Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimceltic

Veteran
Unfortunately, that one will be password protected. :smile:
These Danes scared of some competition? I'm sure the back marker would like someone slower

Brusgaard

Über Guru
These Danes scared of some competition? I'm sure the back marker would like someone slower
Don't you think the lone Dane in the CC races is enough competition for you? :tongue:

Nah, they just don't want to be overrun by hundreds of foreign riders dropping in and out of the race, possibly ruining for the rest of them. The simulator still have problems when handling large number of riders in the same session.

shimceltic

Veteran
Don't you think the lone Dane in the CC races is enough competition for you? :tongue:

Nah, they just don't want to be overrun by hundreds of foreign riders dropping in and out of the race, possibly ruining for the rest of them. The simulator still have problems when handling large number of riders in the same session.
When the are willing to have me as an honoury dane let me know and I'll come along for the ride

shimceltic

Veteran
Brusgaard, how was your ride and how many participate? I joined a live ride with around 20 in and was a few mins down on all others, managed to chase down around 5 people over the course and no people who joined after me came past me so I was quite happy

keithaitch

Veteran
On my rides tonight I noticed that the drafting indicator in the top centre of the screen has changed. No more cyclists just some wavy blue lines. I didn't like it any where near as much as the old graphic. I'm also finding it harder to actually draft since the update, people seem to come past at speed and dint show up until they beyond the draft point. Any thoughts or observations?

shimceltic

Veteran
On my rides tonight I noticed that the drafting indicator in the top centre of the screen has changed. No more cyclists just some wavy blue lines. I didn't like it any where near as much as the old graphic. I'm also finding it harder to actually draft since the update, people seem to come past at speed and dint show up until they beyond the draft point. Any thoughts or observations?
I get the wavy blue but does matter much as I couldn't get the hand of drafting in the last version, just seemed to be me and an other constantly passing each other. Would be nice to have some type of button to press to tell the other person you want to work with them and take turns

I get the wavy blue but does matter much as I couldn't get the hand of drafting in the last version, just seemed to be me and an other constantly passing each other. Would be nice to have some type of button to press to tell the other person you want to work with them and take turns
It was obvious you tried to help me last Saturday before my chain off stop for 30 seconds - by the time I started back up because it was on the hill there was no way I could catch up and if you wanted to wait for me you would have had time to make a pizza 🍕 for after the race.

shimceltic

Veteran
It was obvious you tried to help me last Saturday before my chain off stop for 30 seconds - by the time I started back up because it was on the hill there was no way I could catch up and if you wanted to wait for me you would have had time to make a pizza 🍕 for after the race.
I get you knew I was trying to ride with you but I've never managed to get a good rhythm with anyone..... Thinking aloud if the sim could show the other person you are drafting rpm/watts or whatever would make it easier to keep the pace without accidently overtaking

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I retrospect I agree with that.
I warmed up in the drome and acceleration appears to have been stunted. Spin up to 116 RPM on a 52/11 and nothing happens for quite a while.
If that transfers onto the road then catching a wheel will be difficult because you will not be able to 'accelerate' onto it.

Mark68

Über Member
52/11 .....wish I could ride a 52/11.

I have trouble doing 50/12 sometimes. Usually only happens when the road goes down.
Reminds me do any of the rides ever have headwinds cos it certainly felt like it last night?

shimceltic

Veteran
52/11 .....wish I could ride a 52/11.

I have trouble doing 50/12 sometimes. Usually only happens when the road goes down.
Reminds me do any of the rides ever have headwinds cos it certainly felt like it last night?
Point your fan the other way............
I read that they had implemented wind but can't see anything on the sim to show how much and where its coming from

Brusgaard

Über Guru

I'm pretty sure that the missing cyclists is a bug introduced in V5.05. The wavy lines have always been there together with cyclists. The more green the lines were, the more "in the draft" you were.

Top Bottom