Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithaitch

Veteran
After a bit of sleuthing - his profile says 'Bordeaux, France' and he's got a number of Bkool friends who are Elite too (some on Strava who are in the 350w plus club e.g.) so maybe for real...

Whilst we're talking about 'Sport Levels', how meaningful are they - there seems to be quite a spread across the league? FWIW I'm 83kg and FTP of 248w hence my 'Amateur 10'.
I agree with what @Brusgaard said. I'm pro 4 based on some dust assisted ride in March,giving a power output of 331w. There's no way I can produce that power over 30 minutes! Being a bit old school I don't have power meters or heart rate meters, just ride till it hurts then keep going as long as you can, but I do try to average 250w on my pro on an non league ride and get it as near to 300 on a league ride. I think I also benefit from being light, 68kgs but I push high gears so get a good w/kg ratio. This style of riding is ok for the distances we do on the trainer but in real life it limits me as I get over tired towards the end of long sportives. I'm trying to increase cadance, riding one gear lower than feels normal to try to use more slow twitch muscles and save the fast twitch for when they are needed.
On another subject, I'm really happy to have just approved a ride from @perswe ,welcome back.

AndyMacca

Just a thought occurred to me about people that seem extremely good. What would happen if you had an electric bike? Would you be able to tell.
By the way i don't have one. I guess you would hide you HR measurements
I sold a 1500w electric MTB earlier this year, absolute beast and great fun but hard to use legally. :evil: Most are hub motors so that rules out 90% of them but you could in theory have a 'mid-mount' motor which drives the crank, something like this.... as tested by 'Dark':whistle:
middrive.JPG

Like @Brusgaard highlighted, you'd maybe need to continually tweak the throttle and do a lot of gear changes to mask the consistency.

shimceltic

Veteran
I agree with what @Brusgaard said. I'm pro 4 based on some dust assisted ride in March,giving a power output of 331w. There's no way I can produce that power over 30 minutes! Being a bit old school I don't have power meters or heart rate meters, just ride till it hurts then keep going as long as you can, but I do try to average 250w on my pro on an non league ride and get it as near to 300 on a league ride. I think I also benefit from being light, 68kgs but I push high gears so get a good w/kg ratio. This style of riding is ok for the distances we do on the trainer but in real life it limits me as I get over tired towards the end of long sportives. I'm trying to increase cadance, riding one gear lower than feels normal to try to use more slow twitch muscles and save the fast twitch for when they are needed.
On another subject, I'm really happy to have just approved a ride from @perswe ,welcome back.
What is your cadence? Also I'm not too happy you accepted perswe as he beat me 😭

I sold a 1500w electric MTB earlier this year, absolute beast and great fun but hard to use legally. :evil: Most are hub motors so that rules out 90% of them but you could in theory have a 'mid-mount' motor which drives the crank, something like this.... as tested by 'Dark':whistle:
View attachment 489516
Like @Brusgaard highlighted, you'd maybe need to continually tweak the throttle and do a lot of gear changes to mask the consistency.
Or...

Is yours set on reverse action?
I knew something was wrong!

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Just a thought occurred to me about people that seem extremely good. What would happen if you had an electric bike? Would you be able to tell.
By the way i don't have one. I guess you would hide you HR measurements
I have a cube agree e-bike. Absolutely love it. When I get my leg back I'll try it on a trainer on one of the platforms as see what happens :whistle:

Top Bottom