Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I know the area well having been 3 times. If you can go you really should. Great climbing. r and R with some white water rafting too.
Also, with the wealth of bike fixing skills available we shouldn’t need an Angus. I am definitely in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I know the area well having been 3 times. If you can go you really should. Great climbing. r and R with some white water rafting too.
Also, with the wealth of bike fixing skills available we shouldn’t need an Angus. I am definitely in.

^_^ :thumbsup:

Great news Bob. I’m biased but I think you’ve made a great choice.

I’m not sure how limited numbers will be in that we can always look at more / bigger accommodation. But I think it’s best to say we go on a first come first served basis just in case.

bobinski

Legendary Member
^_^ :thumbsup:

Great news Bob. I’m biased but I think you’ve made a great choice.

I’m not sure how limited numbers will be in that we can always look at more / bigger accommodation. But I think it’s best to say we go on a first come first served basis just in case.

Sure and would be fab to see more Cc’ers Funny thing is I looked at that place a few weeks back and thought either of their properties would be great but perhaps the smaller better. It’s closer to Landry and so bike path to Bourg and the linked roads out of the valley into the climbs. Both look good though. It’s v cheap. And have I mentioned the white water rafting on an Olympic course through Landry? Someone will pee themselves :biggrin:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

It's a potentially brilliant idea, and I'm potentially in ... As flying just how do we get bikes there??

Hi mate that’s brilliant!

You’ll need a bike box or bike bag for the flight if you bring you’re own bike. I’d personally recommend a box as I’ve heard one too many horror story regarding bags. Or we look into hiring bikes there. Berty, add, and kip are al hiring bikes for our September trip app d’huez. But my personal preference is to bring my own bike. The places we’re looking at offer a transfer to and from Lyon airport as part of the package so that’s really good. They also offer a pick up service each day if we end up miles away from the chalet.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bike box on plane, hire in Bourg st Maurice. OR you can take a long hour, Eurostar to Paris and overnight train to Bourg. I have done it twice with bikein soft bike bag but I could have wheeled it on Eurostar and the French trains.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

As I say I’m going away tomorrow. But I’m going to suggest to Nas, the guy putting this together, to create a WhatsApp group. So everyone who’s interested can get together to ask questions and start making plans. Let’s face it, it’s never too early to start talking $hit! ^_^.

Don’t want to put pressure on anyone but... two things to remember. Firstly the sooner we book the flights the cheaper they are. Secondly places may be limited. I’m not saying this 100%. But it’s better to make a decision quickly just in case.

bobinski

Legendary Member
As I say I’m going away tomorrow. But I’m going to suggest to Nas, the guy putting this together, to create a WhatsApp group. So everyone who’s interested can get together to ask questions and start making plans. Let’s face it, it’s never too early to start talking $hit! ^_^.

Don’t want to put pressure on anyone but... two things to remember. Firstly the sooner we book the flights the cheaper they are. Secondly places may be limited. I’m not saying this 100%. But it’s better to make a decision quickly just in case.

Re flights- on British airways bikes are part of your baggage allowance and so potentially FREE. Hire a bike box Alan and you are sorted.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

I'm interested. Is there a link or any detail? ^_^

:thumbsup:

The dates have changed slightly. We’re now looking at Saturday 29th of June as a departure date, coming back the following Saturday.

Give me your email and I’ll forward you the chalet info norry. We have some options.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Chaps

As you know some of us went over to the Pyrenees earlier in the summer. Next year we are planning a trip to the Alps around the same time (mid June).

It’s going to be a little bit different this time. One of the guys we went to the Pyrenees with has been looking at places that cater for large groups, provide breakfast and supper, and provide transfers to and from the airport. We’re planning to go for 7 days this time rather than 5, but it’ll actually be a little cheaper, and it would be great if we could get as many cyclechatters involved as possible.

So far Berty, Breedon and Myself are pencilled in. And Bob if we can talk you into joining us rather than going with Angus! The rest of you are more than welcome too. I don’t think I need to try and sell this too hard to anyone who saw the pictures of the last trip or who has been to the alps before. It will be ace!! Just to give you an idea of cost, we’re hoping accommodation is €600 and flights under €100 (this is based on booking early, which is why I’m bringing all this up now)

I’m going away tomorrow and I’ll be away for a few weeks. So if you’re interested let me know today or message Berty or Dean for more info. Because we want to get this booked in the next few weeks. Like I say guys it will be a brilliant trip no question, so have a think of you can make it work with the family.
Only just seen this - sounds like a great plan. Unfortunately, I don't think I will manage to get away for a week at that time at the moment - much as I'd love to! - but hope you have a great trip and look froward to reading about it!

Top Bottom