Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
View attachment 414716

Went for a spin through the Trossachs this morning - midges were out..

My god, you've got mammoth hairy arms and really funny looking wrists :tongue:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Look up the frame on the Internet and the manufacturer should tell you...
I did that and it says, very helpfully, standard BB :rofl: :banghead: :cry:.

Anyway I think I know what the problem is

15292401330012998827741246681631.jpg

:unsure::whistle:

Er yeah could be a problem

15292409418976177011539923916661.jpg

New chainset and BB to be ordered

Can't get the drive side cup off the spindle :banghead:. Self inflicted issues :banghead:

Last edited:

theboxers

The technical word you are looking for is 'shafted'...
Well and truely :dry:
Better off with a new bike :whistle:
I'm not saying I'm not tempted but I can't afford to be without a bike for the time it would take me to save for the one I'd want to buy. Currently looking seriously at one of the Mason bikes with electronic shifting. Just need a while to get the money together :cry:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Currently looking seriously at one of the Mason bikes with electronic shifting. Just need a while to get the money together :cry:
I'm in two minds now. I enjoyed riding a full carbon frameset in Mallorca, but there wasn't a massive difference in terms of comfort between that any my defy, especially relating to 'Road buzz' which is supposed to be the bete noir of an aluminum frame. I love the look of the Canyon Endurace CF SLX which is available with Sram E-Tap or Shimano Di2 (Dura Ace or Ultegra) ... but the Mason Definition with either e-Tap or DI2 Hydro is 1500 to 2 grand cheaper ... although the Bokeh Ti is stunning. ... lot of saving for me, this would have to be the last bike I ever buy so it needs to be 'right'

I'm in two minds now. I enjoyed riding a full carbon frameset in Mallorca, but there wasn't a massive difference in terms of comfort between that any my defy, especially relating to 'Road buzz' which is supposed to be the bete noir of an aluminum frame. I love the look of the Canyon Endurace CF SLX which is available with Sram E-Tap or Shimano Di2 (Dura Ace or Ultegra) ... but the Mason Definition with either e-Tap or DI2 Hydro is 1500 to 2 grand cheaper ... although the Bokeh Ti is stunning. ... lot of saving for me, this would have to be the last bike I ever buy so it needs to be 'right'
The whole comfort factor is what is most important for me. Riding a custom steel frame for 6 years was better than the Trek pilot it replaced but the carbon was even a step above. It probably has more to do with geometry but I'm thinking of just replacing it with this year's model. Components for my "level of dedication " are 105/rival and I loved the disc brakes.

Edit: it is still fun to look at what is out there. That Canyon does look cool.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

I really like aluminium bikes still. They don’t have the timeless feel of ti or steel. Or the bling factor of carbon. But you can get some brilliant aluminium bikes when you ignore all that marketing waffle. For me carbon bikes just have that noticeable extra stiffness. But I’m not sure if it actually makes any difference whatsoever!

Going up hill o a bike that weighs 7kg vs 9kg. I think that does make a noticeable difference.

theboxers

ideal opportunity to look at Shimano/sram chainsets
I'm just searching for the Ultegra 8000 52/36 and there is a BBR60 that should screw straight into my frame, will be checking with Sigma tomorrow :unsure:

I really like aluminium bikes still. They don’t have the timeless feel of ti or steel. Or the bling factor of carbon. But you can get some brilliant aluminium bikes when you ignore all that marketing waffle. For me carbon bikes just have that noticeable extra stiffness. But I’m not sure if it actually makes any difference whatsoever!

Going up hill o a bike that weighs 7kg vs 9kg. I think that does make a noticeable difference.
It will indeed

Titanium is lovely, so is steel. I would of bought a mason apart from hanger is solid part of frame
I'd love a full on Carbon bike but there's a small problem :unsure:, well not so small really :whistle:, well it's a mammoth problem really :blush:.

I'm just too heavy for most of the bikes out there that quote weight capacities (I'm fairly certain that most manufacturers work to the same limit more or less). 90-110kg seems to be the upper limit :cursing:. I'm looking at the Mason bikes due to the ability to tune the wheelsets for weight. Also I'm more inclined to trust a metal frame for resilience. Once the spare has shrunk a lot I'll be looking at another bike/frame possibly carbon.

Anyway I'll have to sort out putting the BMC AC02 on the kickr tomorrow.

Top Bottom