Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've requested to join. It sure how many stages I'll manage but can't pass up on the offer to ride in Italy 🇮🇹
I also asked to join.

@Bored Man
Are you done breaking in your boots?

keithaitch

Veteran
View attachment 559550
Good morning.
My friend AndC79 and I have created a Championship for the Christmas period; to try to virtually spend the Christmas period together and to try to alleviate the discomforts of the pandemic.
Anyone of you who wants to go for a ride in Italy is welcome. We have recently tried our hand at creating a Championship in Bkool; but we have already experienced the difficulties deriving from a truly bizarre system of creating and researching paths ...
For the moment, we have not yet set any scheduled dates and times to run the races all together. For now, we have chosen to let the stages go through freely, when desired, over the scheduled period. So, on days when you are not busy with your Cyclechat Championship, if you wish, you could go through these stages as training.
Good rides and good evening.

https://my.bkool.com/classification/showIndividualLeagueClassification/5835
Well done in creating a league I can confirm how difficult and frustrating it is! and you have selected some nice stages by the look of them. I've asked to join and will do my best to complete all four stages.

Rod McG

Über Member
After a long time i have start to ride on Bkool. Today i ride Casa de Campo 39km long route with 400m elevation. Have to say it was much harder to ride that course with Elite Drivo 2 than compare to Bkool Pro1 trainer. I also noticed slope reduction slide bar as well in a settings, is that possible to use only when i do solo ride?.
I think that you can only adjust the slope when you set up the ride, others joining it cannot do it at a different slope reduction. This is a shame as it would give an alternative way of handicapping a race. In theory, if each was able to set a different slope reduction, the slower ones could be level with the fast guys for the whole race!

inesfra

Well done in creating a league I can confirm how difficult and frustrating it is! and you have selected some nice stages by the look of them. I've asked to join and will do my best to complete all four stages.
Thanks keith!
I wait for you on the streets of my house!

microkid

After a long time i have start to ride on Bkool. Today i ride Casa de Campo 39km long route with 400m elevation. Have to say it was much harder to ride that course with Elite Drivo 2 than compare to Bkool Pro1 trainer. I also noticed slope reduction slide bar as well in a settings, is that possible to use only when i do solo ride?.
Correct. Slope reduction is always disabled in group rides/races. Only available in single mode, but then your results are not listed.

JuhaL

Guru
Correct. Slope reduction is always disabled in group rides/races. Only available in single mode, but then your results are not listed.
I just thought if that is similar setting as like Zwift trainer difficulty setting. Where the ascents getting easier but you still need to use same amount of power as 100% setting. Better get use to full realism with Bkool then...which is fair.

Last edited:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I also asked to join.

@Bored Man
Are you done breaking in your boots?

Hi Randy.. getting there pal

I haven’t had Tinterweb connection for two weeks since I returned to the land of the Scot. Not much else to do but walk in the rain. By the way - it hasn’t stopped raining for four weeks noo. Loads of landslides...

Anyhoo.. hoping to be reconnected end of this month plus, it looks like it may stop raining for a few days - so hoping to get a camp or two in..

Should be back Bkooling soon.

👍👍👍

Last edited:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Caught up with stage 1 and 2 to this evening.
Bad choice but not bad results.
I chose to do the climb first as I knew I could settle I to a steady grind and try and lead from the front. That @berty bassett chap just kept coming back and flying by. First few times I worked hard to pull him back but then realised it was better to be steady but up the Watts a bit. That worked and I beat his ghost but I don't think I beat his time.
Stage one was a nightmare, with all that climbing in my legs spinning was not going to happen and @AndyMacca flew past me going downhill, with @keithaitch, showing 4.1W/kg on his little name tag so I took it easy downhill and attacked every climb hard. The race against @AndyMacca ghost became a game of ping pong, him passing me going down and him passing me going up.
I gave it my all on the final rise to try and gap him but it was not enough.
I am now curled up on the sofa destroyed!

shimceltic

Veteran
Caught up with stage 1 and 2 to this evening.
Bad choice but not bad results.
I chose to do the climb first as I knew I could settle I to a steady grind and try and lead from the front. That @berty bassett chap just kept coming back and flying by. First few times I worked hard to pull him back but then realised it was better to be steady but up the Watts a bit. That worked and I beat his ghost but I don't think I beat his time.
Stage one was a nightmare, with all that climbing in my legs spinning was not going to happen and @AndyMacca flew past me going downhill, with @keithaitch, showing 4.1W/kg on his little name tag so I took it easy downhill and attacked every climb hard. The race against @AndyMacca ghost became a game of ping pong, him passing me going down and him passing me going up.
I gave it my all on the final rise to try and gap him but it was not enough.
I am now curled up on the sofa destroyed!
Have a beer 🍻, well done for 2 back 2 back efforts.

I tried this week’s downhill. Spinning out with no watts. I may try to swap bikes to get the 52/11 . It may help.
@shimceltic i hope you have packed your sunscreen for next week.

Attachments

• 6F338138-A8B1-4E1C-8020-AE57FDF784F5.png
    6F338138-A8B1-4E1C-8020-AE57FDF784F5.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom