Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Especially as I had already passed it once on the 270 degree bend :gun: Although the funny bit is right at the end of the descent just after the porsche pulls off and some idiot on a cyclist tries to get between the coach and the wall :ph34r:

Not all that much of a classic unfortunately, modern one :sad:

The video and GPX file can be downloaded from here
We live in one of the worst places in Denmark when it comes to internet speed. 6 hours remaining...think I'll cancel it and download it to my phone.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
We live in one of the worst places in Denmark when it comes to internet speed. 6 hours remaining...think I'll cancel it and download it to my phone.

It would take me around 9-10 minutes, provided that the server can deliver that fast. :tongue: Time to move to Jutland Lars, land of the free and fast fibre optics. :smile:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Well that worked well. I did the best bit for me, wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :bicycle:. Yeah that guy did chance his bike trying to get past the coach :eek:.

I then did about 2k, 1 either side of the second spike. I'm not sure if it is because of the gearing I've now got but those grades now seem a little tuffer :bicycle::boxing::surrender:.
I'll not attempt that in one lump for a while, but the quality seems to be good on the sections I chose. Sectioning the ride works well too. :thumbsup:

Forgot to add thanks to @Aleman :notworthy:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
It would be quicker for you to send me a USB stick in the post and I'll return it to you :rofl:
I then did about 2k, 1 either side of the second spike. I'm not sure if it is because of the gearing I've now got but those grades now seem a little tuffer :bicycle::boxing::surrender:.
That's the toughest part of Sa Calobra it averages 6.7% for 9.6Km, but that last 500m from the 270 sweeper up to the summit of the Col del Reis is about 12% ... what you don't want to happen is you hit that steep bit, change into your get out of jail gear, and ship the chain! Everybody watches you as you hit the deck and kick your bike into the gutter to unclip! :blush:

I'm going to work on the bit from Pollensa to the viaduct next which goes up the Col de Femenia, before completing the ride with Sa Batella down to Caimari and back to Pollensa

kipster

Guru
It would be quicker for you to send me a USB stick in the post and I'll return it to you :rofl:

That's the toughest part of Sa Calobra it averages 6.7% for 9.6Km, but that last 500m from the 270 sweeper up to the summit of the Col del Reis is about 12% ... what you don't want to happen is you hit that steep bit, change into your get out of jail gear, and ship the chain! Everybody watches you as you hit the deck and kick your bike into the gutter to unclip! :blush:

I'm going to work on the bit from Pollensa to the viaduct next which goes up the Col de Femenia, before completing the ride with Sa Batella down to Caimari and back to Pollensa
Hitting a brutal headwind for that last 500m was horrible, but not as bad as hitting the deck.

kipster

Guru
How about that classic car?

I've got one of these, but it doesn't work at the mo. I must spend less time on the bike and more time trying to fix the car.

image.jpeg

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
For want of finding the right place for this, I'm going to put this here. If the mods feel it is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.

Love or Loath him Lance Armstrong is a character. I have seen many interviews with him and people near him or who used to be near him. They've always seemed a little, erm, forced, rehearsed, questions pre-disclosed, scripted.

This is the first interview I have ever seen, with him and again anyone near him, where I actually feel what is being discussed, and said, is as close to full disclosure as we're every really going to get. It's a long, nearly 2hr, interview with Joe Rogan. an American comedian. It is compelling, at least to me, and well worth the minimal effort to watch it. The time flew by.

There is a section of an interview with a guy named Peter Attia who discusses PED's and natural predisposition to perform above and beyond what most people can do. Here is that section of his interview.

I've seen several other people Joe Rogan has interviewed that I'll be watching. I hope you enjoy(?) them.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
For want of finding the right place for this, I'm going to put this here. If the mods feel it is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.

Love or Loath him Lance Armstrong is a character. I have seen many interviews with him and people near him or who used to be near him. They've always seemed a little, erm, forced, rehearsed, questions pre-disclosed, scripted.

This is the first interview I have ever seen, with him and again anyone near him, where I actually feel what is being discussed, and said, is as close to full disclosure as we're every really going to get. It's a long, nearly 2hr, interview with Joe Rogan. an American comedian. It is compelling, at least to me, and well worth the minimal effort to watch it. The time flew by.

