Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
Good man Keith! I'll definitely set up a league for October. After that we can all decide if we'll keep the bkool league running or if we should really just move to the dark side. Hopefully the next league will have a few more participants than in the summer.
My annual BKool subscription expired today. I plan on taking a trial on the dark side and then deciding on what platform to continue with.

So you may see me in the October league or maybe not! It would be nice to have at least one last hurrah ^_^

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
My annual BKool subscription expired today. I plan on taking a trial on the dark side and then deciding on what platform to continue with.

So you may see me in the October league or maybe not! It would be nice to have at least one last hurrah ^_^
To get a real feel for Zwift, do a couple of races (rather than just bumbling around). This will really tell you if you like it or not. If you don't enjoy the races then Zwift may not be for you as just riding on Zwift won't be as interesting as doing all the different courses on Bkool. I rarely just bumble on Zwift, I usually either race or do one of their workout sessions (which I like although others tend to use Trainer Road). Hope you enjoy :okay:

Alfonzo

My BKool Pro is sold, I got fed up with false power readings and gone for a CycleOps Hammer and a Wahoo Kickr which both
seem to give very close readings to my 4iiii power meter, I`m not sure which I`ll keep yet, any opinions are welcome.

I`ve been on here a few times in the last couple of weeks and just wanted to say its sad to see that BKool have let their, what I
believed to be the best virtual cycling program online, slide so far that it seems close to the end, the choice to ride real life rides in
3D to me is one of the best things virtual cycling could offer, to send a ride file without a video to BKool and then ride it in 3D
instead of just following a boring map is amazing, also being able to see an avatar (think thats the word) of anyone either riding
with you or competing against you makes it even better. I will continue to use BKool until my subscription expires but not sure what
I`ll do after that, I don`t know if any other virtual cycling programs will do real life courses in 3D, if they do I`m sure BKool will lose
even more subscriptions. Shame.

CXRAndy

Guru
My BKool Pro is sold, I got fed up with false power readings and gone for a CycleOps Hammer and a Wahoo Kickr which both
seem to give very close readings to my 4iiii power meter, I`m not sure which I`ll keep yet, any opinions are welcome.

I`ve been on here a few times in the last couple of weeks and just wanted to say its sad to see that BKool have let their, what I
believed to be the best virtual cycling program online, slide so far that it seems close to the end, the choice to ride real life rides in
3D to me is one of the best things virtual cycling could offer, to send a ride file without a video to BKool and then ride it in 3D
instead of just following a boring map is amazing, also being able to see an avatar (think thats the word) of anyone either riding
with you or competing against you makes it even better. I will continue to use BKool until my subscription expires but not sure what
I`ll do after that, I don`t know if any other virtual cycling programs will do real life courses in 3D, if they do I`m sure BKool will lose

If you've got a few days to decide turbo, my new '18 Kickr and climb come this weekend. I can then write up review.

There are obviously Zwift, bigringVr, Road grand tours+ some others

Bigringvr allows video upload with gpx files to create rides you've done in real life. They also have HD quality video of lots of famous routes, mainly mountain climbs.

Alfonzo

If you've got a few days to decide turbo, my new '18 Kickr and climb come this weekend. I can then write up review.

There are obviously Zwift, bigringVr, Road grand tours+ some others

Bigringvr allows video upload with gpx files to create rides you've done in real life. They also have HD quality video of lots of famous routes, mainly mountain climbs.

Thanks Andy, I have both until I decide which I prefer, then one will have to be sold, the Wahoo Kickr I have is the first version so the climb isn`t compatible
with it but I`d still be interested in what you think of your Kickr, I have used BigringVR with the BKool Pro and have to admit the HD video quality is
really good, I haven`t uploaded any routes tho and if I`m correct GPX file without video will only do the gradients (not sure about the map) but still won`t
be in 3D which is a shame. I have had a quick go on the Kickr but forgot to calibrate it (oops) not that I was too bothered as it was just a trial ride on the
BKool sim to see how it felt and sounded, I liked the feel of it , the sound I`m not sure about it did seem slightly louder than the Hammer but the whining noise
I`ve heard about is a bit more annoying than the sound of the Hammer, I have ridden the Hammer a few times and it seems pretty good but the Wahoo
Kickr is supposed to be the top trainer in nearly all tests I`ve read so thought I`d try one, I`ll have to calibrate it and do another ride to see how it goes.

CXRAndy

Guru
Yes I have the version 1 kickr. It has been a good piece of kit and I have many thousands of miles of riding on it. I fitted a new belt recently in preparation for the new owner.

