Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Oops I've been Wiggling :whistle:
15288798000831491891235826341031.jpg

Disappointed to only get 2 Haribo though :sad:

Last edited:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
View attachment 414061

They are power pedals?
I assume so seeing Garmin either that or they control your route.
If so do they work via pressure on the inner sticky out bits or is the spindle strain gauges.
The latter would make for expensive pedal maintenance.

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
View attachment 414061

I got a pair of these (Garmin Vector 3) and they work quite well, but not as consistent as my Powertap wheels.

They have a number of glitches that Garmin are sorting out, primarily the battery covers don't work well and they have just announced free replacement covers for owners... http://marketinginfo.garmin.com/u/gm.php?UID=LJZApxjVyd&ID=120148819_2264408_1145

Hopefully these will resolve the regular right power meter missing and battery low warnings.

They are power pedals?
I assume so seeing Garmin either that or they control your route.
If so do they work via pressure on the inner sticky out bits or is the spindle strain gauges.
The latter would make for expensive pedal maintenance.

Strain gauges in the spindles!

The Cycling Dynamics are interesting, I've spent a while trying to correct my right cleat position to reduce a Platform Center Offset of +13mm or so, which gives me pain around my little toe on my right foot. My left foot is fine and offset is always around 0-1 mm.

My only problem is the power readings are much lower than my KICKR was, but unfortunately that's all to do with my no longer being very fit! :cry:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I got a pair of these (Garmin Vector 3) and they work quite well, but not as consistent as my Powertap wheels.

They have a number of glitches that Garmin are sorting out, primarily the battery covers don't work well and they have just announced free replacement covers for owners... http://marketinginfo.garmin.com/u/gm.php?UID=LJZApxjVyd&ID=120148819_2264408_1145

Hopefully these will resolve the regular right power meter missing and battery low warnings.
I saw that and will be calling for a set shortly.
Strain gauges in the spindles!

The Cycling Dynamics are interesting, I've spent a while trying to correct my right cleat position to reduce a Platform Center Offset of +13mm or so, which gives me pain around my little toe on my right foot. My left foot is fine and offset is always around 0-1 mm.

My only problem is the power readings are much lower than my KICKR was, but unfortunately that's all to do with my no longer being very fit! :cry:
I've always had a offset issue. With wide size 13's and a need to pedal around the spare tyre my power tends to be delivered on the outside of the pedal. My cleats are set to move the shoe as far in board as possible. As the spare has shrunk so has the offset. It used to be 19-21 on both sides. Now it is around 16-17 iirc.

Last edited:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
So Bkool pro's are banned from Bkool leagues :biggrin:

Crikey, if it wasn’t bad enough feeling disaffected due to inability to compete, now I’m being discriminated against due to the trainer I use...

...the times they are a changing..

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
I've always had a offset issue. With wide size 13's and a need to pedal around the spare tyre my power tends to be delivered on the outside of the pedal. My cleats are set to move the shoe as far in board as possible. As the spare has shrunk so has the offset. It used to be 19-21 on both sides. Now it is around 16-17 iirc.

I must be overweight on my right side only! :laugh:

Top Bottom