Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
On the one segment I do it pops up with my time on my element and my own PR but not the strava rank. One of few advantages of a very limited road system is I know the KOM time.

Thanks Randy. What I’d like to use it for is hill repeats. Ideally it just pops up with my current time and maybe previous best but I know that anyway. I’d prefer it didn’t show the overall KOM. Too depressing! I think it’s about twice as fast as I can do it.

Thanks Randy. What I’d like to use it for is hill repeats. Ideally it just pops up with my current time and maybe previous best but I know that anyway. I’d prefer it didn’t show the overall KOM. Too depressing! I think it’s about twice as fast as I can do it.
I just looked and when I synced it showed the KO M IMG_20180806_061315.jpg

After googling it looks like you choose either a goal, KOM or PR. The KOM on the segment I'm going for is someone not on a bike. it looks like a cruiseship passenger on a 4x4. I've posted a message asking him to change it. With a big south wind on Saturday I came within 19 seconds of the real KOM. And that's out of 54 riders. I bet you don't have that many in your segment.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
After googling it looks like you choose either a goal, KOM or PR. The KOM on the segment I'm going for is someone not on a bike. it looks like a cruiseship passenger on a 4x4. I've posted a message asking him to change it. With a big south wind on Saturday I came within 19 seconds of the real KOM. And that's out of 54 riders. I bet you don't have that many in your segment.

Cheers Randy. Does it pop up on the screen at the end of the segment? I’m guessing it does.

I think you can contact strava to challenge a kom but I don’t know how the process works.

The popular segments in the uk are just crazy. The hill I was trying to beat my pb on yesterday has around 50,000 participants so it has a habit of keeping me quite grounded. It turns out I’m the fastest person to do it from my house though so all good.

rob01792

Über Member
tommy I've got a few segments set up stared it shows up on the segment or I should say just before then as ur doing it it will show u if down or ahead by x amount of seconds which I really like
then once completed the segment it will stay up for a few second for u to see and once its gone off u can scroll the pages on the bolt to show all the segments you've done on ur current ride
I have if set up for my PR

Cheers Randy. Does it pop up on the screen at the end of the segment? I’m guessing it does.

I think you can contact strava to challenge a kom but I don’t know how the process works.

The popular segments in the uk are just crazy. The hill I was trying to beat my pb on yesterday has around 50,000 participants so it has a habit of keeping me quite grounded. It turns out I’m the fastest person to do it from my house though so all good.
Yes. It Tells you the segment is coming up, then an alert just before the end - in my case with .7 mile to go (1k?) and the time at the end.
You're holding the KOM at your address until your kid is a little older. Look at Kipster.

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
You can flag it ! Then someone in hq has a look and either deletes or leaves alone

tommy I've got a few segments set up stared it shows up on the segment or I should say just before then as ur doing it it will show u if down or ahead by x amount of seconds which I really like
then once completed the segment it will stay up for a few second for u to see and once its gone off u can scroll the pages on the bolt to show all the segments you've done on ur current ride
I have if set up for my PR
You beat me by 36 seconds on that post. That gives you the KOP - king of post

Breedon

Legendary Member
I've had the live segments but I don't bother with them anymore, I found it never really shows the starred segments but only one or two of them and I have about 10 starred.
I'm not going to using them again I don't think

Del C

Veteran
Greetings from the Alps!

Sunday ride up the Col de Forclaz. 34C in the valley and 28C at the summit. It's 11% for the first 2k said Martin, missing out the handy information that the last 7k were pretty much the same! Great views over Lake Annecy!

IMG_8525.JPG

Today's ride was to the summit of the Semnoz from Annecy after visiting the bike shop to check out a Di2 problem. 18k up to the summit where we had lunch in 32C!! But at least I looked like a pirate at the summit, so all is ok!!

IMG_8542.JPG

Del C

Veteran
Del, looks fantastic mate:thumbsup:
Very nice area. Can fully recommend it.

There's a cycle path that goes around 2/3 of Lake Annecy, a lot of which is an old railway line.

Then there's a lot of climbs used in the Tour to different degrees. Apart from the Forclaz and Semnoz, there's the Col du Chat where Richie Porte crashed last year and the Madeleine is doable, but it's a longish ride from here and in this heat it's probably too much. Weather may cool down on Friday, so we're looking at it as a possible last day ride.

Then there's Lake Annecy itself. If you want a rest day, there's boats and pedals to hire.

Well worth considering if you guys are looking at future options.

Top Bottom