Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyMacca

1592421693179.png

I had to look that one up.

BKIain

Great ride @Brusgaard and @Mark68 I enjoyed that. Nearly got back to @Brusgaard but then he kicked again. @AndyMacca you're on another level!

AndyMacca

AndyMacca

Great ride @Brusgaard and @Mark68 I enjoyed that. Nearly got back to @Brusgaard but then he kicked again. @AndyMacca you're on another level!
Thanks but I think the wattbike/bkool combo flatter me, in the real world I think you guys are faster. Saw @Brusgaard avg 33kmh+ for two hours recently I just set my hr record at 32kmh a couple of days ago or maybe my RW bike is crap :laugh:
Yeah good ride though, the drafting and riding together adds a nice element to it. We had a nice little peleton working together then i jumped across to @Brusgaard and we made a break till the keithy train came past.

keithaitch

Veteran
Yes, I felt this morning's ride in the middle bit but then got fourth wind and went for it. If you'd put more distance into i might have cracked but once i started to catch you that was all the incentive i needed. You've improved hugely over this season, we'll done.
BTW has anybody had problems with extension leads to get the ant+ dongle near the sim unit. I had problems with connection and got a cable. I actually think the problems were due to changing the usb port on the computer but now occasionally with the cable connected to the correct port it just drops out sbd then reconnects with a corresponding swift drop in watts and speed. Any ideas? I think I'll go back to the dongle directly in the computer and see what happens.

AndyMacca

Yes, I felt this morning's ride in the middle bit but then got fourth wind and went for it. If you'd put more distance into i might have cracked but once i started to catch you that was all the incentive i needed. You've improved hugely over this season, we'll done.
BTW has anybody had problems with extension leads to get the ant+ dongle near the sim unit. I had problems with connection and got a cable. I actually think the problems were due to changing the usb port on the computer but now occasionally with the cable connected to the correct port it just drops out sbd then reconnects with a corresponding swift drop in watts and speed. Any ideas? I think I'll go back to the dongle directly in the computer and see what happens.
Thanks Keith, I was pooped, I spent any reserves in the first half and just hung on for the rest.

Since switching from tablet to Windows 10 PC I've only had problems getting the ant+ dongle to work with my Garmin 'premium' HRM for a few weeks even with the USB extension lead, but the bikes always connected ok. Once I switched to a generic Chinese HRM no more issues *touches wood*. So it was inconclusive if the extension lead was even needed, still I've left it connected. Yes I'd suggest trying the dongle direct in the port and maybe another extension cable if you've got one.

Mark68

Über Member
I have a usb ant+ receiver straight into my laptop. It receives from my tacx really well without any dropouts.
Only problem I have is I'm not fit enough to keep up with you guys in front.

We'll done @keithaitch for the win @AndyMacca for keeping the lead for so long.
Shame I couldn't stay with you @Brusgaard and @BKIain . I tried so hard but just didn't have the legs. It was really good riding with you two while it lasted then @Brusgaard gave it some beans just after the final downhill and lost me. Then it was your turn @BKIain to give it beans and drop me.
Good riding everyone.

I have an extension and never have problems with it dropping out. Like you said I have had to change USB ports on the cpu when setting it up ( now using a mini mac) But very stable. When I go back and forth between beta and regular it always loses the HR monitor..

Top Bottom