Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I really do have to ask myself "Do I want to battle with BKool support to discover why they have stopped us turning video routes into Cartoony (3D) routes?"

Hi Aledude.
I’ve been putting together a ‘winter tour’ which has meant unloading segments to Bkool, then selecting the convert to 3D button/jobby.... more often than not, it fails to meet their criteria.. however, what I’ve found is, if it’s repeatedly uploaded, it does eventually convert.
Well I've bittten the bullet and sent this off to support
Hi There,

I have uploaded a few routes recently based on my trip to Mallorca. I no longer have the ability to convert them to 3D, which means that if there is an issue with video (Something that happens to regularly IMO, and never satisfactorily resolved) then the only other option is to use the 2D Map view, which is pointless and boring ... may as well take a subscription out to trainer road ... it's also annoying in view of the fact that anyone using a video route is a premium member so should have access to 3D routes in the event of a video streaming issue.

One of the routes in question can be found https://www.bkool.com/profile/detail/4682626

Thanks for looking at this

Tony
Video routes can be one way of getting round the 60Km length limit :whistle: but the video has to be so compressed for that to happen that it's quite poor nad blocky ... hence why I'm splitting them into 30/35Km routes for now. I could try and load up just the Fit or GPX track and then generate a 3D route from that, but I don't actually want to add multiple routes of the same ride, it should be possible to have it all in one 'route' 2D / 3D / Video ... They have until Feb!!!

BILL S

Guru
Dirty bike and no riding. I’m up for the Scotland ride next year if I can line up the time with the Double Devil.

The North Coast 500 looks to be much tougher than the DD if done the Mark Beaumont way. Is this how you guys would intend to do it? 500 miles in one go ?
I struggle to imagine more pain and suffering than the DD or a 24 hour MTB race, but this looks like it would easily surpass them and end in the ultimate suffering and humiliation.
Where do I sign up?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I done the north coast 500 last year and took 5 days - to do it in less than 40 hrs is totally bonkers :wacko:
Only done the single devil on a nice sunny day
Scotland was mid storm when I went up there and without shadow of doubt I know what one I struggled more with !

But would do either again ! ^_^

The North Coast 500 looks to be much tougher than the DD if done the Mark Beaumont way. Is this how you guys would intend to do it? 500 miles in one go ?
I struggle to imagine more pain and suffering than the DD or a 24 hour MTB race, but this looks like it would easily surpass them and end in the ultimate suffering and humiliation.
Where do I sign up?
It maybe a little tough for me to finish it in one day. It all depends on how many gas stations are in between stops and what kind of car I would be driving.
Seriously I may be able to do 100 miles a day. Not the Berty Bassett 160 miles a day.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
It maybe a little tough for me to finish it in one day. It all depends on how many gas stations are in between stops and what kind of car I would be driving.
Seriously I may be able to do 100 miles a day. Not the Berty Bassett 160 miles a day.
I've done more than 500 miles in a day on a bike. But it was this type of bike

bmw-r1200gs-adventure-i1.jpg

Last edited:
Well I've bittten the bullet and sent this off to support

Video routes can be one way of getting round the 60Km length limit :whistle: but the video has to be so compressed for that to happen that it's quite poor nad blocky ... hence why I'm splitting them into 30/35Km routes for now. I could try and load up just the Fit or GPX track and then generate a 3D route from that, but I don't actually want to add multiple routes of the same ride, it should be possible to have it all in one 'route' 2D / 3D / Video ... They have until Feb!!!
Don’t give up. I’m sure I’m not the only one who appreciates your videos.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I have been looking at the 500 too but fancied a more leisurely punt at it...:whistle:^_^

Aye..

My plan is to take approximately 7 days, self supported, which means lugging my bike, tent, clobber n me up over the Bealach na baaaaaaa, then push my bike over the many hills of the west coast, chased by b@stard midges, possibly a detour to Cape Wrath then onwards with the famous Scottish westerly up my @rse..

It’s practically all I think about much to misses B’s disgust.. :eek:

PS. I’ve got a Carbon Boardman and a Triban 540 however I choose to go out on my dilapidated old Dawes (re-named Bored Man), with panniers and bar bag on for fun... in the rain... madness.. just bought mudguards as well.. got quite excited about them...

Last edited:

keithaitch

Veteran
Now back from holiday and almost ready to go back on the turbo. Anyone want a league set up for the rest of this month or shall we have a holiday and start it again in October? Must admit to not feeling very motivated. :tired:
Bill, The weather is turning here in Spain and having recover from several health issues I'm getting back to something like form. I'll be there in October if you set up a league and riding on Thursday evenings. I'll need the rest of this month to try to remeber how things work!

BILL S

Guru
Bill, The weather is turning here in Spain and having recover from several health issues I'm getting back to something like form. I'll be there in October if you set up a league and riding on Thursday evenings. I'll need the rest of this month to try to remeber how things work!

Good man Keith! I'll definitely set up a league for October. After that we can all decide if we'll keep the bkool league running or if we should really just move to the dark side. Hopefully the next league will have a few more participants than in the summer.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I would definitely join your league in October but I wouldn't be able to ride with any of you live I don't think. I do permanent earlies and I'm up at 4.20am so do my rides in the afternoon, as for the dark side, I have tried Zwift a couple of times now and don't know what all the fuss is about tbh, I prefer Bkool myself.

Ooo how exciting.. an afternoon riding partner... bet you’re really fast... oh well... :okay:

Top Bottom