Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
hi guys, just wondering, is there a reason some of you are still doing virtual rides instead of real life rides? Or might the real life rides not be allowed in your country due to covid-19?
This is the second wettest summer in recorded history in Sitka. Covid is just starting to flare up here. I hope the Netherlands is staying safe. I see you're putting in some great looking rides outside.
I was supposed to do a tour in Scandinavia. Next year I hope if there is a vaccine.

Last edited:
@shimceltic ,
Out of Arrochar? (Could be a filum title)
I think I saw that. Matt Damon played the part of @shimceltic and Dwayne Johnson played Jim Brown. I heard they used a fake Trek Emonda 7 with a n electric motor and copied the custom paint job of"the bored man" bike. The stunt where they jumped the ferry ramp took 4 takes and ruined 8 backup bikes and one stunt man got two black eyes. Also the trained bull on Loch Lommand head butted the rock during the comic picnic scene.
pineapple fritter production s made 180 million on the opening weekend.

Attachments

• 49AEAD1D-3CF0-429F-A077-6FB6AE6DD4B4.png
    49AEAD1D-3CF0-429F-A077-6FB6AE6DD4B4.png
    214.8 KB · Views: 4

keithaitch

Veteran
Guys, The September handicap league, which starts on 8/9 has been published. If anybody new wants to take part just let me know and I'll allocate you a handicap and add you to the handicap chat forum. Sessions are every Tuesday at 18:00 Uk , 19:00 cet time. The spreadsheet with handicaps and results, are in the handicap tab of the google doc linked in my signature below.
I'll be publishing September's regular league in the next next couple of days.

Guys, The September handicap league, which starts on 8/9 has been published. If anybody new wants to take part just let me know and I'll allocate you a handicap and add you to the handicap chat forum. Sessions are every Tuesday at 18:00 Uk , 19:00 cet time. The spreadsheet with handicaps and results, are in the handicap tab of the google doc linked in my signature below.
Keith,
Not quite there for me but thanks for doing this. I don't know where you find the time between those stunning real world rides. Unless you've figured out how to fake the peddling on your part of the tandem and have your partner doing all the work. Hmm ever notice Keith doesn't break a sweat on those rides?

keithaitch

Veteran
Keith,
Not quite there for me but thanks for doing this. I don't know where you find the time between those stunning real world rides. Unless you've figured out how to fake the peddling on your part of the tandem and have your partner doing all the work. Hmm ever notice Keith doesn't break a sweat on those rides?
Rumbled

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Good timing Sir.
Acid reflux under control and the knee I knackered doing tiling is getting better.
I think I also twatted it on the dash of my wife's SUV getting in because she had the audacity to move the seat forward when she drove her car just before I did.
I even had to give up my lunchtime runs because of it but that wasn't before my running 'friend', an ex Army PTI who has moved into the road behind me, had to slow down because he was getting some form of heart arrhythmia.
And so next week it is all go again.
I better fire up my PC and download all of those super cool BSim improvements that must have been released in my absense.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Good timing Sir.
Acid reflux under control and the knee I knackered doing tiling is getting better.
I think I also twatted it on the dash of my wife's SUV getting in because she had the audacity to move the seat forward when she drove her car just before I did.
I even had to give up my lunchtime runs because of it but that wasn't before my running 'friend', an ex Army PTI who has moved into the road behind me, had to slow down because he was getting some form of heart arrhythmia.
I better fire up my PC and download all of those super cool BSim improvements that must have been released in my absense.
Nice to see you back @AAAC 76C. Hope your recovery is better than mine 👍.

keithaitch

Veteran
Good timing Sir.
Great to have you back. I too have banged my knee on the steering which has not been raised, so no, you won't be getting a reduction in your handicap until at least week 3! We all know you are the original 🐺 in 🐑 clothing!

@shimceltic ,
Did you see on Strava, Ryan Lawman is getting 1000 miles between charges on his force etap? Looks like the perfect groupset. Did you have to replace your seatpost? How comfortable is that geometry on a 100 mile day?

shimceltic

Veteran
@shimceltic ,
Did you see on Strava, Ryan Lawman is getting 1000 miles between charges on his force etap? Looks like the perfect groupset. Did you have to replace your seatpost? How comfortable is that geometry on a 100 mile day?
Seatpost is fine, went lower with a bit of force! It was comfortable enough yesterday and scarily fast on descents. Unfortunately it threw the chain another 2 times so it was back in the shop this morning. They have fiddled some more and moved the chain catcher so hopefully now it will be as it should have been. Passed an American in the dales on an aluminium de rossa. Nice bike

AndyMacca

@AndyMacca .

Seriously 8 minutes! Thanks for not just an email of shame but an email of humiliation. I am keeping a close eye out for a ride where you get called to the phone in the middle or lose your chain etc. Then look out.
Didn't realize it sent those out without a challenge as it was just the 'featured ride' I jumped into, tried to make the front but I've lost some of my cake powered descent skills. With the handicap league looming I pushed till the end but still couldn't catch one geezer up.
If it's any consolation my left knee has started hurting just above the knee cap so I'll be taking it easy for a bit. Not sure if it was this ride or the club ride I did the night before, their speedy guy showed up and we did a few sprints together in the second half. It was really good fun being tested in the real world and I even pushed up my record powers for 10 and 20seconds set indoors which must've meant we were hitting it hard as my Wattbike I suspect is 5% generous - another thing you should bear in mind, you should dock me some Stirling time for that!.

Anyway you can always do this:
1598083478825.png
:smile:

Nice to see you back @AAAC 76C. Hope your recovery is better than mine 👍.
Dude! Slow down. You go all the way to New Zealand and push me?
Big ring ride on now better quit posting and get pushing.

Edit: Oh yeah! After 27 miles I beat you by 47 seconds. Good thing you didn’t know we were racing.

Attachments

• A1FB6575-2987-4B2B-9A7D-7E81A86D73E1.jpeg
    A1FB6575-2987-4B2B-9A7D-7E81A86D73E1.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 46CAC3A7-27B5-442F-A3F9-4DD9D0243A25.jpeg
    46CAC3A7-27B5-442F-A3F9-4DD9D0243A25.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 5F230BB8-6BF9-4FEE-AC57-777CD286896B.jpeg
    5F230BB8-6BF9-4FEE-AC57-777CD286896B.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Top Bottom