There is a section of an interview with a guy named Peter Attia who discusses PED's and natural predisposition to perform above and beyond what most people can do. Here is that section of his interview.

I've seen several other people Joe Rogan has interviewed that I'll be watching. I hope you enjoy(?) them.

Thanks for this TB. I have a friend whose always saying how much he enjoys the joe rogan podcast so I’ll definitely give it a listen.

bridgy

Legendary Member

Thanks @theboxers I listen to a lot of podcasts - I'll add this to the list and maybe have a listen on the way to the DD on Sunday morning!

Aleman

I'm considering a new bike, after all the one I have needs a new tyre and it's much more cost effective to replace the complete bike, than mess about with componentry :biggrin:

The two I'm considering are the Canyon Endurace CF SLX DISC 9.0 or the Mason Definition 2.0. the question is groupset. I really would love to go electronic, and I know that the two options (Two AFFORDABLE options, I'm not quite ready to sell my soul for Campag!!), are bot funtional and work brilliantly. I have been a Shimano fan from the late 80s, but keep looking at the competition. I love the syncro shift feature of DI2 that prevents crossed chains, can anyone tell me if SRAM have implemented it in Red eTap? If not I guess it'll just be a matter of time until there is a software upgrade to allow it.

peterob

Veteran
I'm considering a new bike, after all the one I have needs a new tyre and it's much more cost effective to replace the complete bike, than mess about with componentry :biggrin:

The two I'm considering are the Canyon Endurace CF SLX DISC 9.0 or the Mason Definition 2.0. the question is groupset. I really would love to go electronic, and I know that the two options (Two AFFORDABLE options, I'm not quite ready to sell my soul for Campag!!), are bot funtional and work brilliantly. I have been a Shimano fan from the late 80s, but keep looking at the competition. I love the syncro shift feature of DI2 that prevents crossed chains, can anyone tell me if SRAM have implemented it in Red eTap? If not I guess it'll just be a matter of time until there is a software upgrade to allow it.

AFAIK eTap doesn't support synchro shift - it certainly didn't at the end of last year when i was looking. I think that the way it works at the moment means that the Front doesn't know/care what the rear is doing.

I've been running full synchro-shift on my Di2 for the last couple of months and like it. I only put it into that mode to give me some reassurance that I wouldn't be cross-chaining after fitting a 32T cassette on a short cage derailleur, but have stuck with it now even after reverting to a 28T.

<Tommy>

The thing about syncro shift for me is. Do you find yourself cross chaining a lot? For me I don’t so it wouldn’t be the deciding factor in which way to go.

You won’t go wrong with either etap or di2 though to be fair.

Aleman

The thing about syncro shift for me is. Do you find yourself cross chaining a lot? For me I don’t so it wouldn’t be the deciding factor in which way to go.

You won’t go wrong with either etap or di2 though to be fair.
Yeah, I cross chain a lot, I really must stop grinding up 8-10% hills in the big ring at 70RPM :shy:

I probably wouldn't do it as much if I could remember what gear I was in ... so again either option connected to the Edge shows the gear in use, meaning I would be aware of when I'm about to cross chain.

The Di2 version of both bikes is the cheaper option ... so more room for Vector 3 Pedals then :biggrin:

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Yeah, I cross chain a lot, I really must stop grinding up 8-10% hills in the big ring at 70RPM :shy:

I probably wouldn't do it as much if I could remember what gear I was in ... so again either option connected to the Edge shows the gear in use, meaning I would be aware of when I'm about to cross chain.

The Di2 version of both bikes is the cheaper option ... so more room for Vector 3 Pedals then :biggrin:

Sounds like shimano it is then :smile:

CXRAndy

Guru
synchro shift is great, I have set mine up so it drops into the little chainring on gear 2 on the Cass. Then it auto drops 3 gears down the Cass to the next easier ratio to continue the cadence. Similar setup when going into bigger/harder gears. It stops all the cross chain concerns

Top Bottom