Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
@Aleman rode your videoed 62 miler today. Cracking video mate, and a lovely ride. It was my last big ride before DD, just a few easy spins now. But yeah, cheers for posting it in Bsim, it’s a good un.
Glad you enjoyed it, you set a pretty good time too :okay:

I have a few rides to convert to video, but because of the way Bkools video uploader compresses the files, and the requirements for the files. I don't think I'll actually bother to do rides like this any more, but will split them into three or more parts. :sad: I have cracking video from Mallorca including the 100 miler from Andraxt to Puerto Pollenca, but it's just wasted in Bkool ... BRVR is a completely different matter, I have ridden the descent from Coll del Reis to Port de Sa Calobra three times this week, and it's brilliant, when I've caught up with the Goats league, I'm having a go at Sa Calobra clime from the Viaduct down to Sa Calobra and back up finishing at the garage at the top of the Col de sa battalla ... 34Km and 1000m of ascent.

mystery.profile.png

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@Aleman rode your videoed 62 miler today. Cracking video mate, and a lovely ride. It was my last big ride before DD, just a few easy spins now. But yeah, cheers for posting it in Bsim, it’s a good un.
I saw you'd done that long ride :okay: Cracking time Adam, if I can get your wheel i'll be holding it for all it's worth :biggrin: .... until the first hill anyway :surrender:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Glad you enjoyed it, you set a pretty good time too :okay:

I have a few rides to convert to video, but because of the way Bkools video uploader compresses the files, and the requirements for the files. I don't think I'll actually bother to do rides like this any more, but will split them into three or more parts. :sad: I have cracking video from Mallorca including the 100 miler from Andraxt to Puerto Pollenca, but it's just wasted in Bkool ... BRVR is a completely different matter, I have ridden the descent from Coll del Reis to Port de Sa Calobra three times this week, and it's brilliant, when I've caught up with the Goats league, I'm having a go at Sa Calobra clime from the Viaduct down to Sa Calobra and back up finishing at the garage at the top of the Col de sa battalla ... 34Km and 1000m of ascent.

View attachment 414862
Any chance of a copy of the video and gps file?

Aleman

Any chance of a copy of the video and gps file?
Sure No Problem ... The Video is 6GB in size and the GPX file is quite small, I'm Zipping it now (which could take some time) and I'll shove it somewhere on the Web.

Uploading Now ... Glad I'm at work and can make proper use of our 10Gb/s connection :biggrin:

It's now available on the web. I just want @theboxers to confirm that he can download it and that it works, then if any other BRVR user wants it, PM me for the link.

Last edited:

Aleman

And I’ve now accumulated, from friends and family, just over £800 in Evans Cycles vouchers, via Tesco club card points. Bloody good idea Bridgy. My new Tacx is going to cost me a little over £300.
I think I'm going to wait until my next Clubcard statement to top up the vouchers a bit more and then also go for a Tacx Neo....
It's almost enough to make me go and shop at Tesco ... Hang on a minute ?? .... No it isn't!!

I wonder if I can beg vouchers from friends and family :rofl:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Sure No Problem ... The Video is 6GB in size and the GPX file is quite small, I'm Zipping it now (which could take some time) and I'll shove it somewhere on the Web.

ZIP'ing a movie file is a waste of time IMHO. The reduction in filesize in minimal, compared to the time used.

Aleman

ZIP'ing a movie file is a waste of time IMHO. The reduction in filesize in minimal, compared to the time used.
Agreed, it's just a convenient way of keeping it together with the GPX file, and making it 'Downloadable' easily. otherwise it starts playing from the web ... which reminds me I need to disassociate some files from my browser.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw

Uploading Now ... Glad I'm at work and can make proper use of our 10Gb/s connection :biggrin:

It's now available on the web. I just want @theboxers to confirm that he can download it and that it works, then if any other BRVR user wants it, PM me for the link.
I'm pulling down as fast as I can at home 7+mbs. Trying to sort the bmc onto the kickr

Edit

File Dl'd and now unzipping :unsure:

Edit 2

Video looks very good. That bloody coach and porsche slowing you down must have been frustrating :laugh: Almost like transfering the files to a usb drive :banghead:

Last edited:

Aleman

That bloody coach and porsche slowing you down must have been frustrating :laugh:
Especially as I had already passed it once on the 270 degree bend :gun: Although the funny bit is right at the end of the descent just after the porsche pulls off and some idiot on a cyclist tries to get between the coach and the wall :ph34r:
How about that classic car?
Not all that much of a classic unfortunately, modern one :sad:

The video and GPX file can be downloaded from here

Top Bottom