Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@shimceltic .
The 40 mile hilly ride on Strava makes me think you got the seat adjusted. How is that electronic Force groupset? From that profile you must have had lots of opportunity to shift.

shimceltic

Veteran
@shimceltic .
The 40 mile hilly ride on Strava makes me think you got the seat adjusted. How is that electronic Force groupset? From that profile you must have had lots of opportunity to shift.
Dropped chain 3 times and it wedged between chain catcher and frame....
Took it back for adjustment today so hopefully not gonna happen again.
The bike is rapid and plenty of gears to play with.
I think we are doing 100 miles on Thursday with 10,000ft of climbs 👀

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Dropped chain 3 times and it wedged between chain catcher and frame....
Took it back for adjustment today so hopefully not gonna happen again.
The bike is rapid and plenty of gears to play with.
I think that was the issue in the Pro Peloton when they used 1X drive trains. I do remember one of the early adopter teams having loads of mechanical issues ... then the mechanicals stopped ... They went back to a 2X setup :biggrin:

@Randyberlin, I might go to arrochar next week if I can't find a new puppy. Where did you stay and any tips
The Arrochar hotel. It’s an older hotel that gets bus loads of tourists.

https://www.bespokehotels.com/arrocharhotel

I tore my hamstring falling off my bike in front of the hotel and ended up staying an extra day. Because of the injury I missed riding with Jimmie. It turned out to be a level 3 tear so I paid the price on the rest of my ride. I rode to Edinburgh and the caught a train to Cardiff. I would love to go back. And my wife really wants to go. She has seen the videos @Bored Man made.
I took the trail to loch Lomand then a ferry ride to the Other side then rode to Stirling. Everywhere I rode were either off the highway trails or low traffic roads. On one farm road I had an impressive sheep delay where a guy on a 4 wheeler said a few things to his boarder Collies and they moved the sheep around me like playing Tetris.

Last edited:

shimceltic

Veteran
The spec on the Trek site looked like semi compact front chainrings. Not sure because the phone ended up covered in drool. That is one nice bike! What is the drivetrain? 12 speed cassette it looked like. So 24 gears!! Crazy

I'm on the middle xrange gearing coming from the bottom traditional. So looks like I've lost an easy gear but I didn't notice anything on the ride. Maybe I will tomorrow when cycling https://cyclinguphill.com/100-climbs/park-rash/.

microkid

hi guys, just wondering, is there a reason some of you are still doing virtual rides instead of real life rides? Or might the real life rides not be allowed in your country due to covid-19?

Top Bottom