Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:laugh:

I hadn’t noticed the small print Randy. Very cool. Who did the art work? My daughter genuinely loves it. I’ve just got back to the house after a day out with her. Normally at this point she gets a bit of iPad time. But she went straight to the viewer to go through all the slides again first.

View attachment 426644
View attachment 426645 View attachment 426646
Yeah. I think all of the “tongue in cheek” stuff like cordless..is what sells it to the parents or grandparents. The art work is a graphic artist Victoria Hand, an Alaskan who now lives in California. Your kid is the right age to enjoy it. A little older and it’s lame.

Last edited:
Anyone riding at 5?

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Anyone riding at 5?

Been oot int real world today and very pleasant ‘twas too.... took the work horse oot, half packed.. my legs were good but my lungs were custard... been struggling last couple of weeks but getting it going again now..

Been oot int real world today and very pleasant ‘twas too.... took the work horse oot, half packed.. my legs were good but my lungs were custard... been struggling last couple of weeks but getting it going again now..
I saw that. It looked like a great ride. I never noticed the custom name on the bored man. On today's race,
you once again killed me on the first hill and I couldn't get closer than 35 seconds.

Alfonzo

Hi everyone, been a while since I came on here, sort of lost my mojo after getting a 4iiii PM and realising
the BKool watts readings were sooooo far off reality!! After averaging approx 250w on most rides I was doing
and then going into the real world and struggling to average over 200w according to the 4iiii it sort of
knocked my enthusiasm a fair bit, I now have a CycleOps Hammer which is giving very close readings to
the 4iiii so starting to get back into it all again, just for the info last week I did a BKool ride Bornholm Part 3 on the
Hammer using my ghost from the same ride earlier in the year, what was a fairly easy ride on the BKool was very different
on the Hammer, I did the ride in 1:07:00 back then at approx 200w , last week after 1 hour of riding I had an
average of 200w again but hadn`t completed the ride, my average speed on the Hammer for the same power as
on the BKool was nearly 1.5 mph slower. I`ve noticed a lot of you are now using Wahoo Kickr , how do they compare
to the BKool in watts per mph? I know we all get different speed per watts , I just wondered if anyone else has used a ghost and ridden the same course on their Wahoo Kickr for a comparison.

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
I did the ride in 1:07:00 back then at approx 200w , last week after 1 hour of riding I had an
average of 200w again but hadn`t completed the ride, my average speed on the Hammer for the same power as
on the BKool was nearly 1.5 mph slower. I`ve noticed a lot of you are now using Wahoo Kickr , how do they compare
to the BKool in watts per mph? I know we all get different speed per watts , I just wondered if anyone else has used a ghost and ridden the same course on their Wahoo Kickr for a comparison.

Alfonzo, I have used a Kickr for 3 years and on occasion a Bkool pro alongside. It is well documented what you're experiencing is common place, not just with the kickr, but any trainer with a 'proper' power meter built in. There is nothing you can do within Bkool to correct this. That is why alot of us 'Cyclechatters' have migrated to Zwift, where speed is calculated from the power you develop. It is very accurate and overall consistent.

If you're just riding for training,then Bkool will be fine. However if you race then as you've experienced will disadvantaged by the 1.5mph against someone of equal ability

Alfonzo

Alfonzo, I have used a Kickr for 3 years and on occasion a Bkool pro alongside. It is well documented what you're experiencing is common place, not just with the kickr, but any trainer with a 'proper' power meter built in. There is nothing you can do within Bkool to correct this. That is why alot of us 'Cyclechatters' have migrated to Zwift, where speed is calculated from the power you develop. It is very accurate and overall consistent.

If you're just riding for training,then Bkool will be fine. However if you race then as you've experienced will disadvantaged by the 1.5mph against someone of equal ability
Thanks Andy, I did notice that a lot of you had chosen to ride on Zwift instead of BKool, I have tried Zwift but only in the
trial , all seems a bit chaotic with riders all over the place, I do like the rides on BKool but like you said its ok if you aren`t
racing, I also use Rouvy which is pretty good for virtual rides and videos, also BigRingVR have some good rides and videos,
not sure how BigRingVR compares when you have opponents yet tho.

CXRAndy

Guru
@Alfonzo

Zwift is a lot busier than Bkool. Reason, popularity, it takes a little period to acclimatize to Zwift. Once you have been on a few group rides(see Zwiftpower.com) and or races, then it's attraction will become obvious. Get to level 10 or more and newer routes become available, level 10 doesn't take long at all

Top Bottom