Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfonzo

@Alfonzo

Zwift is a lot busier than Bkool. Reason, popularity, it takes a little period to acclimatize to Zwift. Once you have been on a few group rides(see Zwiftpower.com) and or races, then it's attraction will become obvious. Get to level 10 or more and newer routes become available, level 10 doesn't take long at all
Ok I`ll give it another try, trouble is I`m already paying for subscriptions to other programs and my free period for Zwift is over.

CXRAndy

Guru
Ok I`ll give it another try, trouble is I`m already paying for subscriptions to other programs and my free period for Zwift is over.

I understand that, I run two subscriptions, so no need for more.

BILL S

Guru
I understand that, I run two subscriptions, so no need for more.

I like to only pay for the one so have now moved to monthly payments to bkool in case I need to move to Zwift due to there being hardly anyone of us lot left on bkool. Thursday evenings have recently been as low as one or two riders, which is partly due to summer time but definitely more to it than just that. Not sure I'm ready to move to Zwift just yet but if things don't pick up in bkool then I'll be joining you soon.

In other news, I'm off to Majorca for a week starting tomorrow so won't be there for round 5 of the August league. Please just carry on without me. Hope that great white shark is still circling the island as I'm bringing my snorkelling gear especially :hyper:

edit: I'll set up the new league when I get back.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I like to only pay for the one so have now moved to monthly payments to bkool in case I need to move to Zwift due to there being hardly anyone of us lot left on bkool. Thursday evenings have recently been as low as one or two riders, which is partly due to summer time but definitely more to it than just that. Not sure I'm ready to move to Zwift just yet but if things don't pick up in bkool then I'll be joining you soon.

In other news, I'm off to Majorca for a week starting tomorrow so won't be there for round 5 of the August league. Please just carry on without me. Hope that great white shark is still circling the island as I'm bringing my snorkelling gear especially :hyper:

Have a great break @BILL S ..:thumbsup::sun:

It’s much easier for me to stay with Bkool as I’m used to being dropped :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Have a great break @BILL S ..:thumbsup::sun:

It’s much easier for me to stay with Bkool as I’m used to being dropped :okay:
Not that you want to come over to the dark side and I respect that, but you definitely wouldn't be dropped there .... some nice 'social' rides where the emphasis is staying as a big group which would suit you. As Zwift has developed over the past 12-18 months it has definitely matured and progressed whereas Bkool has (at best) stood still. A real shame as I loved racing on Bkool, but I'm really (really) enjoying the racing now on Zwift. Just wish I could hold a bit more back for the sprints then I wouldn't keep being mugged by @Norry1 :surrender::notworthy::B):laugh:

Last edited:

Am I the only one who works?

Without starting up the same old discussion I'm suggesting everyone keeps both subscriptions and the unfair advantage of the pro units will be a moot point when everyone has a power meter based trainer. I think There are only a few of us that haven't made the switch.

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Without starting up the same old discussion I'm suggesting everyone keeps both subscriptions and the unfair advantage of the pro units will be a moot point when everyone has a power meter based trainer. I think There are only a few of us that haven't made the switch.

Trouble is non Bkool turbos don’t work very well on bsim in general at the moment so it isn’t much fun. Drafting for example is impossible. My personal prediction is that the tipping point may be when the software that is being tested at the moment is released. If it levels the playing field then it gives Bkool a bit of new life. If not then Bkool will be even less attractive.

It doesn’t make much difference to me which platforms I ride on to be honest. But I’ll have a turbo with a power meter so it’s looking like it’ll be Zwift and bigringvr. It would be nice to keep this community going as lots of us probably shouldn’t be let loose in wider society! But other than that I’ll go where the racing is most fun.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

It's a public holiday today in the UK so we're having an extra day off work :okay:

As for Bkool, I think they have lost most people now who have already moved across. I still have a sub until Feb (?) but haven't been on for months. I have BRVR too but not been on there either for months (I will be cancelling both when they run out). Zwift has changed so much over the past 12-18 months - lots more races, organised 'tours', Zwift Academy, different bikes and kit to 'win', races with 100+ riders. All this and you feel this is still the start and it will keep progressing now it has momentum. It's even sponsoring the highlights of the Vuelta on UK tv today.

BKool haven't listened and it is costing it dear!

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
It's a public holiday today in the UK so we're having an extra day off work :okay:

As for Bkool, I think they have lost most people now who have already moved across. I still have a sub until Feb (?) but haven't been on for months. I have BRVR too but not been on there either for months (I will be cancelling both when they run out). Zwift has changed so much over the past 12-18 months - lots more races, organised 'tours', Zwift Academy, different bikes and kit to 'win', races with 100+ riders. All this and you feel this is still the start and it will keep progressing now it has momentum. It's even sponsoring the highlights of the Vuelta on UK tv today.

BKool haven't listened and it is costing it dear!

What is this ‘holiday’ you speak of Englander?

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I am slowly moving to the leave camp. I may not renew in December. The limitations of the system (trainer compatibility), plus the very, very, basic training plans are slowly forcing me to see what is about. BRVR is a certainty due to the quality of video. Trainer Road or Zwift are strong possibilties for a second sub. due to the better training plans. I'm not fully sure just yet.

Last edited:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I am slowly moving to the leave camp. I may not renew in December. The limitations of the system (trainer compatibility), plus the very, very, basic training plans are slowly forcing me to see what is about. BRVR is a certainty due to the quality of video. Trainer Road or Zwift are strong possibilties for a second sub. due to the better training plans. I notfully sure just yet.

FFS

Brusgaard

Über Guru

The Danish Bkool league starts October 2nd, with scheduled races Tuesday night, Thursday night and Sunday morning. I’m sure you can get a wildcard to join the races. :smile: You won’t show up in the official league rankings though (Danes only), but no one can take away the fun of the racing.

I’m off to Tignes (France) on Wednesday, so I won’t make round 5 either. If I survive the potential downhill rides and wandering in the Alpes, I’ll be back on Zwift and Bkool early next week. :okay:

Have a nice trip to Spain!

Top Bottom