Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm dreading my next ride out in the rw. but on the plus side I have lost 3 kg (down to 74kg now) in the past 2 weeks due to stopping eating cakes and chocolate. And my smart new Chaingang shirt now fits like a glove :biggrin:
You're 11kg lighter than me, and you think your next rw ride is going to be painful :tongue: You wait until you see my fat sweating body trying to climb those Welsh hills :surrender:

I'm not losing weight (too many cakes and chocolate :hungry::mrpig:) but I think I'm showing nice power and stamina on Zwift on the Kickr (averaged 200 watts today over 1.5 hours). Just need to turn that into a very long day in the saddle next Sunday :heat:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I think I've destroyed my bottom bracket :cry:. I've been getting an intermittent creaking noise that I couldn't locate. Well today it got to the stage of going on for several minutes, then stopping for several minutes etc. etc. At the end of the ride I had a push you pull me with the pedals thinking that it may be them at fault but they seem OK, new on on Thursday. Whilst doing that I felt a clunk. it took a while, but the crankset has some movement in it that I'm not liking. I've got to remove the BB to find out which version it is of the 60 bazzillion types there are now. I not looking forward to doing the work. Wish me luck :eek:
BBs are easy peasy now, no more loading individual balls and then carefully inserting the spindle then getting the preload right before you tighten up the locking to find the pre load had gone. And don't start me off on cotter pins.
I was doing BBs when I was 10.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I got a Small, and it's still too big :cry: ... although I'm not sure an XS would have helped as it would have been too tight over the shoulders, and I would then have done my best Bruce Banner impression while wearing it ... Odd Sizings / shapes methinks
Try M&S fek knows what shape poeple they make clothes for but it's not cyclists.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
BBs are easy peasy now, no more loading individual balls and then carefully inserting the spindle then getting the preload right before you tighten up the locking to find the pre load had gone. And don't start me off on cotter pins.
Are you trying to say you were fiddling with your bottom bracket at age 10? As long as it was your own...

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Good ride for a first time back AAAC, but you did seem to get that 19 second lead in about 19 seconds so not sure how you did that. On a hill I think, which could explain it with my legs feeling like jelly.

I watched Quintana on Friday and he inspired me.
My plan from 1/3 in was to hit you on that hill.
I pulled 420 BKW from there to the end and was surprised to see you only a few seconds behind. Did you suck a ghost wheel?

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Are you trying to say you were fiddling with your bottom bracket at age 10? As long as it was your own...

All the lads in the estate used to use me for this sort of work!!?

BILL S

Guru
I watched Quintana on Friday and he inspired me.
My plan from 1/3 in was to hit you on that hill.
I pulled 420 BKW from there to the end and was surprised to see you only a few seconds behind. Did you suck a ghost wheel?
Aha! So that' it! I did wonder if I'd hit a dead stop without noticing it. But you're right, I then looked for the nearest ghost wheel to suck, which just happened to be my own.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Yeah as long as you have the right tools.:banghead:

I've got to get a M12 hex spline to remove the left crank. I've got the BB spanner. I don't know what the BB is other than a FSA MegaExo. I need to get it out so I can order a replacement.

Oh well off to Hellfrauds for tools and parts. :eek:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

I've got to get a M12 hex spline to remove the left crank. I've got the BB spanner. I don't know what the BB is other than a FSA MegaExo. I need to get it out so I can order a replacement.

Is the bike shop at the top of Annerly Hill not there anymore? Personally I used to go to Deen's in Beckenham, Chris in there was a good chap :okay:

CXRAndy

Guru
boxers, FSA presfit BB are crap. Replace it with the like of Hope, Praxis or wheels manufacturing BBs. These are threaded together BB to give a much more stable assy for the bearings

Daddy Pig

Veteran

Look up the frame on the Internet and the manufacturer should tell you...

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
4DE4132C-DA13-472B-8257-49FB17666DAB.jpeg

Went for a spin through the Trossachs this morning - midges were out..

Top Bottom