Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
We have can not wait until tomorrow and tomorrow I can have them to come join me tomorrow if so can

That’s the most sense you’ve made all day! ^_^

Either that or dr suess has hacked your phone...

Hi guy's, been running more the last couple of years but will be coming back to the virtual world.
I still have the Classic trainer but even after reading your convo's don't know whether to use Bkool Beta or the old Bkool indoor. I tried a ride on Zwift with the Classic trainer but it only worked with Watts, from my weight on the turbo I suppose? Went up and down a hill but it didn't seem as good as everyone raves about (maybe I choose the wrong course). https://www.strava.com/activities/1737601810 I don't know how accurate the numbers are using the Bkool Classic with Zwift but would appreciate any feed back on my post...plus Bkool is a lot cheaper a month than Zwift and can't afford both...cheers guys.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
@CXRAndy i mentioned ultra sonic cleaners a few pages back but I don’t think you saw it. I’ve since bought one but I’m not overly impressed with it. I’m thinking I may of scrimped a little... or maybe I’m doing something wrong. Do you use water in your’s or one of the cleaning solutions I’m seeing advertised?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Hi guy's, been running more the last couple of years but will be coming back to the virtual world.
I still have the Classic trainer but even after reading your convo's don't know whether to use Bkool Beta or the old Bkool indoor. I tried a ride on Zwift with the Classic trainer but it only worked with Watts, from my weight on the turbo I suppose? Went up and down a hill but it didn't seem as good as everyone raves about (maybe I choose the wrong course). https://www.strava.com/activities/1737601810 I don't know how accurate the numbers are using the Bkool Classic with Zwift but would appreciate any feed back on my post...plus Bkool is a lot cheaper a month than Zwift and can't afford both...cheers guys.

Not an easy question to answer, as it depends...

Bkool has a great variety of routes, videos and bugs. Simple to setup a race against yourself and others (using ghosts or real humans) and even password protect them to keep them private.

Zwift has a only a few routes/worlds (which you can ride both ways however), no videos and few bugs. Difficult to setup races, I think, and not possible to make them private.

With a Bkool trainer, and if you have no power meter, racing in Zwift will be somewhat akward and you will be DQ`ed in many races on ZwiftPower.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Good. The rain is supposed to stop this afternoon so I'll try a real world ride.
whats rain :scratch::sun::sweat: still cooking here - want to go in the shed but would just roast
caught 24hr bug and found an easy way to shed a few kg so i am not going on turbo till over the 10st mark again
good luck irw - and a handy tip - next time you see bear poo - don't stop to take a picture - pedal like the wind in opposite direction !:eek:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Zwift worlds in November

Some of you may know there is a teams based event organised every year, split into cat a, b etc. We have had confirmation of this years event which will probably be run on the worlds Insbruck course. I am riding with zsun like last year. Any teams can register though I am not sure how. I can find out if you guys want to put some cyclechat teams together. It will involve registering as a team ala zsun.There’s no rush but given how much you enjoyed the bkool nations cup and the fact many of you now ride on Zwift it seems an opportunity too good to miss.
If anyone wants to race as part of zsunr I can put you forward but the expectation is you would have done some zsun club rides though that may not be fatal! They are puting about 12 teams together across the various categories.
how does this work then Bob ? - are there enough of us on cc to join in

bobinski

Legendary Member
how does this work then Bob ? - are there enough of us on cc to join in

Waiting for rules etc to become public.
Normally at least one team of 6 in each cat. So, say you, Tommy, dean , Martin, Kip and bridgy providing a nice spread in cat B, -3.2 -4w.
That said the expectation is that you race in the category you normally race in Zwift and that will show in zwiftpower and that may mean bridgy has to race cat A

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Waiting for rules etc to become public.
Normally at least one team of 6 in each cat. So, say you, Tommy, dean , Martin, Kip and bridgy providing a nice spread in cat B, -3.2 -4w.
That said the expectation is that you race in the category you normally race in Zwift and that will show in zwiftpower and that may mean bridgy has to race cat A
cheers - are you in b ?

CXRAndy

Guru
@CXRAndy i mentioned ultra sonic cleaners a few pages back but I don’t think you saw it. I’ve since bought one but I’m not overly impressed with it. I’m thinking I may of scrimped a little... or maybe I’m doing something wrong. Do you use water in your’s or one of the cleaning solutions I’m seeing advertised?

If you need to degrease something, I use 'Gunk' inside a washing tablet container. water is in the ultrasonic bath. The waves pass through the container, so much so that the fluid warms up with agitation. You can buy all sorts of chemical s to clean various materials. I bought one such which degrease and cleans aluminium without eating into the surface of the aluminium. I use it on a set of carburetors, they came up nearly like new being 30years old.

If you need to degrease something, I use 'Gunk' inside a washing tablet container. water is in the ultrasonic bath. The waves pass through the container, so much so that the fluid warms up with agitation. You can buy all sorts of chemical s to clean various materials. I bought one such which degrease and cleans aluminium without eating into the surface of the aluminium. I use it on a set of carburetors, they came up nearly like new being 30years old.
It's nice not being the only cycle chatter awake after all the Europeans are asleep. There are some people who put in "Joy" dishwashing detergent. We use aluminium foil to test them. If you put a piece of foil in and it's working it will go from dimpled to tiny holes.
Another day of adventure in Australia for you?

Top Bottom