Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
It won't make any difference what folder you install it into.

Typical Bkool cock up, the installer is a 32-bit program, although the installed executable is 64-bit, but they install it in the "Program Files (x86)" folder!

If a Windows system has a "Program Files (x86)" that implies it is a 64-bit version, as 32-bit Windows only has "Program Files" and will only run 32-bit programs. 64-Bit Windows uses "Program Files" for native 64-bit programs and has the additional "Program Files (x86)" folder for 32-bit programs which it can also run.

I wonder why they have bothered with a 64-bit version, I doubt it needs more than a 4GB address space (2^32)!

Clutching at straws as to why it fails to run, upgrading to Windows 10 can give problems, a clean install is better if possible. Once you have upgraded to and activated Windows 10, you can then reinstall cleanly (wiping all the existing contents of the hard drive, or at least the system partition) and it should activate with a "digital license key", i.e. Microsoft stores online that your hardware has a valid windows 10 activation, even if it is based on a free upgrade from a previous Windows.

If you can wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows 10 from scratch you may have a more stable system.

You can download a media creator for the latest public build from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/Windows10

Click on "Download tool now"

Edit: You can confirm if you have a 64-bit version of Windows 10 from Settings -> System -> About -> System type.

You can't upgrade directly from a 32-bit version to the 64-bit version, you have to first upgrade online, to get the digital activation key established, then do a clean install of the 64 bit version, overwriting the existing Operating System.

Geoff

Having a go at the install now.
I have a feeling it will go pear shaped.
I downloaded direct to the PC first and then thought make a stick as that may overwrite the whole disk.
Nothing actualling loaded to the stick.
Just turned by laptop on ans the update process has started but I have been on 'Making sure you are ready to install' for a cup of tea + 15 minutes.

shimceltic

Veteran
Hopefully last question, imported a ride from strava into my history but can't see the option to create 3d route, I think I've followed the instructions correctly.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
It won't make any difference what folder you install it into.

Typical Bkool cock up, the installer is a 32-bit program, although the installed executable is 64-bit, but they install it in the "Program Files (x86)" folder!

If a Windows system has a "Program Files (x86)" that implies it is a 64-bit version, as 32-bit Windows only has "Program Files" and will only run 32-bit programs. 64-Bit Windows uses "Program Files" for native 64-bit programs and has the additional "Program Files (x86)" folder for 32-bit programs which it can also run.

I wonder why they have bothered with a 64-bit version, I doubt it needs more than a 4GB address space (2^32)!

Clutching at straws as to why it fails to run, upgrading to Windows 10 can give problems, a clean install is better if possible. Once you have upgraded to and activated Windows 10, you can then reinstall cleanly (wiping all the existing contents of the hard drive, or at least the system partition) and it should activate with a "digital license key", i.e. Microsoft stores online that your hardware has a valid windows 10 activation, even if it is based on a free upgrade from a previous Windows.

If you can wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows 10 from scratch you may have a more stable system.

You can download a media creator for the latest public build from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/Windows10

Click on "Download tool now"

Edit: You can confirm if you have a 64-bit version of Windows 10 from Settings -> System -> About -> System type.

You can't upgrade directly from a 32-bit version to the 64-bit version, you have to first upgrade online, to get the digital activation key established, then do a clean install of the 64 bit version, overwriting the existing Operating System.

Geoff

Cheers GB.
Success on my second go (well third) once I had worked out how to boot from a USB Stick on a Sony VAIO.
Always wondered what the assist button was for!
Loaded it all up and connected my Turbo, Cadence Sensor and HRM
Watched a race, or a bit of one.
Hopefully I am up for it now.
I will try a dry run on my Jack Jones and then join in the next live session I am available for.

See ya'll soon.

Love AAC.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Cheers GB.
Success on my second go (well third) once I had worked out how to boot from a USB Stick on a Sony VAIO.
Always wondered what the assist button was for!
Loaded it all up and connected my Turbo, Cadence Sensor and HRM
Watched a race, or a bit of one.
Hopefully I am up for it now.
I will try a dry run on my Jack Jones and then join in the next live session I am available for.

See ya'll soon.

Love AAC.

PS. If the laptop works then my PC is dormant so I will see what happens if I find my Product Key and try loading win 10 on the PC.
Its got a x86 Processor, will that run 64 bit or just 32?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
PS. If the laptop works then my PC is dormant so I will see what happens if I find my Product Key and try loading win 10 on the PC.
Its got a x86 Processor, will that run 64 bit or just 32?

Unless your PC is at least 15 years old or has an older Atom CPU, it's a 64-bit CPU which will run 64-bit software!

Last edited:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Now I need to shake off the bad back gained when I lifted a concrete plant pot on Sunday.
I knew there was a reason why I had left it where it was after removing the small tree growing in it.

BILL S

Guru
@BILL S casper the friendly ghost available for thursday, I've put a glitch in so it disappears again 2kms from the end to throw you off your pedalling stroke!

Thanks Keith, I will be adding your ghost for tomorrow. When you say your ghost will disappear 2km from the end, I'm not sure if it'll literally disappear or whether it'll just disappear off into the distance and make me eat it's dust (same glitch as last weeks live race) :cycle:

Top Bottom