Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Too much money in the pocket and shoddy hearing.

Seriously. The pitch of my V3 Kickr just grated on me and it's not faulty as every video I've seen of the kickr has the same sound. I had to do something to remedy the annoyance, a Neo was going to be the next purchase shortly until I saw DCR's review video and how quiet the V4 was. I took the plunge due to the climb compatibility.

I get that. The noise of the Bkool and the wattbike didn’t bother me as I always have music in the headphone. But it was an issue for the missus. I guess silent turbos set the standard from now on by the looks of it so that’s good. How are you going to sell the v3? One tip I have is to join wahoo Facebook group and try and flog it there. I got rid of my atom on the wattbike equivalent.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I get that. The noise of the Bkool and the wattbike didn’t bother me as I always have music in the headphone. But it was an issue for the missus. I guess silent turbos set the standard from now on by the looks of it so that’s good. How are you going to sell the v3? One tip I have is to join wahoo Facebook group and try and flog it there. I got rid of my atom on the wattbike equivalent.
Brother 3 will be getting it in prep for ToC. He's in for a shock. It's nice to have back up kit though, I can take it back if I need to.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
wish i had a brother like you - all i got was hand me down tank tops :sad:
I may be overcompensating for past deprivations then :sad:

Anything I 'give' my brothers is a loaner. They can't sell it or give it to someone else without asking me first. I know at least one of them has 'disposed' of loaned kit without asking :cursing:

It won't be like this after the 3rd of Sept. I'll be on savings/redundancy until I work out what I want or need to do for more money, Soho is not an option,:unsure: (NTTAWWT).

Apart from a bike I will be getting at some point (have been saving a while for it), the Kickr V4 is the last big purchase I'll make for the foreseeable future. I need to clamp down on spending and get the priorities right. Even the weekly take out is seriously in question :cry:

Edit to add I need to learn to cook as well :mrpig:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Count yourself lucky you had a brother. All my hand me down clothes came from an older sister. It’s a miracle I’ve turned out so normal, or so all the women in my embroidery group tell me...

I had three Sisters, now look at me.

962c5c344647a95ad222c49a58456df3.jpg

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I’m 99% sure I’m getting the neo bike. I’m hoping it turns out as good as it looks on paper. It definitely looks much better thought out than the wattbike atom.

I’m not too sure how they can improve turbos at this point. I guess any improvements will be very marginal improvements in general feel. So barring mechanical failure if you buy a decent turbo of the current generation you should get a good few years out of it. The neo bike has features to imitate terrain feel which sounds clever. Dunno if it’ll make any difference in the grand scheme of things... I’ve been a bit cyclical about the wahoo climbing thing. Thought it was a little gimmicky to be honest. But if it can replicate a climbing position on the bike I can see it does have its benefits.

ATGNI Turbo;

bobinski

Legendary Member
I had three Sisters, now look at me.

View attachment 423881

You need to join Tommy’s embroidery group- that tops a bit short.

What we are heading toward is real virtual indoor racing where you will need to brake, stear and crashl
And then it will be regulated under UCI Rules and we will all get banned!
The first VR trainer I had in 1999, Ultracoach VR had both steering and crashes.

Edit: No morning race for me today. We have company and are going out to catch some halibut.

BILL S

Guru
Anyone doing the re-run tonight? I'm thinking I probably won't so anyone feel free to start the session at 5pm. I might join in if I can get motivated.

Top Bottom