Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
Also, reconditioned kickr’s and snaps at the Wahoo store. Kipster like his wheel in Snap.
Or a PM, even a one sided 4ii and bkool Pro would be great. In Zwift you can use the PM for power and pro for resistance changes. £250 upwards.

Now that I have picked up a cheap Stages from eBay I guess I can use that with my Pro and join the exodus to Zwift? I won't do anything until late September though when I've finished my 'outdoor season' and am back from my Paris trip.

Do any of you know if there a simple guide to Zwift anywhere? I know when I looked a long time ago it was pretty confusing and couldn't be bothered moving - all stuff about 50% resistance settings, needing to use Zwift Power to get useful info/results etc etc. I can Google it of course, but if anyone knows of a good 'getting started' guide ;)

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Now that I have picked up a cheap Stages from eBay I guess I can use that with my Pro and join the exodus to Zwift? I won't do anything until late September though when I've finished my 'outdoor season' and am back from my Paris trip.

Do any of you know if there a simple guide to Zwift anywhere? I know when I looked a long time ago it was pretty confusing and couldn't be bothered moving - all stuff about 50% resistance settings, needing to use Zwift Power to get useful info/results etc etc. I can Google it of course, but if anyone knows of a good 'getting started' guide ;)
You could try these guys : https://zwiftinsider.com/user-manual/

If you want to race then ZwiftPower is a given I'm afraid, although to be honest it is a good site and has decent ride stats so worth it anyway.

Zwift can be a bit confusing and takes a bit of time to get used to, especially if you're just bumbling around (which is quite boring). Races take care of themselves - join a race and the course is preset and all yo have to worry about is riding hard (and race tactics which are more key than Bkool). Bkool is more akin to a ITT (unless you can grab onto and hold someones wheel) whereas in Zwift race tactics play a bigger role, especially if you can get yourself into a nice big fast rolling group!

peterob

Veteran
You could try these guys : https://zwiftinsider.com/user-manual/

If you want to race then ZwiftPower is a given I'm afraid, although to be honest it is a good site and has decent ride stats so worth it anyway.

Zwift can be a bit confusing and takes a bit of time to get used to, especially if you're just bumbling around (which is quite boring). Races take care of themselves - join a race and the course is preset and all yo have to worry about is riding hard (and race tactics which are more key than Bkool). Bkool is more akin to a ITT (unless you can grab onto and hold someones wheel) whereas in Zwift race tactics play a bigger role, especially if you can get yourself into a nice big fast rolling group!

Cheers Whorty. I'll take a look at the link and take a trial out in a month or so and give it a go! I'm just looking for something to keep me on the bike over the winter months which BKool has provided the last couple of years, but is really the group and post-race banter on here - so it looks like I'll need to join the exodus to keep that!

Brusgaard

Über Guru
speaks even louder :laugh:

Paying for something you don't use - who's the fool? Not Bkool… :tongue:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Paying for something you don't use - who's the fool? Not Bkool… :tongue:
was a silly boy - thought it was getting better - was an even sillier boy - though on saying that i really enjoyed the time on bkool with a bkool trainer and wouldn't change that at all
went up the pub on fri and bought 3 extra pints i didn't need as well - at least i dont feel bad spending 12 quid on bkool

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
was a silly boy - thought it was getting better - was an even sillier boy - though on saying that i really enjoyed the time on bkool with a bkool trainer and wouldn't change that at all
went up the pub on fri and bought 3 extra pints i didn't need as well - at least i dont feel bad spending 12 quid on bkool
3 pints for 12 quid?!?! I need to start drinking in your local :cheers:

CXRAndy

Guru
@peterob

Zwift might look complicated, but isn't . If you have already used Zwift, then on start up let it install updates. The first page you need to really do anything is the setup page . You will select power meter source and controllable trainer. At this point it's best to have all sensors awake by using the bike for a few seconds. Once that is done you will arrive at a page to ride or watch. It will also list your friends who are currently riding-join the if you wish. Once riding the right side shows route/ profile/gradient and other riders nearer to you. The left side shows power/HR/cadence. You can then just ride around or tag onto someone s. wheel or group.

