Team Sky/Ineos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
We don't rise to @Lloss.He only pops up now and again for food.
Great tour and Allaphillipe and Pinot have been great.Allaphillipe went a lot further than I gave him credit for ! No reason why he can't go on and win in future.
Saying that it's not over yet...what biblical weather today ? Swarm of locusts and Valverde wins the tour ?
I totally agree it’s been fascinating this year, we seem to have witnessed a changing of the guard this year, as for what’s in store, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the clouds parted, a big beam of light shone down and a Monty python style angel came down and flew alongside Bernal shouting allez allez as he rode on!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
One of the blokes with the eyebrows on ITV, could have been Kennaugh, said the difference in training between arriving in form and arriving over cooked was minor and it only took a small misjudgement to get it wrong. He attributed the bad form of a few Ineos boys to exactly that.
I'm conscious of that too It's why I'm always undercooked when I go for a spin

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
I think they might go for Sosa (another Columbian, only 21) Won the Vuelta a Burgos las year and another proper climber - which is what's going to be needed in the Vuelta this year.

KneesUp

Guru
Sivakov is possibly the best call although maybe Thomas will fancy a crack.
It's been surprising how those who have previously talked themselves up as GC contenders have had a bad year; Poels, Moscon, Kwiat.
De la Cruz isn't up to it imho.
You'd have to imagine that 'G' would be up for it - he's not got that many race miles on the clock this year, and he finished 2nd at the TdF. If Skineos really do take Froome, Bernal and Thomas to the TdF next year, you have to suspect that 'G' is unlikely to win it - the team really seemed to want Froome to get to 5 prior to his accident, and IIRC, they weren't really pretending otherwise even though Thomas was the defending champion, so next year - injuries and recoveries permitting - you'd imagine they'd go with Froome/Bernal leadership. So - to get to the point - if G wants more Grand Tour titles, this years' Vuelta might be a good place to start. At his age his isn't going to win lots of any of them, so if it were me I'd try and get 1 of each.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I think they might go for Sosa (another Columbian, only 21) Won the Vuelta a Burgos las year and another proper climber - which is what's going to be needed in the Vuelta this year.

Yep, good shout - Sosa looks like a really interesting prospect who's probably about ready to break through to the big time. But team leader? I'm sure you're right that he'll be in the team but surely more likely as support for Sivakov again, as in the Giro?
ETA: have just seen that Sivakov isn't riding, so maybe you're right!

Osorio is another hot young Colombian, but he hasn't been picked up by a WT team... yet. I expect Sir Dave is keeping an eye on him.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
You'd have to imagine that 'G' would be up for it - he's not got that many race miles on the clock this year, and he finished 2nd at the TdF. If Skineos really do take Froome, Bernal and Thomas to the TdF next year, you have to suspect that 'G' is unlikely to win it - the team really seemed to want Froome to get to 5 prior to his accident, and IIRC, they weren't really pretending otherwise even though Thomas was the defending champion, so next year - injuries and recoveries permitting - you'd imagine they'd go with Froome/Bernal leadership. So - to get to the point - if G wants more Grand Tour titles, this years' Vuelta might be a good place to start. At his age his isn't going to win lots of any of them, so if it were me I'd try and get 1 of each.

Assuming Froome actually recovers to something like his previous levels, I suspect they will go Giro: Carapaz/Thomas. TdF: Froome/Bernal

Not sure about the Vuelta...Thomas+?

Top Bottom