Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
I think it has been mentioned in the past. Maybe kipster has done it? Or maybe the dragon ride...(easily confused.com...)

I’m up for it. Give anything a go etc. But I would say yes it is closed roads. But there’s a load of other cyclists sharing the road with you. The DD isn’t closed roads but it basically is because most of the roads are so quiet and it’s such a low key event.

I did it the first year (2015), great event, a couple of climbs and lots of flat stuff. Really well organised event, and not the hoards of cyclists list you get at ride

Norry1

Legendary Member
It is all to do with W/Kg for hills. I know a guy who is 60+ very much like Lee in build. He was comfortably the fastest climber by quite margin against all except one, that is Alberto a 36 yr old 'Kona iron man' qualifier. Alberto is the owner of Tenerife Bike training, so is a natural climber and quite light, but not as light as the old chap.

Alberto rates this old chaps climbing prowess, so much so he's teamed up with him to race the Haute route https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...FjAAegQIBhAD&usg=AOvVaw02kUzn5D1i1FcS46lPR23T

Either a big coincidence or Alberto is the guy who led our climb up Teide - with Club Activo. Nice guy.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Following tectonic movement Alp D Huez has become shorter ...but a little steeper:

View: https://www.facebook.com/peopleareawesome/videos/1457781254271048/?t=33

It'd be easier on a motorbike :whistle: or car

214.44 Percent of a Slope https://www.calcunation.com/calculator/degrees-to-percent.php

Makes the DD seem a little pedestrian

BTW

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
thinking about driving up to the peak district prob sunday and doing roughly 60 mile - nothing set in stone yet - anyone interested ?

Why don't you cycle up, do 60 and cycle back :smile:

Our club member, to give him his dues, he's young chap, cycled up to meet a group doing C2C in one day. He covered 275miles in the day to complete the ride with them.

He has also just beaten our club 12hr record which stood since 1960, I think. A decent 256 miles, previous record 252-some feat on an older design bike

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Why don't you cycle up, do 60 and cycle back :smile:

Our club member, to give him his dues, he's young chap, cycled up to meet a group doing C2C in one day. He covered 275miles in the day to complete the ride with them.

He has also just beaten our club 12hr record which stood since 1960, I think. A decent 256 miles, previous record 252-some feat on an older design bike
Now there’s an idea ! Are you biking to mine and we could do it together :bicycle:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Chaps

As you know some of us went over to the Pyrenees earlier in the summer. Next year we are planning a trip to the Alps around the same time (mid June).

It’s going to be a little bit different this time. One of the guys we went to the Pyrenees with has been looking at places that cater for large groups, provide breakfast and supper, and provide transfers to and from the airport. We’re planning to go for 7 days this time rather than 5, but it’ll actually be a little cheaper, and it would be great if we could get as many cyclechatters involved as possible.

So far Berty, Breedon and Myself are pencilled in. And Bob if we can talk you into joining us rather than going with Angus! The rest of you are more than welcome too. I don’t think I need to try and sell this too hard to anyone who saw the pictures of the last trip or who has been to the alps before. It will be ace!! Just to give you an idea of cost, we’re hoping accommodation is €600 and flights under €100 (this is based on booking early, which is why I’m bringing all this up now)

I’m going away tomorrow and I’ll be away for a few weeks. So if you’re interested let me know today or message Berty or Dean for more info. Because we want to get this booked in the next few weeks. Like I say guys it will be a brilliant trip no question, so have a think of you can make it work with the family.

Top Bottom