Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithaitch

Veteran
Thanks for the welcome to the league. I'm interested in the rides you do on Thursday evenings. What's the best way to know which ride you are all doing? Is it Bkool Simulator, live search, cycle chat?
Just to second what @Bored Man said,search for me in routes and then Keithaitch as a filter. I start the ride as close to 18:00 UK TIME as is humanly possible and then there is the ten minute countdown and we all slowly fly off the line at 18:10. Look forward to seeing you this week though I doubt you'll thank me afterwards!

shimceltic

Veteran
I had a vivoactive non hr version but since I got the Elemnt and wrist hr monitor on the advice of @Whorty and @theboxers i never use it.
I picture you sitting by the pool worrying about what is for second afternoon snack. Poor guy I feel for you.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Guys, I've completed November - Warm up to winter by Tour CycleChat. I know that there is also chaingang league.
When you talk about league here, are you reffering to leagues by: CycleChat Chain gang or by Tour CycleChat?

Anything to do with CycleChat BKool virtual cycling can be discussed here @Novak82 - it is positively encouraged. Well done on completing Tour CycleChat November.. 🚲🚲👍

keithaitch

Veteran
Which one? Chain gang?
Yes, 90%of the references to league here are to the chain gang league. Apply to join and I'll approve you immediately, in time for Thursdays race.

perswe

Über Member
Apparently the cracking and then fracturing of shimano fc 6800 ultegra cranks is a known problem and they will replace it with a r8000 crank WHEN IT CRACKS! This has caused a few accidents and if you have an ultegra crank set you should check it out and hopefully you clean your bike often enough to notice it before it becomes critical. I've contacted shimano, but they haven't replied yet but I'll be taking it in to my wonderful lbs and asking them to get it replaced. In the meantime I'll be on my second bike for a while so probably no chance of pegging back @AAAC 76C this month and I expect @perswe @BILL S @Mark68 and @Brusgaard to show no mercy and kick me while I'm down.
Nah, I think you will have your way with us on any given bike. Btw, I did change front wheel for the Thursday ride and will try to tuck in my elbows to be more aero for the downhill parts, hoping these minor changes might award me better watt readings.

keithaitch

Veteran
Nah, I think you will have your way with us on any given bike. Btw, I did change front wheel for the Thursday ride and will try to tuck in my elbows to be more aero for the downhill parts, hoping these minor changes might award me better watt readings.
is
I think pedaling faster is the only answer. Seriously though, and I don't know if it was always this way but in my quest to increase my cadence in order to try to conserve my fast twitch muscles I've noticed that a higher cadence produces more watts than a more powerful pedal stroke so am trying to drop down a gear or two which seems to give me more watts and therefore speed especially on down hill stretches.

Top Bottom