Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
I'm just searching for the Ultegra 8000 52/36 and there is a BBR60 that should screw straight into my frame, will be checking with Sigma tomorrow :unsure:

I'd love a full on Carbon bike but there's a small problem :unsure:, well not so small really :whistle:, well it's a mammoth problem really :blush:.

I'm just too heavy for most of the bikes out there that quote weight capacities (I'm fairly certain that most manufacturers work to the same limit more or less). 90-110kg seems to be the upper limit :cursing:. I'm looking at the Mason bikes due to the ability to tune the wheelsets for weight. Also I'm more inclined to trust a metal frame for resilience. Once the spare has shrunk a lot I'll be looking at another bike/frame possibly carbon.

Anyway I'll have to sort out putting the BMC AC02 on the kickr tomorrow.
Tbf though it's about not hitting potholes when you are that bit heavier. Anyway, I'm sure like me there is plenty of in built suspension to absorb the hits...

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm just searching for the Ultegra 8000 52/36 and there is a BBR60 that should screw straight into my frame, will be checking with Sigma tomorrow :unsure:

I'd love a full on Carbon bike but there's a small problem :unsure:, well not so small really :whistle:, well it's a mammoth problem really :blush:.

I'm just too heavy for most of the bikes out there that quote weight capacities (I'm fairly certain that most manufacturers work to the same limit more or less). 90-110kg seems to be the upper limit :cursing:. I'm looking at the Mason bikes due to the ability to tune the wheelsets for weight. Also I'm more inclined to trust a metal frame for resilience. Once the spare has shrunk a lot I'll be looking at another bike/frame possibly carbon.

Anyway I'll have to sort out putting the BMC AC02 on the kickr tomorrow.
Come and join us at the ToC next year - give yourself a target to aim at for both fitness and weight. As it's flat you won't have the same challenges either that the DD would pose. Be great to get as many CCers out there next year and turn it into a real world chain gang race :bicycle::bicycle:

Whorty

Been thinking about Bkool leagues and how we could, if we wanted to, have leagues that BKool and non-Bkool trainers can both join. There is a facility that we don't currently use that allows users to be grouped into 1 of 4 'divisions' - we could, if enough off us were interested, to group all BKool trainers into one group and all non-Bkool trainer users into another group. So, whilst I as a non-Pro rider couldn't compete in an overall league, I could be on equal terms within my division. Only worth doing though if enough people were interested but could be a solution - and wouldn't require the separation of leagues for Pro and non-Pro, or for Pro users to go out there and get new trainers to allow me and others to be competitive :tongue:

Or, there is the option to all race on Zwift where trainers are more equal (and tbh I'd love to see more of my team mates in a large Zwift race, but that's the Bob in me trying to get people to convert :whistle: )

Whorty

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Been thinking about Bkool leagues and how we could, if we wanted to, have leagues that BKool and non-Bkool trainers can both join. There is a facility that we don't currently use that allows users to be grouped into 1 of 4 'divisions' - we could, if enough off us were interested, to group all BKool trainers into one group and all non-Bkool trainer users into another group. So, whilst I as a non-Pro rider couldn't compete in an overall league, I could be on equal terms within my division. Only worth doing though if enough people were interested but could be a solution - and wouldn't require the separation of leagues for Pro and non-Pro, or for Pro users to go out there and get new trainers to allow me and others to be competitive :tongue:

Or, there is the option to all race on Zwift where trainers are more equal (and tbh I'd love to see more of my team mates in a large Zwift race, but that's the Bob in me trying to get people to convert :whistle: )
i would be up for that if enough in it
:thumbsup:

Daddy Pig

Veteran

How do those divisions work? I noticed I moved from 4 to 3 recently...

Or, there is the option to all race on Zwift where trainers are more equal (and tbh I'd love to see more of my team mates in a large Zwift race, but that's the Bob in me trying to get people
I like it.

Whorty

How do those divisions work? I noticed I moved from 4 to 3 recently...
No idea - i thought you could move people between divisions in a league and they stayed there. Seems we'll have to try it out and see how it works. I was thinking add all Pro users into Div 1 and all non Bkool into Div 2

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Yeah as long as you have the right tools.:banghead:

I've got to get a M12 hex spline to remove the left crank. I've got the BB spanner. I don't know what the BB is other than a FSA MegaExo. I need to get it out so I can order a replacement.

Oh well off to Hellfrauds for tools and parts. :eek:
You don't have an M12 bi-hex!
You don't fix cars then, common size for cylinder head bolts. I take it the BB tool you need is a box special socket/ring spanner/c spanner.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I did that and it says, very helpfully, standard BB :rofl: :banghead: :cry:.

Anyway I think I know what the problem is

View attachment 414730

:unsure::whistle:

Er yeah could be a problem

View attachment 414731

New chainset and BB to be ordered

Can't get the drive side cup off the spindle :banghead:. Self inflicted issues :banghead:
I did that and it says, very helpfully, standard BB :rofl: :banghead: :cry:.

Anyway I think I know what the problem is

View attachment 414730

:unsure::whistle:

Er yeah could be a problem

View attachment 414731

New chainset and BB to be ordered

Can't get the drive side cup off the spindle :banghead:. Self inflicted issues :banghead:

The joy of integrated spindles!

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
You don't have an M12 bi-hex!
You don't fix cars then, common size for cylinder head bolts. I take it the BB tool you need is a box special socket/ring spanner/c spanner.
All done and disassembled. Turns out the extra splines were actually the rust build up :blush: (note to self must use the reading glasses for close work and identifying parts). I had the right hex already but the rust prevented its insertion :rofl:.

Of to the local-ish Sigma tomorrow to pick up the crank and BB. Just as well I'll be in the area otherwise it's a 3-4 day wait for the post.

I don't do much to cars as I don't know much :wacko:

Top Bottom