Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BILL S

Guru
Last night was a strange one. I set up the ride by challenging Keith's ride but when I went to load it in the sim the ride had gone. That was at 6:59 so rushed to re-challenge Keith and this time the ride appeared in the sim and I was only a minute or so late. Unfortunately all the bots that Keith had picked also appeared as I had no time to remove them. Anyway the countdown only lasted a few minutes before it somehow went to the 10 second to start so the race started early.
I thought they had fixed any such glitches which I assume is caused by the rider who was challenged having set out early and not waited the full 10 mins and this somehow triggers the race start time. Any thoughts on that?

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Last night was a strange one. I set up the ride by challenging Keith's ride but when I went to load it in the sim the ride had gone. That was at 6:59 so rushed to re-challenge Keith and this time the ride appeared in the sim and I was only a minute or so late. Unfortunately all the bots that Keith had picked also appeared as I had no time to remove them. Anyway the countdown only lasted a few minutes before it somehow went to the 10 second to start so the race started early.
I thought they had fixed any such glitches which I assume is caused by the rider who was challenged having set out early and not waited the full 10 mins and this somehow triggers the race start time. Any thoughts on that?

Sounds like you did well to get the ride on at all.. I can’t see how a ghost could determine the race start time as it was you who set it up in the sim?? Were you spinning when the count down started? It would have been interesting to see if it reverted back to warm up if you started spinning Bill.

Very odd.

Brusgaard

Über Guru

The false start has been a problem in almost all races in the Danish Legaue this season, meaning a lot of late joiners (and newcomers) end up N/Q, because they press YES when asked to start behind last rider. We don't have ghosts and bots in those races. So no, they haven't fixed that problem, only made it worse… :banghead:

I couldn't find you or the route last night, but eventually found you a couple of minutes after 7, and I joined with 7m41s to start. So when you, Keith and the bots started early, I wasn't ready at all. :sad: I didn't start until 15-20 seconds later, and Per another 10-20 seconds after me.

So it was a long hard ride to catch up with the ghost, and he slipped away again (hovering around 10-20s). But on the last km or so, I was able to catch him and finish 4-6 seconds in front of him. :boxing:

BILL S

Guru
Sounds like you did well to get the ride on at all.. I can’t see how a ghost could determine the race start time as it was you who set it up in the sim?? Were you spinning when the count down started? It would have been interesting to see if it reverted back to warm up if you started spinning Bill.

Very odd.
I never stopped spinning at all Jim. Not until I decided the race was about to start and the only thing for me to do was slam on the brake and try to start on time. This was happening to us a while back but hasn't been a problem as far as I'm aware for some time.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I was going to try to get out of work for the race because I'll be working out of town on Saturday. I couldn't get away so I'll set the low limit after work tonight.

Stuck you a nice friendly ghost up for you @Randyberlin - you should quite comfortably beat it. Usual blast off then settled in to spin session to the end.. punchy on the slight inclines..

I look forward to the bingly bong

AAAC 76C

Large Member

I had a strange night last night.
Nuff said!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
PS
Since I have come back from Aruba my blingy blong looks very pale.

Has this turned back into a Darby and Joan Club? Excuse spalling

Top Bottom