Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithaitch

Veteran
Ok, I think I found the answer to my question to Jim. He's the info for any other dummy
New, TV-style camera

This summer we brought the Giro, Tour and Vuelta to your home so you could experience first-hand the emotion of the grand tours, and starting now, you’ll be able to do it from different perspectives, just like watching the race on TV.

We’ve included a new 3D camera so you can follow your session just like a TV broadcast. Once you select the camera by pressing the V key on your keyboard, you won’t have to adjust anything else. The views and shots will change automatically to give you the best perspective when you slip in behind your rival’s wheel or go all out on a mountain climb. You’re the star of the show, and we want every session to be a unique experience.

Captura_Sanitas_05.jpg

More details in 3D

Do you recognize the mountains along the route? If you change to video view, you’ll see that we’ve managed to place them in their actual location. And the terrains on each route will be much more realistic from now on, plus we’ll keep adding details as we continue to improve the graphics for each session.

Change the 3D quality to ULTRA and be blown away by the quality of the graphics!

Captura_Sanitas_07.jpg

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Ok, I think I found the answer to my question to Jim. He's the info for any other dummy
New, TV-style camera

This summer we brought the Giro, Tour and Vuelta to your home so you could experience first-hand the emotion of the grand tours, and starting now, you’ll be able to do it from different perspectives, just like watching the race on TV.

We’ve included a new 3D camera so you can follow your session just like a TV broadcast. Once you select the camera by pressing the V key on your keyboard, you won’t have to adjust anything else. The views and shots will change automatically to give you the best perspective when you slip in behind your rival’s wheel or go all out on a mountain climb. You’re the star of the show, and we want every session to be a unique experience.

View attachment 433195

More details in 3D

Do you recognize the mountains along the route? If you change to video view, you’ll see that we’ve managed to place them in their actual location. And the terrains on each route will be much more realistic from now on, plus we’ll keep adding details as we continue to improve the graphics for each session.

Change the 3D quality to ULTRA and be blown away by the quality of the graphics!

View attachment 433196
Wish I'd seen this prior to my Oct Chaingang and CC League rides today :dry:.

Last edited:

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
OK. Who understands PC's

Been back since Friday and have tried to load the new BSim onto my Win 10 laptop.
It originally loaded the programme in C:\Program Files (x86) and would not even run but I believe that this is for 32 bit apps so I forced it to C:\Program Files
It all loads and then launches and I get this.
Did anyone else have this problem or is it my pants Sony Via that has been crap since it converted to Win10

It won't make any difference what folder you install it into.

Typical Bkool cock up, the installer is a 32-bit program, although the installed executable is 64-bit, but they install it in the "Program Files (x86)" folder!

If a Windows system has a "Program Files (x86)" that implies it is a 64-bit version, as 32-bit Windows only has "Program Files" and will only run 32-bit programs. 64-Bit Windows uses "Program Files" for native 64-bit programs and has the additional "Program Files (x86)" folder for 32-bit programs which it can also run.

I wonder why they have bothered with a 64-bit version, I doubt it needs more than a 4GB address space (2^32)!

Clutching at straws as to why it fails to run, upgrading to Windows 10 can give problems, a clean install is better if possible. Once you have upgraded to and activated Windows 10, you can then reinstall cleanly (wiping all the existing contents of the hard drive, or at least the system partition) and it should activate with a "digital license key", i.e. Microsoft stores online that your hardware has a valid windows 10 activation, even if it is based on a free upgrade from a previous Windows.

If you can wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows 10 from scratch you may have a more stable system.

You can download a media creator for the latest public build from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/Windows10

Click on "Download tool now"

Edit: You can confirm if you have a 64-bit version of Windows 10 from Settings -> System -> About -> System type.

You can't upgrade directly from a 32-bit version to the 64-bit version, you have to first upgrade online, to get the digital activation key established, then do a clean install of the 64 bit version, overwriting the existing Operating System.

Geoff

Last edited:

keithaitch

Veteran

Typical Bkool cock up, the installer is a 32-bit program, although the installed executable is 64-bit, but they install it in the "Program Files (x86)" folder!

If a Windows system has a "Program Files (x86)" that implies it is a 64-bit version, as 32-bit Windows only has "Program Files" and will only run 32-bit programs. 64-Bit Windows uses "Program Files" for native 64-bit programs and has the additional "Program Files (x86)" folder for 32-bit programs which it can also run.

I wonder why they have bothered with a 64-bit version, I doubt it needs more than a 4GB address space (2^32)!

Clutching at straws as to why it fails to run, upgrading to Windows 10 can give problems, a clean install is better if possible. Once you have upgraded to and activated Windows 10, you can then reinstall cleanly (wiping all the existing contents of the hard drive, or at least the system partition) and it should activate with a "digital license key", i.e. Microsoft stores online that your hardware has a valid windows 10 activation, even if it is based on a free upgrade from a previous Windows.

If you can wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows 10 from scratch you may have a more stable system.

You can download a media creator for the latest public build from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/Windows10

Edit: You can confirm if you have a 64-bit version of Windows 10 from Settings -> System -> About -> System type.

You can't upgrade directly from a 32-bit version to the 64-bit version, you have to first upgrade online, to get the digital activation key established, then do a clean install of the 64 bit version, overwriting the existing Operating System.

Geoff
Wow, do you do other technical consultancy... For a fee?

JuhaL

Guru
^^ reading those instructions i had a headache :wacko:. One reason more to me to stay apple products. Windows need more patience than Mac.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
^^ reading those instructions i had a headache :wacko:. One reason more to me to stay apple products. Windows need more patience than Mac.
Then talk to those that can't get Zwift to work with their iPads (like @Freelanderuk ). I've not had a single issue with any of the Windows 10 devices I use for BKool, Zwift, BRVR, etc ... They just work ... and more importantly they work the way I want them to rather than the way Apple want me to work! The struggle I have getting apple devices to connect through my perimeter firewall (DHCP Server as well) is incredible, Windows, Linux, and Android devices no issues

JuhaL

Guru
Then talk to those that can't get Zwift to work with their iPads (like @Freelanderuk ). I've not had a single issue with any of the Windows 10 devices I use for BKool, Zwift, BRVR, etc ... They just work ... and more importantly they work the way I want them to rather than the way Apple want me to work! The struggle I have getting apple devices to connect through my perimeter firewall (DHCP Server as well) is incredible, Windows, Linux, and Android devices no issues
You have a point. We all feel comfortable with different things like with computers too. I have never think about to use tablets with indoor trainer or smart phones. I don't trust there performance. With a daily usage Windows is give me more errors than Mac OS. I didn't mean to generalize :smile:.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Thing is that different recievers (WiFi, ANT+ and BT), should just work in any OS. Apple have a strange habit of only supporting a limited number of 'devices' because they want to control the hardware drivers for 'quality' purposes ... good for them ... Microsoft allow the manufacturers to write the drivers providing a Hardware Abstraction Layer to prevent conflicts (mostly) ... Must admit it's been a long time since I was programming at such a low level, not sure I'd want to go back into the hardware layer again. :biggrin:

AAAC 76C

Large Member

Geoff

I have 64 bit WIN 10 that I knew already.
It is a Sony Via ans seams to have its own overlay which I would love to get rid of because it does not appear to be value added.
So how to I go about a fresh install>
If I generate a media creator what do I do with it?

Edit: Doh! instructions are in the Windows Site

CXRAndy

Guru
I don't like Sony Vio PC's they overlap features, which when you do a clean install these features no longer work like battery level indicator. Take the hard drive copy all your photos into new Hp/Dell PC

Top Bottom