Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone doing the Chain Gang tonight, or must I race on the platform which shall not be named? Can't do the CG on Saturday.

This morning I couldn't get either Bkool program to work. The old one just said not responding and the Beta version just never opened at all. I'm going to delete them both and just download the old non Beta version.

How is the beta version looking Randy?
Yes. The difference seemed to be smoother resistance changes. Because I'm running it on a Mac there seems to be problems. When they're ready to do the full upgrade it should be better. Then when all of us are on non Bkool trainers it should be perfect. I haven't told my wife I need another $1000 to replace a perfectly good trainer just to keep up with my on line pals.

CXRAndy

Guru
Yes BRVR, it goes on forever in the virtual world too ... How G managed to attack on Alpe d'Huez after that I just don't understand!

Still it didn't turn me over like the Madeleine did two weeks ago

They did it reverse to me, the descent is fantastic

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Yes. The difference seemed to be smoother resistance changes. Because I'm running it on a Mac there seems to be problems. When they're ready to do the full upgrade it should be better. Then when all of us are on non Bkool trainers it should be perfect. I haven't told my wife I need another $1000 to replace a perfectly good trainer just to keep up with my on line pals.

Randy this is one online pal who would like to express all his gratitude towards you. We received a parcel in the post today. Well, I should say the rest of my family did ^_^. Locally produced chocolate for my partner and eldest daughter. And this for my youngest, Isobel

(I’ve removed the picture of my daughter looking at the slide show as my missus says it might not be good to put it up on a public forum. So I’ll message you the image)

So far she’s looked at all the slide reels at least once, I think the birds are her favourite but they’re all lovely pictures from your very talented wife’s collection. I’ve also shown her where Sitka is on her globe so it makes it easier for her to plan her trip to Alaska. She’s only four but I wouldn’t underestimate her determination!

What a fantastic gift Randy. I could of sent this as a private message but I wanted all the guys to know just how thoughtful you are. I won’t forget this my friend :hugs:

Last edited:

Del C

Veteran
Yes BRVR, it goes on forever in the virtual world too ... How G managed to attack on Alpe d'Huez after that I just don't understand!

Still it didn't turn me over like the Madeleine did two weeks ago
What happened to you on the Madeleine?

The reason I ask is that i completely bonked on it a couple of weeks ago when a group of us were riding in Annecy.

Basically, I didn't eat enough and I didn't take enough food with me. I was 16k up the climb from the Albertville side. I'd been feeling ok, and then just hit a brick wall. Schoolboy error.

The whole week we'd been riding in 34 degrees C, although it was around 24C that day. Don't know if that added to the problem, but I failed!

Got back to our villa, having ridden 93 miles, with a 16k climb and another 6k back up to the villa. Normally I'd be happy with that, but I was quite pissed off. Looks like we're planning something in the same area next year, so I'll be going back to the Madeleine again!

I had the same thoughts about G as you. They climbed the Madeleine from the Albertville side, then did the Lacets, Croix de Fer and the Alpe. I've ridden the Croix de Fer from the Bourg d'Oisans side (they went down that side) and the Alpe. That's 3 monster climbs plus the Lacets. That's an insanely tough stage.

Last edited:
Randy this is one online pal who would like to express all his gratitude towards you. We received a parcel in the post today. Well, I should say the rest of my family did ^_^. Locally produced chocolate for my partner and eldest daughter. And this for my youngest, Isobel

(I’ve removed the picture of my daughter looking at the slide show as my missus says it might not be good to put it up on a public forum. So I’ll message you the image)

So far she’s looked at all the slide reels at least once, I think the birds are her favourite but they’re all lovely pictures from your very talented wife’s collection. I’ve also shown her where Sitka is on her globe so it makes it easier for her to plan her trip to Alaska. She’s only four but I wouldn’t underestimate her determination!

What a fantastic gift Randy. I could of sent this as a private message but I wanted all the guys to know just how thoughtful you are. I won’t forget this my friend :hugs:
I'm glad she likes it. My wife is working on another reel. I will take credit for some of the stuff on the box. The "100 % black bear free" is mine. Also the warning "don't ride a bike while using it."

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
What happened to you on the Madeleine?

The reason I ask is that i completely bonked on it a couple of weeks ago when a group of us were riding in Annecy.
Same thing really, bonked with 3Km to go ... putting out 245W up until that point, but had to drop back to 160W or less. No excuses, as I was only riding on BRVR, although it was hot in the shed. I just can't seem to cram food in during periods of intense exercise, even drinking is difficult, but I'm hoping that the Sky "Rocket" Fuel (SiS Beta Fuel) will help on the long rides IRL. I try and avoid gels because of the gastric distress they can cause.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I'm glad she likes it. My wife is working on another reel. I will take credit for some of the stuff on the box. The "100 % black bear free" is mine. Also the warning "don't ride a bike while using it."

:laugh:

I hadn’t noticed the small print Randy. Very cool. Who did the art work? My daughter genuinely loves it. I’ve just got back to the house after a day out with her. Normally at this point she gets a bit of iPad time. But she went straight to the viewer to go through all the slides again first.

C75EF153-A55C-4038-BDDD-33F63D79AC5F.jpeg

C9461F95-E221-48B0-9441-195D58A4FACE.jpeg
FB8BA5CC-0E22-4E6C-9CC2-65CC973F7816.jpeg

Top Bottom