Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimceltic

Veteran
That looks like it's going to be a tough one. Just over 10ks long and downhill apart from a leg zapping climb near the end and an uphill finish.
Sorry in advance to my teammates if I do a rubbish ride.

Also just to check because I haven't actually made the start along with everyone else. The start time is 6 pm GMT with a warm up for 10. Who's name do I search for tomorrow night and also when I search Keith for example do I type Keith (cyclechat)
Or just Keith / Shimceltic / Brusguarrd. Who else can start the rides .
As far as I'm aware Keith will be starting and by searching user Keith just after 6pm should be easy to find the ride. It seems to bring up a duplicate ride at the moment but just select the 1st one wait till 610 and spin!

Mark68

Über Member
I haven't updated in a year but now that it's closer to reality I probably should do the test. For my 200 pounds the algorithm seems slightly off by giving me a bit higher watts on the climbs and a bit less on level and downhill for the same perceived effort. Still it is a ton of fun.
Just had a look to see what itrekons myftp is and I get 242w and to get to the next level I need to get 260 for 30 mins.. well it looks like I'll never get to the next level then😟 I can get to 260w if it only required sustained effort for 10, but that might be pushing it.
Maybe I will do an FTP test on the tacx app and also do one on the Bkool app and see what results are from both.

Mark68

Über Member
As far as I'm aware Keith will be starting and by searching user Keith just after 6pm should be easy to find the ride. It seems to bring up a duplicate ride at the moment but just select the 1st one wait till 610 and spin!
Ok thanks. Hopefully I will virtually see you all tomorrow

keithaitch

Veteran
That looks like it's going to be a tough one. Just over 10ks long and downhill apart from a leg zapping climb near the end and an uphill finish.
Sorry in advance to my teammates if I do a rubbish ride.

Also just to check because I haven't actually made the start along with everyone else. The start time is 6 pm GMT with a warm up for 10. Who's name do I search for tomorrow night and also when I search Keith for example do I type Keith (cyclechat)
Or just Keith / Shimceltic / Brusguarrd. Who else can start the rides .
The bad news is that this was to be the easy one this month, at least it will be the shortest in terms of time. I'll be starting it as usual. Hoping for a good turn out and that the slow ridiculously laggy starts that put me 5 seconds behind everybody else after the first 200m that I was experiencing are a thing of the past as per my last couple of rides.
BTW my contact in bkool confirmed, among other things that the winter cup will be up and running soon, that they weren't sure about the nations cup, that they had exciting surprises for q1 2020 and that they were aware that the new drafting was crap and would be making improvements.
See you all tomorrow.

Last edited:

shimceltic

Veteran
The bad news is that this was to be the easy one this month, at least it will be the shortest in terms of time. I'll be starting it as usual. Hoping for a good turn out and that the slow ridiculously laggy starts that put me 5 seconds behind everybody else after the first 200m that I was experiencing are a thing of the past as per my last couple of rides.
BTW my contact in bkool confirmed, among other things that the winter cup will be up and running soon, that they weren't sure about the nations cup, that they had exciting surprises for q1 2020 and that they were aware that the new drafting was crap and would be making improvements.
See you all tomorrow.
Good work and much appreciated

keithaitch

Veteran
Has anybody else joined the beta testing program and if so is it compatible with running the normal version of the sim?

keithaitch

Veteran
Has anybody else joined the beta testing program and if so is it compatible with running the normal version of the sim?
Have just installed the beta version and there are two positives to report.
1. The number and names of cyclists is shown at the screen you get when you click on a route but before you start the session so you know who is there before entering.
2. The drafting graphic is back to the white cyclists in front and behind you making drafting much easier. I don't know if the drafting effect has been changed back or not. I'll report after further testing this afternoon when I warm up for tonight's thrash!

keithaitch

Veteran
OK, will update mine tonight to see if any of the other bugs are fixed, and which new are introduced. ^_^

Please approve (valid) league attempts tonight as soon as possible, as I might give it a go with the ghosts, when I get home. :smile:
ok, as soon as they appear I'll approve them, hopefully as it's a short route by 20:00, but sometimes it takes a while for them to appear for approval.

Top Bottom