Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Bloody pc crashed half way and i was right behind per when it happened so i had to restart, I've now got a fan blowing cool air so it should stop that from happening again as it seems to happen more in live rides.
Seemed so much harder second time around.

microkid

Keith, I added some additional statistics to the sheet, individual times and ranking :smile:

Looking at these times the pressure is on. After Breedon redoes his ride I may not be able to be faster than the slowest time +10% so I can take a tip from the video I saw where a pro pretended to crash and just laid down next to his bike.... it may take a minute to get it off the turbo and the floor will be cold cement but I’m willing to make the sacrifice for team green.

shimceltic

Veteran
Looking at these times the pressure is on. After Breedon redoes his ride I may not be able to be faster than the slowest time +10% so I can take a tip from the video I saw where a pro pretended to crash and just laid down next to his bike.... it may take a minute to get it off the turbo and the floor will be cold cement but I’m willing to make the sacrifice for team green.
Don't do what I did and smash the 1st 2km then was struggling the last 8!

microkid

Looking at these times the pressure is on. After Breedon redoes his ride ...
Wait, what? Do we allow re-rides? I do not approve. To have a fair competition, everyone should just have 1 go. Not everyone has the strenght to re-do a ride. Just like in real life during the Tour de France: you have one attempt only.

Last edited:

shimceltic

Veteran
Wait, what? Do we allow re-rides? I do not approve. To have a fair competition, everyone should just have 1 go. Not everyone has the strenght to re-do a ride. Just like in real life during the Tour de France: you have one attempt only.
There is the live reride Saturday and you can do any stage at anytime as many times as you want. Most just do the 2 live ones as there's better things to do than try and shave 3 seconds off your previous time

Mark68

Über Member
Ahhh phew that was a tough evening.

Kudos to microkid, well done on a great ride. For skittle bit it looked like we were taking turns on the front and I thought hey that's cool. I knew it was going to be tough finishing in front of microkid cos I was really blowing early on. I suppose it was very similar to a time trial.
As Shimceltic also said I set off too hard for the first couple of is and started to pay for it.
Towards the end I knew it was going to be a good tussle between us and when you went past me I didn't react quickly enough. I think my HR must have been very close to max as well.
Well done all and YEAH I actually managed to join the session and complete it without anything going wrong 😀

Mark68

Über Member
Also straight after finishing for a 'cool down' I went and joined the Galibier 16k! Not quite sure why, but after a couple of ks I thought oh well may aswell finish it.
It's one I have been fancying for a while. That and the alpe d'huez.
There's a thing. What about a group ride once a month featuring one of the classic climbs? I wouldn't have a clue how to set it up though😳

shimceltic

Veteran
Also straight after finishing for a 'cool down' I went and joined the Galibier 16k! Not quite sure why, but after a couple of ks I thought oh well may aswell finish it.
It's one I have been fancying for a while. That and the alpe d'huez.
There's a thing. What about a group ride once a month featuring one of the classic climbs? I wouldn't have a clue how to set it up though😳

Top Bottom