Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I echo what Andy and Lee have said. Come on in -the water is lovely. Give it a proper chance and see if it is for you. Then, if Bill and the other Remainers join too, as Tommy suggested, we can rename the sub forums and snd have different chats, say general banter, general bollox, racing banter, training banter, whatever.

Working out of town so will not be there for the rerun today.

JSlat

Don't know if this is the right place for this, but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

As I'm completely new to Bkool i have loads of questions, but two that are particularly bothering me are about leagues.

I set up my smart pro for the first time a two days ago and configured everything, then found a route a few people were doing and got on with it. I had a great time and enjoyed the motivation of other people to ride against, so much better than when i used to use a non smart turbo.
When i finished the ride i saw that the route I'd just done was Stage 2 of the LaVueltaBkool 2018, so joined the league. The ride saved and synced to Strava, but my ride wasn't showing in My attempts in the league, i thought i'd give it time to sort itself out and check back another day. Yesterday i did Stage 1 from that league, this is already showing in My attempts, but has not been verified because my Coherent weight is not checked.

So i have two questions:
1. Will my first ride show up in the league at some point, or will i have to do it again?
2. How do i get my Coherent weight checked?

Many thanks for any help on this and any tips on other leagues to join would be very welcome.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
When i finished the ride i saw that the route I'd just done was Stage 2 of the LaVueltaBkool 2018, so joined the league. The ride saved and synced to Strava, but my ride wasn't showing in My attempts in the league, i thought i'd give it time to sort itself out and check back another day. Yesterday i did Stage 1 from that league, this is already showing in My attempts, but has not been verified because my Coherent weight is not checked.

So i have two questions:
1. Will my first ride show up in the league at some point, or will i have to do it again?
2. How do i get my Coherent weight checked?

Many thanks for any help on this and any tips on other leagues to join would be very welcome.

1. You have to be a member of the league, before you do a league race. So the answer is no.

2. Bkool never checks your weight in their own leagues (which is why some riders weight differs like 20 kg, depending on the route :angry:), but that is not the reason for it not showing up on the league rankings. Ideally the rankings would be updated imediately, but unfortunately this doesn’t happen. You can sometimes wait for days. It has been like that for years.:sad:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I echo what Andy and Lee have said. Come on in -the water is lovely. Give it a proper chance and see if it is for you. Then, if Bill and the other Remainers join too, as Tommy suggested, we can rename the sub forums and snd have different chats, say general banter, general bollox, racing banter, training banter, whatever.

I will have a look see after my holiday.
I have been doing a bit more running recently and I am enjoying that like I never thought I would and you dont need anything but a pair of trainers and some running togs. Its pretty much techno free.

BILL S

Guru
Now back from holiday and almost ready to go back on the turbo. Anyone want a league set up for the rest of this month or shall we have a holiday and start it again in October? Must admit to not feeling very motivated. :tired:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Now back from holiday and almost ready to go back on the turbo. Anyone want a league set up for the rest of this month or shall we have a holiday and start it again in October? Must admit to not feeling very motivated. :tired:

I don't blame you. You and me doing the CG races with some unknown Spanish etc. riders is not much fun. With most of the remaining Bkoolers already lurking around on the dark side, I think it is time to jump ship.

With the recent changes to the rules/point system for the Danish Bkool League, I find the motivation fading as well, and will probably only race once or twice a week. I'd rather race on Zwift, at my preferred time of day, even though racing the same lap multiple times, gets a bit boring compared to the various Bkool routes.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
though racing the same lap multiple times, gets a bit boring compared to the various Bkool routes.
Although I've only done one event on the dark side, it's something I agree with you completely, by the time of the fourth lap, I'd started to get bored. The lack of route variation has always been the one thing that has put me off investigating the dark side more thoroughly.

CXRAndy

Guru
Most races are less than an hour and only have 2 loops of the same course generally. If you want it fresh pick the longer single course or short sprint. Zwift has gone the limited option model, which had been highly successful. Keep your users together to encourage competitive spirit. Besides, when racing if you've got time to inspect the scenery, you ain't trying hard enough. ^_^

Endurance rides I tend to run another distraction to keep me entertained but again if you've chosen the correct ride most of your attention will be on the screen trying to stay in the pack

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I always used to have bkool in cartoon mode as I found it easier to follow - I used to look out for the bloke in red trousers and grey top waving - he got about a bit ! But never got bored In bkool or Zwift in a race as concentrating more on the People in front and behind

bobinski

Legendary Member
Although I've only done one event on the dark side, it's something I agree with you completely, by the time of the fourth lap, I'd started to get bored. The lack of route variation has always been the one thing that has put me off investigating the dark side more thoroughly.

Zwiftcast up with a reminder the New York course is coming soon.
TBH I don’t mind the smallish number of courses. There’s enough variety for me and I can always use Zwift preferences to ride a map that’s not available. Familiarity, especially on the more lumpy courses invites me to try some race craft and riding to my relative strengths.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I don't blame you. You and me doing the CG races with some unknown Spanish etc. riders is not much fun. With most of the remaining Bkoolers already lurking around on the dark side, I think it is time to jump ship.

With the recent changes to the rules/point system for the Danish Bkool League, I find the motivation fading as well, and will probably only race once or twice a week. I'd rather race on Zwift, at my preferred time of day, even though racing the same lap multiple times, gets a bit boring compared to the various Bkool routes.

Er.. herm... <clears throat>... whilst I may not join you chaps at the allotted time, I do partake and during August, completed the league... :angel:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Er.. herm... <clears throat>... whilst I may not join you chaps at the allotted time, I do partake and during August, completed the league... :angel:

Sure, but beating your time is not as funny as beating you in real-time. ^_^

Since @AAAC 76C went AWOL, it has just been me and @BILL S either riding the CG together (for like 1 km) or one of us alone against some foreign chaps, usually way slower than both of us. :sad:

Top Bottom