Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
It's nice not being the only cycle chatter awake after all the Europeans are asleep. There are some people who put in "Joy" dishwashing detergent. We use aluminium foil to test them. If you put a piece of foil in and it's working it will go from dimpled to tiny holes.
Another day of adventure in Australia for you?

Sunday afternoon here in eastern Australia. We are currently on a small cruise boat(25 occupants) traveling along the barrier reef, visiting small islands and just enjoying the amazing tropical weather. We trekked up Hitchinbrook Island to a viewing area on waterfall section. we had to wade through the surf to get onto the island (not so clever as there are some crocs around this island) great views from the top. Onto Adelaide tomorrow
20180805_094858.jpg

Sunday afternoon here in eastern Australia. We are currently on a small cruise boat(25 occupants) traveling along the barrier reef, visiting small islands and just enjoying the amazing tropical weather. We trekked up Hitchinbrook Island to a viewing area on waterfall section. we had to wade through the surf to get onto the island (not so clever as there are some crocs around this island) great views from the top. Onto Adelaide tomorrow
View attachment 422679
Wow. Beautiful. It IS an adventure. Just knowing there are “salties” ( I learned that term on a nature special) nearby would make the wading a little quicker.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
If you need to degrease something, I use 'Gunk' inside a washing tablet container. water is in the ultrasonic bath. The waves pass through the container, so much so that the fluid warms up with agitation. You can buy all sorts of chemical s to clean various materials. I bought one such which degrease and cleans aluminium without eating into the surface of the aluminium. I use it on a set of carburetors, they came up nearly like new being 30years old.

It's nice not being the only cycle chatter awake after all the Europeans are asleep. There are some people who put in "Joy" dishwashing detergent. We use aluminium foil to test them. If you put a piece of foil in and it's working it will go from dimpled to tiny holes.
Another day of adventure in Australia for you?

Thanks guys. Trial and error I guess. I can see it becoming quite addictive, I’m already looking around for what else I can throw in. Lucky for the cats their just a bit too big to fit inside the compartment.

CXRAndy

Guru
Excellent time there Tommy for Ditchling

<Tommy>

Excellent time there Tommy for Ditchling

Thanks Andy. I couldn’t tell how well I’d gone at the time but I was pleased when I saw the time last night. I pushed as hard as I could I think.
I think I’m in the shape of my life right now to be honest. But it’s taken a trip to the Pyrenees, 10+ hours on the bike every week, and really watching what I eat (I’m down to 78kg). So I think I’ll have I’ll have to enjoy it while it lasts because I don’t think any of those things are sustainable long term while also keeping everyone else around me happy.

Andy do you (or anyone else) use live segments on the element /element bolt?

Ps keep the pictures of Australia coming!

Last edited:

<Tommy>

You need to have Strava premium--which has now just changed if you don't have premium currently. From your phone you need to setup live Strava and have it connected to the Elemnt whilst riding

5.30am watching the Sunrise over the reef View attachment 422907

Have you tried it? I’m going to give it a go but just wondering if it worked ok. I read the way strava and the bolt measure segments is different.

Top Bottom