Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Do you think hes lost??

DkErSADXcAIZ3YQ.jpg

LBHIFI

Veteran
He will be racing in Skive tomorrow night, together with the rest of the ColoQuick team. Hopefully he has shaved off that stupid beard, he grew during the summer. Having such a beard at that age looks silly IMHO.:smile: At least Quaade removed his big beard before the TT in the PostNord Danmark Rundt. :okay:
That beard was so big it would have cost him time in the TT ^_^

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
This is something I very rarely do when looking at this type of bike (the one on the right), xx(.

What have they done? It looks a mess, IMO. The Orbea, Cube, Wilier, Pinarello, Bianchi etc, that I posted up, at least look like bikes I'd want to own. This will be well specified, probably ride like a dream and be super expensive, even in this realm. But owning it :headshake:.

theboxers

The Neo has some competiton

Yes the new kickr V4 is almost totally silent, I now have one (don't ask :blush:). I'm now hearing all sorts of sounds from the bike that I couldn't hear before. However, with a fan on most of the strange sounds are drowned out.

CXRAndy

Guru
Mine being V1 Kickr and supposedly the loudest, which I can't really say is loud, however, later versions have improved and ironed out the minor design errors. That is what I like about Wahoo a proactive listening company . Both the Neo and Kickr are excellent turbos that should be considered by any would be purchaser

theboxers

Mine being V1 Kickr and supposedly the loudest, which I can't really say is loud, however, later versions have improved and ironed out the minor design errors. That is what I like about Wahoo a proactive listening company . Both the Neo and Kickr are excellent turbos that should be considered by any would be purchaser
My V3 wasn't loud it was just at a pitch that really bloody annoyed me :cursing:. It even went over the noise of the fans I have and sounded like an air raid siren stopping, to me, when coasting down. :banghead:.

There is still a whine on the V4, particularlly on coast down, but it's volume is so low now the freehub noise nearly drowns it out when you stop pedalling. :bicycle:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Little to choose between them now, that Climbr is a definite attraction. though not needing to calibrate the Neo is a real plus. That said, Neo is heavy and awkward to move and I think better suits permanent or semi permanent set ups. But my money would be on the Neo smart bike

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
The Neo has some competiton

Yes the new kickr V4 is almost totally silent, I now have one (don't ask :blush:). I'm now hearing all sorts of sounds from the bike that I couldn't hear before. However, with a fan on most of the strange sounds are drowned out.

What happened TB, warranty replacement?

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Little to choose between them now, that Climbr is a definite attraction. though not needing to calibrate the Neo is a real plus. That said, Neo is heavy and awkward to move and I think better suits permanent or semi permanent set ups. But my money would be on the Neo smart bike

I’m 99% sure I’m getting the neo bike. I’m hoping it turns out as good as it looks on paper. It definitely looks much better thought out than the wattbike atom.

I’m not too sure how they can improve turbos at this point. I guess any improvements will be very marginal improvements in general feel. So barring mechanical failure if you buy a decent turbo of the current generation you should get a good few years out of it. The neo bike has features to imitate terrain feel which sounds clever. Dunno if it’ll make any difference in the grand scheme of things... I’ve been a bit cyclical about the wahoo climbing thing. Thought it was a little gimmicky to be honest. But if it can replicate a climbing position on the bike I can see it does have its benefits.

theboxers

What happened TB, warranty replacement?
Too much money in the pocket and shoddy hearing.

Seriously. The pitch of my V3 Kickr just grated on me and it's not faulty as every video I've seen of the kickr has the same sound. I had to do something to remedy the annoyance, a Neo was going to be the next purchase shortly until I saw DCR's review video and how quiet the V4 was. I took the plunge due to the climb compatibility.

Top Bottom