in a few British ales soon yourself.:cheers: I don't know what's available in the way of ales in Alaska, but I know some parts of the USA have some ales imported from here so maybe they won't be new to you after all. If not then Guinness is probably the closest you can get there. Of course if you want to drink Bud then you can find that here too. :thumbsdown: ^_^

The ale tasting was extremely good Randy. :cheers: Hopefully you'll be partaking in a few British ales soon yourself.:cheers: I don't know what's available in the way of ales in Alaska, but I know some parts of the USA have some ales imported from here so maybe they won't be new to you after all. If not then Guinness is probably the closest you can get there. Of course if you want to drink Bud then you can find that here too. :thumbsdown: ^_^
We have a local brewery (the owner used to work for me and was a great tech. Hated to see it take off and lose him) that makes a really good brown ale. These days the thing I really like that is still new over here is Cider. I’m looking forward to trying some in a few weeks.
That second stage today was killer. So many ups and downs. Lost my chain and could never get a good pace going. Every abrupt change stopped my momentum.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
We have a local brewery (the owner used to work for me and was a great tech. Hated to see it take off and lose him) that makes a really good brown ale. These days the thing I really like that is still new over here is Cider. I’m looking forward to trying some in a few weeks.
That second stage today was killer. So many ups and downs. Lost my chain and could never get a good pace going. Every abrupt change stopped my momentum.
Certainly plenty of ciders over here, you should be spoiled for choice. I'm a cider fan too, especially when the weather is warm :okay:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
These days the thing I really like that is still new over here is Cider.

Be careful when offered the local scrumpy. Really easy to drink apple juice with a trick up its sleave. :cheers:.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Be careful when offered the local scrumpy. Really easy to drink apple juice with a trick up its sleave. :cheers:.
Superb pub in London, by Trafalgar Square - The Harp - always have a menu of ciders. Very very tasty, but really have to be careful as many of them are 6%+ Unfortunately this is my favourite London pub so I always end up there and it can get messy :crazy:

AAAC 76C

Large Member

My first drink in a pub was brown ale, only because that's what the guy before me ordered.
Stuck with that until a moved on to Guiness.
I have drank Guiness as my choice pint since.
Early days when draft was hard to find Black and Tan stood in.

Del C

Veteran
Anyone Chain Ganging tonight? I won't be as its a bit warm today so will be putting in my main effort on Thursday.
Not me.

I was out in the real world today, recovering from illness over the weekend.

As a warm-up, I decided to see how I felt last night by riding CG1 on the turbo by myself. I decided I wouldn't push it, just take it easy and ride in 'plod-mode'.

In fact, I achieved plod-mode very early in the warm-up, and as I started the stage I moved effortlessly though plod-plus, to super-plod and ended up in hyper-plod as all my specially selected slower ghosts effortlessly left me miles behind. The slowest bastard ghost decided to blow me away on the last mini-climb towards the finish. The little sh*t! :cursing:

I headed back in to the house to HID saying 'Oh. You look tired!' as I thought back to all the good form I'd had in Mallorca and thought "F**k". :evil:

Top Bottom