I'll let you know about the new Kickr'18 later next week once I've had a few rides

Alfonzo

Yes I have the version 1 kickr. It has been a good piece of kit and I have many thousands of miles of riding on it. I fitted a new belt recently in preparation for the new owner.

I'll let you know about the new Kickr'18 later next week once I've had a few rides

Ok thanks, it`ll be good to know what you think of it , I don`t think I`ll be getting another new trainer for a while tho!!
Like I said the Kickr seemed a little louder than the Hammer but seemed a higher pitch which I have to admit was a disturbing,
did you find your version 1 like that? As I said I didn`t calibrate it so once I have and do another ride it may sound different.

CXRAndy

Guru
Yes they do make a noise nothing overly loud or annoying, I have never found it an issue. I use a fan which override the turbo and chain noise

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Ok thanks, it`ll be good to know what you think of it , I don`t think I`ll be getting another new trainer for a while tho!!
Like I said the Kickr seemed a little louder than the Hammer but seemed a higher pitch which I have to admit was a disturbing,
did you find your version 1 like that? As I said I didn`t calibrate it so once I have and do another ride it may sound different.
Yes they do make a noise nothing overly loud or annoying, I have never found it an issue. I use a fan which override the turbo and chain noise
While the volume of the kickr V1-3 noise was not excessive, it was at a pitch that really annoyed me. My poor hearing just happened to be at its best at that frequency. I am now on a kickr v4 that is as silent as it is possible to be (without not riding on it), which allows all of the other sounds of the bike to come through, what the fluck is that noise now :banghead:.

LBHIFI

Veteran

Just curious - why don't you use the 4iiii as power source?

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bob, we have just launched the best version of the simulator ever.
For this new version, we have focused on having the system as open as possible so that all cyclists can use our Simulator. That’s why we’re proud to announce that more trainers are now supported. All major brand trainers are in. Combined with the new pairing system, they offer the best experience for new Bkoolers.

A brand new pairing system will welcome you. We’ve created a single screen with all the options for using your devices.

We’ve added amazing new cameras to offer the most immersive experience. Our 3D now has more detail and depth. Now you can even recognize that mountain where you used to ride.

There’s also a new TV camera that will make you feel like a star during your training. You will also be able to see your competitors approaching.

You’ll also notice a great improvement in the multiplayer sessions, as more players than ever can join the same route now.

As a beta option, a new offline mode has been added to the simulator. You will be able to train in 2D over your favorite routes and workouts. Rules here are that you must have them saved as favorites and you must have done them before online. Every couple of weeks, you’ll have to connect again so that we can check your premium subscription.

95bdc01f-0161-4ec9-806c-0cb2c07c4f07.jpg

Other highlights for this version include:

Direct access to selected routes. Now you’ll be able to jump from the route selection shown in the first screen of the simulator to the route without having to program it on the website.

Exclusive for 64-bits system. Now you’ll need to have a 64-bit computer to run our simulator.

We hope you are as excited as we are with this new major release of the simulator. As autumn comes, so does a new season for indoor training.

See you on Bkool!

d931b3dd-4df1-4dd9-96e0-3dbc4f06cbcf.jpg

Bkool Team

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Bob, we have just launched the best version of the simulator ever.
For this new version, we have focused on having the system as open as possible so that all cyclists can use our Simulator. That’s why we’re proud to announce that more trainers are now supported. All major brand trainers are in. Combined with the new pairing system, they offer the best experience for new Bkoolers.

A brand new pairing system will welcome you. We’ve created a single screen with all the options for using your devices.

We’ve added amazing new cameras to offer the most immersive experience. Our 3D now has more detail and depth. Now you can even recognize that mountain where you used to ride.

There’s also a new TV camera that will make you feel like a star during your training. You will also be able to see your competitors approaching.

You’ll also notice a great improvement in the multiplayer sessions, as more players than ever can join the same route now.

As a beta option, a new offline mode has been added to the simulator. You will be able to train in 2D over your favorite routes and workouts. Rules here are that you must have them saved as favorites and you must have done them before online. Every couple of weeks, you’ll have to connect again so that we can check your premium subscription.

View attachment 431399

Other highlights for this version include:

Direct access to selected routes. Now you’ll be able to jump from the route selection shown in the first screen of the simulator to the route without having to program it on the website.

Exclusive for 64-bits system. Now you’ll need to have a 64-bit computer to run our simulator.

We hope you are as excited as we are with this new major release of the simulator. As autumn comes, so does a new season for indoor training.

See you on Bkool!

View attachment 431400
Bkool Team
But have they equalised the trainers?

I may have to try and join a live ride with @Jim Brown and see if I can keep up with him on a rolling course.

Edit : graphics look really good

Last edited:
Top Bottom