Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
After a bit of sleuthing - his profile says 'Bordeaux, France' and he's got a number of Bkool friends who are Elite too (some on Strava who are in the 350w plus club e.g.) so maybe for real...

Whilst we're talking about 'Sport Levels', how meaningful are they - there seems to be quite a spread across the league? FWIW I'm 83kg and FTP of 248w hence my 'Amateur 10'.

Yes, I know his Bkool profile says France, but you can choose whatever you want there. Don't look too much at those levels. I'm "Pro 3", but that was probably a level reached on the Bkool Pro in some 20 minute velodrome ride or a fairy dusted league ride.

My FTP on Zwift on the NEO2 is 291w (3.38wkg). That translates into Active 3 on Bkool, which is probably more in line with real life. One of these days I'll do an FTP test on Bkool to get it set correctly… "One of these days" is currently at 4 years and running. :smile: Doing an FTP test on the Bkool Pro didn't seem sensible, once I knew how inaccurate it might be.

Never done the FTP/Ramp test on Zwift either. I did recently set my Zwift FTP down to 280w from around 300w, and within a race or two I was bumped up to 291w. My ZwiftPower race results is usually around 3.2-3.5wkg, depending on the route lenght/profile, draft etc., so pretty much in line with the 3.38wkg FTP.

Last edited:

Mark68

Über Member
Just a thought occurred to me about people that seem extremely good. What would happen if you had an electric bike? Would you be able to tell.
By the way i don't have one. I guess you would hide you HR measurements

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Just a thought occurred to me about people that seem extremely good. What would happen if you had an electric bike? Would you be able to tell.
By the way i don't have one. I guess you would hide you HR measurements

On the Pro (or any wheel-on trainer) it would be hard to tell, but I guess the consistency of the watts produced would alert someone. I would think it is pretty hard to maintain a real steady watt output on a normal bike, but a motorized bike should be able to.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Not sure about tomorrow. Legs are suffering after yesterdays rides.
Also probably out with the kids all day

Neither of these are acceptable CycleChat excuses... must do better..

Wet day forecast tomorrow, so a catch up day forecast after a bogging week.. 6 stages to do which may conclude with Chaingang Saturday catch up at 5.. 🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲. 🚲🚲

Me n @Randyberlin at the back
I'll be there. Bad week with me also. Worked in Juneau and on call so haven't ridden since Sunday. But off today for the Alaska Day holiday. Rain and wind all day so no fishing and not going to the parade but perfect weather for a Bkool day.

Top Bottom