Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithaitch

Veteran
Just been looking at the GC and I am shocked and stunned.
I thought I was second to Per by 30 seconds an quite a bit clear of others going into stage 5 but obviously not.
I better drink an extra couple of bottles of wine tonight to ready myself for tomorrows challenge.
The gauntlette is thrown.
Not telling you which stage I am going to re-run though!
A 52 second improvement ,on your own time ,is a big ask, even for you, but good luck, I'll be watching from the sofa after a big ride itrw.

perswe

Über Member
Wot? I thought I had this in the bag. I was just about to go to the bank and cash in my winner’s check. And now even the podium is at risk! The team behind me is disappointed. Team Per had high hopes, but I think this is down to poor coaching. I’d better get a new team. Now, the dirty job of telling my 12 year old son/team coach that he’s fired.

March - bring it on!

BILL S

Guru
I sure appreciate all your work. Thanks again.

Its always been a pleasure Randy. Its suited me the past few years and it's not taken much time at all. Once you know how to do it its only about 15 minutes.
Lately I've not been sure how much longer I'll be using the turbo as I've felt my interest flagging. I guess its a lot to do with the splitters, who I'm a little surprised haven't returned by now. But I've also wondered if we can try to spice things up a bit ourselves, and I think we might have just come across a possibility for that which has been recently mentioned. I'll add my suggestion in the next post or two.
Randy, I heard you might be visiting here again this year and be back in Wales for the DD? Is that the case? Sorry I missed the posts where you've outlined your plans.

keithaitch

Veteran
Wot? I thought I had this in the bag. I was just about to go to the bank and cash in my winner’s check. And now even the podium is at risk! The team behind me is disappointed. Team Per had high hopes, but I think this is down to poor coaching. I’d better get a new team. Now, the dirty job of telling my 12 year old son/team coach that he’s fired.

March - bring it on!
The coaching looks good to me, perhaps it's the rider that's the problem. Just saying, a 12 year old swede crying, goes against all my moral beliefs!

Its always been a pleasure Randy. Its suited me the past few years and it's not taken much time at all. Once you know how to do it its only about 15 minutes.
Lately I've not been sure how much longer I'll be using the turbo as I've felt my interest flagging. I guess its a lot to do with the splitters, who I'm a little surprised haven't returned by now. But I've also wondered if we can try to spice things up a bit ourselves, and I think we might have just come across a possibility for that which has been recently mentioned. I'll add my suggestion in the next post or two.
Randy, I heard you might be visiting here again this year and be back in Wales for the DD? Is that the case? Sorry I missed the posts where you've outlined your plans.
I'm booked to fly into Cardiff for the Double devil. Because it's earlier this year I had better get in shape before then. From there I just have rough plans.

BILL S

Guru
@keithaitch Good News ! :hyper: I just got your ride programmed in as the 2nd stage for the March league. I now know exactly how to do it (assuming this one works) and all I needed was the link you sent. That allowed me to add it to the league direct from your link.
As I mentioned above to Randy, I was wondering if we could spice it up with our leagues by perhaps getting different people to choose a stage for each league and if they provide the link like you did then it'll be easy for me to add in. :smile:

BILL S

Guru
I'm booked to fly into Cardiff for the Double devil. Because it's earlier this year I had better get in shape before then. From there I just have rough plans.
I see! That's great news Randy! I don't know who else is going but that's at least You, me and Adam. Quite a few more too I think.

keithaitch

Veteran

I too have missed the plans, but count me in. This little, reduced, group is the reason that approaching 60 I'm in better shape than I have ever been. I have a race next weekend so don't want to jinx it, but I felt great on a 3000m + climb ride today and that's down to you guys. Today Bill you were sat on my wheel making me dig in up the last climb ... Till I dropped you... Sorry! Thursday is beat @BILL S @perswe and @Brusgaard day, @AAAC 76C you are out of our league (though thankfully still in it) and I appreciate all you do for us. If this league folded for lack of interest I'd be devastated. What ever is needed to keep this going count on me to do my part.

Last edited:

keithaitch

Veteran
@keithaitch Good News ! :hyper: I just got your ride programmed in as the 2nd stage for the March league. I now know exactly how to do it (assuming this one works) and all I needed was the link you sent. That allowed me to add it to the league direct from your link.
As I mentioned above to Randy, I was wondering if we could spice it up with our leagues by perhaps getting different people to choose a stage for each league and if they provide the link like you did then it'll be easy for me to add in. :smile:
I'd love to ride stages that have some meaning for one of us. Of course the nominee is allowed a free tow for the complete stage, starting this month!

That sounds like a chance for me to press my natural talent- extra weight- I'll start looking for the steepest downhill route i can find.
Actually @shimceltic has beaten me in the last downhill route so I may have to think of another plan.
I'm with you that I thought we would get some returnees from the Zwift gang. The closed races and other Bkool strengths are different enough that it has some appeal. It was my thought that when everyone is on a non Bkool trainer there would be no unfair advantage in the races. The big difference in the non Bkool turbos seems to me to be the accuracy and I haven't gotten to the level where that concerns me.

keithaitch

Veteran
That sounds like a chance for me to press my natural talent- extra weight- I'll start looking for the steepest downhill route i can find.
Actually @shimceltic has beaten me in the last downhill route so I may have to think of another plan.
I'm with you that I thought we would get some returnees from the Zwift gang. The closed races and other Bkool strengths are different enough that it has some appeal. It was my thought that when everyone is on a non Bkool trainer there would be no unfair advantage in the races. The big difference in the non Bkool turbos seems to me to be the accuracy and I haven't gotten to the level where that concerns me.
I have no idea about watts, ride till it hurts then push through it... If you can. If you can't you've probably done enough for today so relax and take it easy. Old school.

Top Bottom