Team Sky/Ineos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
The trouble is I like watching cycling ! Same with football,do you stop supporting your team because some shite sponsor like "Wonga" were sponsoring them.The Fracking thing does bother me as it's a thing close to home.I didn't like the association with Sky but I liked the riders/team.
So I'll go on watching/supporting until my concience gives up on me.If I have one.

tom73

Guru
Supporting the members of a team who other than speaking out or walking off and leaving due to the sponsor have little to do with the activities of them. It's down to individuals to square. It's not at odds with equally pointing out and raising awareness of the sponsors activities. But if at the time you go out and buy stuff plastered with the sponsor is more of a difficult one to square.

Reactions: mjr
The trouble is I like watching cycling ! Same with football,do you stop supporting your team because some shite sponsor like "Wonga" were sponsoring them.The Fracking thing does bother me as it's a thing close to home.I didn't like the association with Sky but I liked the riders/team.
So I'll go on watching/supporting until my concience gives up on me.If I have one.

It really depends on which buttons it presses. It has definitely excorcised some Yorkshire councillors.

As you say, research required but I imagine there would be some stiff competition from dodgy oligarchs and middle eastern countries with questionable human rights records.

I won't dig too deeply into the environmental credentials of the Belgian building industry in case I get disillusioned about Wanty Groupe Gobert.

I was thinking the same thing. Bahrain does not exactly have a wonderful human rights record, Katusha arguably has more dodgy environmental links, a quick Google shows me some anti-abortion links, tobacco, concrete making etc.... so perhaps not the most amoral but the closest to home we've ever had, plus a strong personal dislike of Britain's richest man, based on only what I've read, including today.

i will keep watching as i always have , as pointed out above cycling has other dodgy sponsors, i just seperate the two mentally

He had better pull out now IMO a bunch of ordinary riders backed up with medicine.

and yet they have been investigated and ......remind me what the outcome was, oh yeah ....nothing. im not particularly a sky/ineos fan,well no more than any other team, but if something is proven then i hope they get everything they deserve but untill then.....

by the way their is a seperate thread about doping if it is of interest...

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/doping-git-thread.164771/page-108#navigation

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
i will keep watching as i always have , as pointed out above cycling has other dodgy sponsors, i just seperate the two mentally

and yet they have been investigated and ......remind me what the outcome was, oh yeah ....nothing. im not particularly a sky/ineos fan,well no more than any other team, but if something is proven then i hope they get everything they deserve but untill then.....

by the way their is a seperate thread about doping if it is of interest...

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/doping-git-thread.164771/page-108#navigation
There's been an outcome? I thought it was still pending due to the doctor's ill health. https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/froome-and-wiggins-tues.207216/

ok , just for your benefit seeing as you like to be awkward,.... up to know , there has been no allegation of cheating or doping in any form been proved against froome or wiggins ,up to present day, if and when there is, then I will change my views on the matter..…….even though you knew exactly what I meant.

Adam4868

Guru
ok , just for your benefit seeing as you like to be awkward,.... up to know , there has been no allegation of cheating or doping in any form been proved against froome or wiggins ,up to present day, if and when there is, then I will change my views on the matter..…….even though you knew exactly what I meant.
Don't mess with @mjr he'll tell you when it's sorted !

mjr

Actually, I agree with you on that, but I think it's a disgrace that various investigations and enquiries and proceedings are still continuing almost seven years later. Until they conclude, we can't really refer to an outcome and probably should keep an asterisk by Wiggins's win, if not some of Froome's :sad:

mjr

For what it's worth, if these protesters think they will bother Team Ineos/Chris Froome then they are sadly mistaken, the nasty and disgusting protests they endured as Team Sky by jealous French fans in the Tour de France were far worse, having urine thrown at them, chased up mountains by people in Doctor outfits accompanied by a giant inhaler, I'm sure that a paper mask with Devils horns will make them abandon and jump into the broom wagon....not
Unlike the doctor ones, I don't think the anti fracky placky protests are really aimed at the riders or soigneurs. Most of them are under contract since before this sponsor was chosen and had no role in choosing it. I don't think anyone's expecting them to down tools over it. It's more about providing an alternative narrative to Jr's media show that's piggybacking on the cycling team.

Lloss

For what it's worth, if these protesters think they will bother Team Ineos/Chris Froome then they are sadly mistaken, the nasty and disgusting protests they endured as Team Sky by jealous French fans in the Tour de France were far worse, having urine thrown at them, chased up mountains by people in Doctor outfits accompanied by a giant inhaler, I'm sure that a paper mask with Devils horns will make them abandon and jump into the broom wagon....not
Perhaps the French know something you don´t.

Top Bottom