Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
My Bkool seems to start whenever my laptop fires up causing my fan to go into warp drive.
It running in the background when I dont want it.
How do I stop it from running in the background?
I see the liitle black icon appear bottom right of my screen, I right click it and exit but nothing seems to change as next time i re boot it starts again
Many thanks if anybody can assist.
What version of Windows are you using?
For XP, Vista or 7, try this: http://www.howtogeek.com/74523/how-to-disable-startup-programs-in-windows/
For Windows 8: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3446457/stop-programs-launching-when-windows-8-boots/

If you use the Devil's tools: http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-an-Application-from-Opening-at-Startup-With-Mac-OS-X

Last edited:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Stage 2 of this year's TdF has been finished on the BKool using Google Earth. Official distance is 201 km. My distance 209 km.
Total Ascent: 3539m.
Time: 09:38:39

Thank **** stage 3 is flatter :heat:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
BKool have put one of my videos up:dance:

So if anybody fancies a nice little climb (less than 30 minutes, even for me) have a look for "Baslow to Owler Bar" and see me get scalped about a mile from the end :laugh:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Are the videos easy to do for bkool , have been wanting to try it out
If you have a camera that also does GPS tracking I imagine it's fairly easy. I don't, so I had to merge the video with the gpx track from my Garmin - and they weren't quite the same length of time (don't ask why, 'cos I don't know) and BKool initially refused the video for that reason.
Also, because of tree cover on part of the ride the gpx track showed me riding well off the road, so I fixed that in BikeHike. I then worked out the average speed, based on the video length, and input that into BikeHike to make the gpx track fit the video.
Because the speed was averaged, in some places the video was ahead of the gpx and in some places it was behind. There were also some gradient errors. The BKool software has an easy method for correcting both those problems.
The upload to BKool was very slow, and crashed a few times so I had to restart.

BKool's advice page says they prefer videos to be filmed from a car or motorbike. I don't have a motorbike, and I tried a car but couldn't mount the camera anywhere that didn't get part of the car in the shot, and BKool don't want that. I finished up using a video from a ride. The camera was mounted above the handlebars, which is why I seem to be wobbling all over the place on the steeper sections.

To sum up - I followed the advice page as much as I could. It was fiddly, but not difficult, and I got there in the end.
Give it a try, but it might be worth doing a test video of short duration to get the feel for the process before attempting the real thing.

Last edited:

harly

Ah i see , no my camera doesnt have gps either still pleased its possible to do tho i think i can work my way threw all that , yes a short test run will be on the cards this weekend i think
Cheers

shaner

Hi All

I'm a first time poster after investing in a shiny new Bkool trainer. I'm just getting to grips with the different ways to set up a ride. I've tried to look for some of the legendary hill climbs from Europe without much success, anyone had any success at finding video'd legendary climbs?

Ta

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Hi All

I'm a first time poster after investing in a shiny new Bkool trainer. I'm just getting to grips with the different ways to set up a ride. I've tried to look for some of the legendary hill climbs from Europe without much success, anyone had any success at finding video'd legendary climbs?

Ta
:welcome:
Click on "Sessions", then "route finder".
In the Filter Results section, click on "Close to" and type "Europe", then click on "Whose name contains" and type "col". Click on "Type of profile" and tick "video".

You'll get a list of 5 rides. Click on "see all" to get lots more.

Of course, if you want a specific climb you can type its name into "Whose name contains" and shortcut the process.

Last edited:

shaner

Thanks for speedy response, ^_^

I'll have a go at getting 1/10 of the way up one of those later!

shaner

I've just started using my Bkool trainer and have a read through the previous posts (much more helpful than the instructions).

One question I did have for the group, has anyone managed to use an external training video with Bkool other than just selecting a Velodrome session? For instance, if you want to set a consistent gradient of 5-10% and set it running for an hour while you maximise the training video?

There just so many external videos being created that it seems a shame to be limited to using these with minimal resistance selected.

harly

So you want to watch a non bkool video whilst useing the bkool set on a decent gradient , ive done something similar by selecting a video of a steep climb which i know will take me hours set it running then put in a dvd to watch instead of watching the bkool screen

kipster

Guru
@Asa Post I did your Baslow to Owler Bar video tonight, a nice video and just what I needed as my legs still ache from the walk up and down Cragg Vale on Sunday for TdF viewing.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
@Asa Post I did your Baslow to Owler Bar video tonight, a nice video and just what I needed as my legs still ache from the walk up and down Cragg Vale on Sunday for TdF viewing.
I'm pleased that you enjoyed it.

If you'd gone slower I'd have given you a like, but as you beat my PB you can :whistle:. :laugh:

More seriously, you've got some impressive power there :training:

busyapebusy

Hi everyone, I got the Bkool for a week but still cant solve the problem with my Bsim. I am using windows 8.1. I have created a session at Bkool.com. And I have updated the status at Bsim. It shown a color bar that the sessions was downloaded already. Then I click "single player" and it said "there are no sessions available". I have sent a mail to info@bkool.com and they said it maybe the antivirus software problem. But i had disabled all antivirus software already. But still no change. Anyone has the same happening? Thank you very much

Top Bottom