Racing is organised through Zwiftpower.com . You must register, don't forget to put cyclehat as your team. You will see all varieties of races/group rides listed. There are several events every hour all the 24hours, truly world wide.
Once you decide to sign up for a race, there are two ways to join .

1 Use the Zwift app on your mobile phone to preselect the event. When you log in the final page will indicate you are going to this event, and will automatically be transferred to the start pen. Keep pedalling flat out 5 seconds before count down

2 sign into Zwift simulation and in the top right corner races which are about to start will be listed, click on the one you want and which cat ABCD

Zwiftpower collects all your stats and give you a ranking. You will be automatically shifted category if you exceed certain W/KG. No sandbagging ;).

Zwift power to rank you must have HR data, for racing

Has Carl as mentioned tactics and position play a big roll in getting good results, saving energy where you can to unleash later. expect 10s to 100s of riders in the popular races

Zwift with Strava and Zwiftpower need to be synchronised to keep everything. Zwift themselves don't keep data of rides

Happy, racing

Edit add ''cyclechat' to your Zwift name so we can,see each other easily

Last edited:

peterob

Veteran
@peterob

Zwift might look complicated, but isn't . If you have already used Zwift, then on start up let it install updates. The first page you need to really do anything is the setup page . You will select power meter source and controllable trainer. At this point it's best to have all sensors awake by using the bike for a few seconds. Once that is done you will arrive at a page to ride or watch. It will also list your friends who are currently riding-join the if you wish. Once riding the right side shows route/ profile/gradient and other riders nearer to you. The left side shows power/HR/cadence. You can then just ride around or tag onto someone s. wheel or group.

Racing is organised through Zwiftpower.com . You must register, don't forget to put cyclehat as your team. You will see all varieties of races/group rides listed. There are several events every hour all the 24hours, truly world wide.
Once you decide to sign up for a race, there are two ways to join .

1 Use the Zwift app on your mobile phone to preselect the event. When you log in the final page will indicate you are going to this event, and will automatically be transferred to the start pen. Keep pedalling flat out 5 seconds before count down

2 sign into Zwift simulation and in the top right corner races which are about to start will be listed, click on the one you want and which cat ABCD

Zwiftpower collects all your stats and give you a ranking. You will be automatically shifted category if you exceed certain W/KG. No sandbagging ;).

Zwift power to rank you must have HR data, for racing

Has Carl as mentioned tactics and position play a big roll in getting good results, saving energy where you can to unleash later. expect 10s to 100s of riders in the popular races

Zwift with Strava and Zwiftpower need to be synchronised to keep everything. Zwift themselves don't keep data of rides

Happy, racing

Edit add ''cyclechat' to your Zwift name so we can,see each other easily
Thanks for that Andy mate. Cheers :cheers:

When I'm ready to get back on the turbo I'll reference that. Previously BKool has provided all that I needed so I didn't look too closely at Zwift, but it does seem that the exodus from BKool has reached a point that there isn't a critical mass left!

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Previously BKool has provided all that I needed so I didn't look too closely at Zwift, but it does seem that the exodus from BKool has reached a point that there isn't a critical mass left!
:cry: I somewhat agree, and will be looking to move once my sub to BKool has finished ... In the meantime, I will continue to upload my videos to Bkool.

That is the one that that BKool does brilliantly (When it works) and give you the option to re ride routes you have done IRL, but BRVR gives that option as well ... and is not quite as picky as BKool about supposed "Zero Speed" Segments. Bkool was a promising start. but never really delivered, and never really moved on properly. From what I've read the only thing Zwift is missing, is the ability to have 'private' races for the CG league, and handicap style races which were a laugh, even if they did involve a serious amount of ITT, trying to catch or stay with you lot on my part :biggrin:

Top Bottom