Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
As you say Sram and FSA 'Support' it, but Sram in particular quote 'Pro Riders' are doing it (Big Big) ... Pro riders get a new chain every day ;) I suspect that is going to make a difference, so far in 3 Years / 12,000 miles I've worn one chain, broken none, and worn a cassette and had two shitty gear changes under load, so I think if you are replacing components as and when they wear ( :shy: ) then cross chaining isn't an issue. ... It was a frickin' issue on my Mallorcan hire bike though causing multiple dropped chains daily!!!! :evil::evil::evil: Simply down to not testing the limits when the drive train was under load, it was fine in the stand. ... couldn't make Pedro understand the issue though :thumbsdown:

Breedon

Legendary Member
I'm considering a new bike, after all the one I have needs a new tyre and it's much more cost effective to replace the complete bike, than mess about with componentry :biggrin:

The two I'm considering are the Canyon Endurace CF SLX DISC 9.0 or the Mason Definition 2.0. the question is groupset. I really would love to go electronic, and I know that the two options (Two AFFORDABLE options, I'm not quite ready to sell my soul for Campag!!), are bot funtional and work brilliantly. I have been a Shimano fan from the late 80s, but keep looking at the competition. I love the syncro shift feature of DI2 that prevents crossed chains, can anyone tell me if SRAM have implemented it in Red eTap? If not I guess it'll just be a matter of time until there is a software upgrade to allow it.
Etap end of.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Yorkshire man takes his cat to the vet.
Yorkshireman: "Ayup, lad, I need to talk to thee about me cat."
Vet: "Is it a tom?"
Yorkshireman: "Nay, I've browt it wi me."
Took a while :rolleyes: :blush:

Top Bottom