Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
3rd day sitting in hospital so no riding for me. HID rushed in Thursday, emergency op yesterday, recovering today. Hoping to take her home tonight as don't fancy another 24 hours in a chair! Only positive is I get to stay with her all day and not just visiting hours as I'm her carer and there aren't enough nurses to help her eat etc. The next time you see my ride on Strava you'll know we've finally escaped!!

kipster

Guru
Looking for a Yorkshire report from @Jim Brown
Watched the end of yesterday's stage at the cow and calf Ilkley yesterday, tough climb to finish the day for those racing. Off to Halifax for the start tomorrow and Leeds for the finish. It's going to be warm. I'll wave if I see Jim.
IMG-20180504-WA0002.jpeg

Watched the end of yesterday's stage at the cow and calf Ilkley yesterday, tough climb to finish the day for those racing. Off to Halifax for the start tomorrow and Leeds for the finish. It's going to be warm. I'll wave if I see Jim.
View attachment 407591
I envy your spouse handling skills more than your bikes or riding ability.
“Oh honey I just got back from Riding in the meditaranian and I’m going to run up and watch a race this weekend.
Oh, and when you’re taking out the garbage please be careful when going by the MGBGT. Thanks. Oh and happy anniversary. What that was last week?. Sorry”

kipster

Guru
I envy your spouse handling skills more than your bikes or riding ability.
“Oh honey I just got back from Riding in the meditaranian and I’m going to run up and watch a race this weekend.
Oh, and when you’re taking out the garbage please be careful when going by the MGBGT. Thanks. Oh and happy anniversary. What that was last week?. Sorry”
She's with me, my daughter lives in a town called Brighouse near Leeds, so we pop up to visit and watch a bit of the racing. Today we visited the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, a very nice day out. Someone made a tree out of a tree, I'm not very cultured so it's a bit beyond me.

IMG_20180505_122112097.jpg

Last edited:

BILL S

Guru
Great ride Randy! :notworthy: You won the live race fair and square after I didn't manage to catch up with you, and towards the end you were just pulling away with nothing I could do about it. Conditions in my loft meant that I couldn't make my usual watts and towards the end my HR was up at 170 ish with me only making 200 watts or so. :sweat:

bobinski

Legendary Member
3rd day sitting in hospital so no riding for me. HID rushed in Thursday, emergency op yesterday, recovering today. Hoping to take her home tonight as don't fancy another 24 hours in a chair! Only positive is I get to stay with her all day and not just visiting hours as I'm her carer and there aren't enough nurses to help her eat etc. The next time you see my ride on Strava you'll know we've finally escaped!!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Mrs W.

Del C

Veteran
The miles probably because we were staying in alcuida, I don't know about the climbing.
Alcudia probably does explain the miles.

The elevation may be down to the route. Did you stay on the MA-10 or drop down to any of the bays on the route, like Port de Valdemossa or Port de Roller? WE just rode the MA-10

Del C

Veteran
Sorry to hear this. Hope she gets well soon and you're both back home.

Slightly reluctant to ask, but what is the problem? No need to reply if you don't want to.

Great ride Randy! :notworthy: You won the live race fair and square after I didn't manage to catch up with you, and towards the end you were just pulling away with nothing I could do about it. Conditions in my loft meant that I couldn't make my usual watts and towards the end my HR was up at 170 ish with me only making 200 watts or so. :sweat:
I thought you were toying with me after you caught me then dropped back. I pumped up the tire oiled the chain but most importantly dropped my weight. I love to eat and it's been 6 weeks of not eating anything good in preparation for the double devil. It's tough but I'll be foraging through the UK in 26 days. You will be able to follow my progress by the news reports of bakery outages and cider shortages.

I hope she has a speedy recovery from her surgery.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
All the best for HID and @Whorty. Hope you're both out of clink soonest :thumbsup:

Top Bottom