Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Eyup.. I’m getting close to renewing my subscription again and in the market for a new direct drive trainer - I’m looking at the Tacx Flux 2. Has anyone had any experience with this trainer please?

Ta

Jim

*edit - I’m a Yorkshire dude thriving in the land of the Scot - I’m on a budget.. Ken!

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Eyup.. I’m getting close to renewing my subscription again and in the market for a new direct drive trainer - I’m looking at the Tacx Flux 2. Has anyone had any experience with this trainer please?

Ta

Jim

*edit - I’m a Yorkshire dude thriving in the land of the Scot - I’m on a budget.. Ken!

Go for the KICKR Core instead at about the same price.

Ta

Jim

I wanted to go with the Saris H3 but it was on back order too long. I’m extremely happy with the 2T but it did feel like too much $ for a guy of my level of riding. Still I use it about every day and so I guess it was worth it.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I wanted to go with the Saris H3 but it was on back order too long. I’m extremely happy with the 2T but it did feel like too much $ for a guy of my level of riding. Still I use it about every day and so I guess it was worth it.

Yes, the H3 should be a nice trainer too, but quite a bit more expensive than the Flux 2 / Core (about 25%), at least here in Denmark. But the H3 is Saris’ top model, so maybe it should be compared to the KICKR and NEOs, and then it is much cheaper.

keithaitch

Veteran
@Bored Man after a bit of investigation i decided, also with a limited budget, keeping all these bikes maintained for the real world is not cheap, that the kickr core looked the best value in terms of cost benefit. As the weather here is still gorgeous i haven't given it anything but a cursory workout, but it was as silent as a night approaching Christmas and felt really good. If you can wait a couple of weeks I'll be able to give you better feed back. Of course if I can't hold @AndyMacca wheel in the league or catch @shimceltic in the handicap then it will be available very cheaply on eBay and I'll be back on the pro2.

keithaitch

Veteran
IMG-20200824-WA0017.jpg

Swimming pool at the ex house of ill repute where we are staying. We have done nothing to rectify its reputation.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
@Randyberlin did you pop into McD's after the ride. I wanted to, but am in isolation for another 4 days :sad: View attachment 543209
Need a nice ride, that looks pretty good ... although If you guys want to I'm going to jump on Col de Femenia and Puig Major (East) in half an hour or so ... Getting back into BRVR since the weekend, Zwift's not doing it for me :sad:

keithaitch

Veteran
Need a nice ride, that looks pretty good ... although If you guys want to I'm going to jump on Col de Femenia and Puig Major (East) in half an hour or so ... Getting back into BRVR since the weekend, Zwift's not doing it for me :sad:
Each to their own but i found zwift too gamey, and am happy to have refound big ring and to really exploring it this winter. I'm actually looking forward to a winter of 3/4 virtual rides a week; bkool league and handicap and big ring and 3/4 real world rides a week depending on the weather. Any chance of you riding with us on bkool again, we'd love to see you.

shimceltic

Veteran
If I didn't get a bkool machine I'd be on Zwift as never heard of the software. Tried zwift but didn't do more than 10 mins on the trial.

Aleman

Each to their own but i found zwift too gamey, and am happy to have refound big ring and to really exploring it this winter. I'm actually looking forward to a winter of 3/4 virtual rides a week; bkool league and handicap and big ring and 3/4 real world rides a week depending on the weather. Any chance of you riding with us on bkool again, we'd love to see you.
Zwift is OK, Yeah quite gamey, but races can be fun, especially the Hare n Hounds type. Finally managed to get some real life rides in on the tandem and solo, and that has convinced me to get back into BRVR rather than zwift ... BKool unfortunately can do one, unless they offer 12 months at £1 a month again

Zwift is OK, Yeah quite gamey, but races can be fun, especially the Hare n Hounds type. Finally managed to get some real life rides in on the tandem and solo, and that has convinced me to get back into BRVR rather than zwift ... BKool unfortunately can do one, unless they offer 12 months at £1 a month again
Don’t forget BKOOL has these great videos from a dude Who goes by Aleman...Oh wait climbing up that Birks Brow once was enough. Never mind.

Attachments

• F14C8CB7-28FF-44D2-B4F5-61C85C7F8B1F.png
    F14C8CB7-28FF-44D2-B4F5-61C85C7F8B1F.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 5
Over here you can pick up a cheap yearly subscription on Ebay.

Aleman

Bkool "forgot" to stop charging my debit card for my monthly subs ... For some considerable time after I cancelled 🤬 As we are aware of the quality of support, it took ages before they cancelled it after I repeatedly queried it ... Unfortunately according to the TS and C's no refund of subscription fees is possible! As I used a debit card, I can't get a refund from my EX bank either!

Top Bottom