Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Still up in Denali Park. Day 4 of 12 hour days carrying camera crap to pay for my next bike trip. Brought the bike but haven’t had a chance to ride for days.
is your next trip back to these shores? :thumbsup:
someone has mentioned the northcoast 500 - playing in Jims back garden :hyper:

Dirty bike and no riding. I’m up for the Scotland ride next year if I can line up the time with the Double Devil.

Attachments

• CB3FACF7-4AB0-4CB7-8F64-0CE3866F9960.jpeg
    CB3FACF7-4AB0-4CB7-8F64-0CE3866F9960.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 0C2043FA-40ED-4228-8C0C-C2B50CFC1F72.jpeg
    0C2043FA-40ED-4228-8C0C-C2B50CFC1F72.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 23

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
We were lucky enough to win the road lottery. They have a drawing to let 400 cars drive through the park at the end of the season.

If you are interested here is a link to apply.

https://www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/road-lottery.htm
Oh my. That's somewhere I was looking at taking my motorbike.
Stay 300 yds from bears!:ohmy:
It's not the big bears you really need to worry about, mostly they've learnt to stay away from us. It's the little ones. They've got a pissed off Momma bear following them trying to put right everything they screw up. That includes contact with the likes of us. Don't piss off Momma bear or your day could have a very unhappy ending :eek:.
Run quickly:laugh:
I don't have to run quickly. I just need to not be the slowest :blink: :blush:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Oh my. That's somewhere I was looking at taking my motorbike.

It's not the big bears you really need to worry about, mostly they've learnt to stay away from us. It's the little ones. They've got a pissed off Momma bear following them trying to put right everything they screw up. That includes contact with the likes of us. Don't piss off Momma bear or your day could have a very unhappy ending :eek:.

I don't have to run quickly. I just need to not be the slowest :blink: :blush:
Different continent, and different animals, but what we say in Africa is only food runs! We were taught that if a lion or other such big beasty charges, what you do is stand still. Trained to be a safari guide a few years ago and have been charged by lion, elephant, rhino and standing your ground is the safest bet (you'll never out run any of these dudes anyway). Even better if others run as the animal will likely chase them instead :whistle: Hippo and Buff a different story - get yourself up a tree :tongue:

Different continent, and different animals, but what we say in Africa is only food runs! We were taught that if a lion or other such big beasty charges, what you do is stand still. Trained to be a safari guide a few years ago and have been charged by lion, elephant, rhino and standing your ground is the safest bet (you'll never out run any of these dudes anyway). Even better if others run as the animal will likely chase them instead :whistle: Hippo and Buff a different story - get yourself up a tree :tongue:
It’s the same with bears. Never run. I can’t even ride my bike fast enough. They can do 35 mph for short distances.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Always aim for a kick in the nuts... That'll teach it a lesson...

Top Bottom