Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
It's been a year or so since I've left the BKool platorm. I know there have been many improvements :thumbsup: (and new bugs :sad:) to the bsim but I'd like to know what the training plans are now like.

When I left they were very, very, very basic. IIRC you could train for weight loss or an upcoming long distance ride. The individual scheduled sessions within the plan were very basic.

Have Bkool improved the plans along the lines of Zwift, Sufferfest etc. or are they still the same basic plans they had. If they have improved I'd possibly advise my brothers to switch to save money.

perswe

Über Member
is
I think pedaling faster is the only answer. Seriously though, and I don't know if it was always this way but in my quest to increase my cadence in order to try to conserve my fast twitch muscles I've noticed that a higher cadence produces more watts than a more powerful pedal stroke so am trying to drop down a gear or two which seems to give me more watts and therefore speed especially on down hill stretches.
No, for the next few rides I think you should focus on the low cadence gears. Aim for something like 40 rpm tops! We do not need a faster Keith:tongue:

I spin like froome but, I am beginning to suspect, on different gears. Come to think of it, apart from the cadence we have very little else In common.^_^

keithaitch

Veteran
I tried setting, unsuccessfully to set one up a couple of weeks ago. It wouldn't let me program 7 sessions a week so I didn't set it up!
It's been a year or so since I've left the BKool platorm. I know there have been many improvements :thumbsup: (and new bugs :sad:) to the bsim but I'd like to know what the training plans are now like.

When I left they were very, very, very basic. IIRC you could train for weight loss or an upcoming long distance ride. The individual scheduled sessions within the plan were very basic.

Have Bkool improved the plans along the lines of Zwift, Sufferfest etc. or are they still the same basic plans they had. If they have improved I'd possibly advise my brothers to switch to save money.

Marco72

just chiming in again, returning from a small hiatus. Had a full week of laboring last week and then came down with a sinus infection, none of which is very conducive to riding, but have now returned to almost for health so looking forward to winning downhills again lol ^_^

just chiming in again, returning from a small hiatus. Had a full week of laboring last week and then came down with a sinus infection, none of which is very conducive to riding, but have now returned to almost for health so looking forward to winning downhills again lol ^_^
Check out the 4th stage. It's our kind of ride!

shimceltic

Veteran
Thursday is here time to suffer as you claw back the seconds you are behind whoever it is that you are seconds behind! I'll be starting it tonight. Here is a link to the monthly chaingang newsletter!! who knew! I hope to produce one at the end of each month but probably wont!
https://s.docworkspace.com/docs/3qy8GAimc
See you all tonight in North Carolina...I think
Great work on the news letter and the league in general. Also a good way to dump me and Randy bacause we sit at the back of the peleton chatting! I will try to complete this month's last ride on Sunday unless it will be closed by then?

keithaitch

Veteran
Great work on the news letter and the league in general. Also a good way to dump me and Randy bacause we sit at the back of the peleton chatting! I will try to complete this month's last ride on Sunday unless it will be closed by then?
It should still be available on Sunday. Monday is the day without league to allow me to do admin.

Last edited:

keithaitch

Veteran
Who said I was dumping @Randyberlin?

Last edited:

owdgeezer

Regular
When in ERG mode I find it better to be in the small ring at the front and mid point on the cassette. This normally allows a reasonable cadence, for me 85 to 95, for any power level. The trainer will try to have a resistance for the required power at the speed of the trainer. This is easier for the trainer at lower speeds.

There is an effect where you get into the spiral of death. The power level is requested but the trainer works out that at the current speed the resistance is too low so ups the resistance. This can, if the power level required is high enough, cause the cadence to drop and therefore the speed will go down. Which means the power required is not being produced so the trainer increases the resistance and round and round.

What you need to do is allow the trainer to catch up with you. An increase in power required is simple and the resistance goes up, you just need to maintain the cadence. A drop is slightly more problematic. You need to maintain you cadence and allow the trainer to adjust. This can take several seconds. Allow the trainer to do the adjustment work don't try to do it. You may be outside the lines for a few seconds but it will not hurt the overall rating of the workout.

TL : DR
Maintain your cadence, let the trainer do the work.
Many thanks 'theboxers' :boxing: once I've dumped this cold I'll get back on the turbo and try out your recommendation, thanks again :okay:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Thursday is here time to suffer as you claw back the seconds you are behind whoever it is that you are seconds behind! I'll be starting it tonight. Here is a link to the monthly chaingang newsletter!! who knew! I hope to produce one at the end of each month but probably wont!

Most likely won't be there for the start at 6 PM, due to another parents meeting at the football club. If I make it home "shortly" after 6 PM, ie. before 6.30, I might join the race late. Maybe that will put a scare into the riders at the back and spur them on for an extra effort. :smile:

If not, I'll be there at the start Saturday!

Bored Man

Upstanding Member

Bravo Keithy :notworthy:

perswe

Über Member
Great newsletter @keithaitch . Thanks for all the work you put into your admin task! It is very appreciated, even when at 8% uphill with 5kms to go to the top.

Who said I was dumping @Randyberlin?
Sadly I'll be on the injured reserve list. I had an MRI on Monday needed to get a steroid injection for an ongoing lumbar spinal stenosis problem and they found a synovial cyst on the cervical spine. So I have a referral to a neurosurgeon in Seattle and will get the surgery next month.
The good news is my team green contract will allow me to keep my salary and endorsements while I'm on the bench for the next 6 weeks.
Maybe you could start tryouts today. @Goldwolfie if you make the team don't be too disheartened if you hear" oh he's OK but he's no Berlin on the downhills. Now there's a real trencherman! "

keithaitch

Veteran
Sadly I'll be on the injured reserve list. I had an MRI on Monday needed to get a steroid injection for an ongoing lumbar spinal stenosis problem and they found a synovial cyst on the cervical spine. So I have a referral to a neurosurgeon in Seattle and will get the surgery next month.
The good news is my team green contract will allow me to keep my salary and endorsements while I'm on the bench for the next 6 weeks.
Maybe you could start tryouts today. @Goldwolfie if you make the team don't be too disheartened if you hear" oh he's OK but he's no Berlin on the downhills. Now there's a real trencherman! "
Take care and recover quick, you will be missed. March's league will be a @Randyberlin special all downhills... Except for the flat one, the rolling one and the uphill one!

Top Bottom